PDA

View Full Version : Beer League Soccer.

andres_mt
04-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Is anyone here going to play for beer league soccer this summer?

Mar
04-05-2006, 08:11 PM
How do I join? I'll play for sure.

andres_mt
04-05-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't have the info right now, but keep checking this thread , i'll try and get the info sometime.

Mar
04-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Ya I would have played last year but didn't have a car to get to the games. When does it usually start in this city? I'm pumped to play again. Is there an actual competitive league or is this pretty competitive? I'm not amazing but I like a skill game, just got kind of fat since I stopped playing.

Shaolin
04-05-2006, 09:34 PM
check www.fusioncoedsoccer.com, and http://calgarysportsclub.com/

you can also go through CUSA as well but it'll cost you ALOT MORE..

cman
04-05-2006, 11:00 PM
What are you playing this year Henry?

Vypros
04-05-2006, 11:08 PM
:eek: I can drink while playing soccer in a league? Sign me up!

Shaolin
04-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by cman
What are you playing this year Henry?

I play for all 3.. and I'll probably do the same this year... injured both of my ankles this indoor so I've been sidelined since end of Feb. Hopefully be completely fit by mid May.. going to try and practice with the squads in a couple of weeks.

Mar
04-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
check www.fusioncoedsoccer.com, and http://calgarysportsclub.com/

you can also go through CUSA as well but it'll cost you ALOT MORE..

CSSC LEAGUE DETAILS

Start Date: Spring 2006 Leagues Begin the week of April 23rd.
Players - 6 on the field, minimum 2 women (a female goalie does not count toward the 2 female minimum requirement). We recommend teams of 9 - 12.
Cost - Sunday $385(8 weeks). Week night leagues are $430 (9 weeks) or $70/individuals or friends. Small group (5-8 players) rate applies - $55pp.
Equipment - CSSC provides field markers and a Wilson game ball to each captain/team before the start of the season. Teams provide a $20 deposit at equipment pick ups (times/dates are TBA). Deposit refunded if equipment is return within 10 days of final game. Players MUST bring light and dark shirts to each game.
Fields - Soccer pitches are located throughout the city and are smaller than regulation size.
Game Times - Most games are at 6:30pm. There will be some 8:15pm games. Monday teams will play on the Long Weekend Monday nights.

6 players on the field per team? 2 mandatory women? Fields smaller than regulation size? How out of shape are these people, I'm looking for competitive sports. Is there anywhere I can find an actual soccer league?

Shaolin
04-10-2006, 05:05 PM
If you're looking for more competition you will want to join the Fusion league.. if you want a competitive men's league then you need to sign up for a team on CUSA.

Here's a link to CUSA Team Postings

http://www.cusa.ab.ca/league.php?scriptName=LEAGUEINFO&leagueID=1000&leagueInfoID=1373

Season starts 1st/2nd week of May.. so chances are tryouts are going to start next week.. So if you're looking for something competitive, you might want to check there and contact a team real soon.

The CSSC is a hit and miss for competition.. there are teams that really suck and there are teams that are pretty good.. You could play teams that've never played soccer before to a team full of players from competitive leagues (IE. CUSA).. so it depends on who you play.

CUSA offers a co-ed league as well but it's very expensive and definitely not worth the money.

Mar
04-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
If you're looking for more competition you will want to join the Fusion league.. if you want a competitive men's league then you need to sign up for a team on CUSA.

Here's a link to CUSA Team Postings

http://www.cusa.ab.ca/league.php?scriptName=LEAGUEINFO&leagueID=1000&leagueInfoID=1373

Season starts 1st/2nd week of May.. so chances are tryouts are going to start next week.. So if you're looking for something competitive, you might want to check there and contact a team real soon.

The CSSC is a hit and miss for competition.. there are teams that really suck and there are teams that are pretty good.. You could play teams that've never played soccer before to a team full of players from competitive leagues (IE. CUSA).. so it depends on who you play.

CUSA offers a co-ed league as well but it's very expensive and definitely not worth the money.

I can't find any information on the price, how much is it? I was thinking about $300 for the season.

snowboard
04-10-2006, 06:13 PM
join lacrosse you girls :D
its one big beer leauge.

Shaolin
04-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I can't find any information on the price, how much is it? I was thinking about $300 for the season.

http://www.calgarycoedsoccer.com/league.php?scriptName=HOME&leagueID=7321

cman
04-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey Henry how much is it to play for a lower div CUSA team on average, any idea?
Thanks.

Shaolin
04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
average fees for lower division CUSA teams are a bit less expensive because you don't have to pay for linesmen.. You start getting linesmen in div 3 and up, so a Div 4 and down squad's fees would work out to about 200-250 bucks a season depending how many players are on the squad.. (the more players, the less the fees obviously).

Season starts first week of May.. so tryouts would probably start either this week or next week for majority of teams.

the_mug
04-14-2006, 09:24 AM
if there still room i would liek to play been a long time that i havent played soccer pm to let me know