PDA

View Full Version : 2WFM-AS Install

brodmeister
04-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Bought myself the arctic start 2WFM-AS tonight. i think i went over my head.... i was just gonna ask before i started if anyone had any words of advice before i start installing this remote starter.

and no comments like such

~pay someone to install it~
~don't screw up~

ps. how do i put in the clutch bypass?

silvercivicsir
04-06-2006, 07:59 AM
what kind of car is it ?

rc2002
04-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Clutch switch is easy - just tap into the clutch wire itself way up behind the pedal.

The only part that I found wasn't straightforward when doing mine into a Honda CRX was the ebrake wire. You need to use a diode coming off terminal 85 of a relay to hook up the ebrake. That's only if your brake signal is 12V at rest.

brodmeister
04-06-2006, 04:32 PM
my car is a honda Crv 98

no security, no key chip

i am really freaked out about installing it... i know i can do it... just the clutch that kinda weirds me out... i'm installing a arctic start 2WFM-AS......

silvercivicsir
04-06-2006, 09:41 PM
you have two options

1) clutch will have two sets of wire coming out of it. ( you will need to "ground" one of the wires. test it by pressing the clutch in and seeing which wire goes to ground.. and then you attach the black status wire from the arctic start to that wire. Make sure it's the crusie control switch your tagging..

2)or you could find the clutch intergration relay and just give the black red wire 12v..

Also for locks you MUST use relays and you can find the park brake wire and brake wire in the Kick.. Crv is pretty easy..

If you don't feel comfortable doing the install, i can probably hook you up with cheap install..

brodmeister
04-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Ok So i Wimped Out....

Anyone Here Wanna Make Some Cash? If You Know How To Install It And Would Like To Pm me with a price and when you could do it. I'm leaving to saskatchewan from thurs night to monday night. so if can be worked around those dates that would be awesome. We could use my garage or your place w/e i just finally wimped out. HA

thanx

brodmeister
04-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Got It Done By DerdallDesigns... Unreal!

A++++++++

Thanx Again Man