PDA

View Full Version : Question to STI owners

calgarygts
04-06-2006, 10:54 AM
I guess this is a question to all car owners out there, specifically subaru in calgary. My friend just got an 05 STI and the rear passenger strut is done. He took it into the dealership (I'm assuming the one by GW cycle with jaguar dealership) and they said they'd replace under warrantee. He asked for an alignment since they'll have the suspension apart and they said they won't do that since they'll just mark the parts and make sure they line up again. I told him they're a bunch of dickheads, how can they 'mark' the pieces and get it to withing a couple of degrees? My question is should they be expected to do the aligment or not?
Thanks ahead of time.

benyl
04-06-2006, 11:07 AM
There isn't much adjustment on the rear struts. Marking the parts is fine. They aren't being dickheads.

To get more camber out of the rear, you have to get camber bolts or a kit. You might get 0.1 degrees of change if you have a buddy pulling on the wheel while you tighten the bolts.

JAYMEZ
04-06-2006, 12:23 PM
When mine got replaced under warranty , they didnt need to align them again. They are being dick heads :thumbsup: ... BUt I mean worse comes to worse , you could always ask if they could do it for you cheap.

Fuji
04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
You dont need the alignment at all. You can't do anything on the subarus on the rear alignment.