PDA

View Full Version : edmonton has the worse drivers?

2000impreza
07-09-2002, 01:43 PM
anyone agree? i've only been here a few days and almost got rear ended twice and side swiped a couple times cause people don't check their blind spots.

Evan
07-09-2002, 01:44 PM
Hrmm, bad drivers everywhere :) Probably just notice it more when you are out of town. I noticed the drivers in Eastern Canada suck as well :D

choweyt3t4
07-09-2002, 02:47 PM
i have to agree - when we were crusing down white ave there was an accident that happened right next to greg - someone rear ended another person. also when we were on white ave traffic moved at idle speed i shit you not - colin almost got cut off and i could go on and on and on but in general i dont think all drivers are like that up there - we have the local dummies here too

shadowz
07-09-2002, 03:29 PM
Ya I was riding in Choweys car and we almost got hit about 6 times literally!!

redline_13000
07-09-2002, 08:11 PM
it seems that the drivers here in calgary stay at a green light till its almost red?. thats what i noticed when i moved down here

Mortimer Schnur
07-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000
it seems that the drivers here in calgary stay at a green light till its almost red?. thats what i noticed when i moved down here

Yeah, that's part of the driving culture. Waste the green, race through the red!

When I was in Vancouver last year, in the space of 5 days, I saw two accidents right in front of me. People turning left and getting nailed at full speed.

Big_Six_Boy
07-10-2002, 02:10 AM
I just got back from Vancouver... and HANDS DOWNS, they got the WORST drivers there! I practically saw an accident everyday I was down there!
Yes, worst than Edmonton and Calgary combined!
Rush hour traffic there can be real slow if you're not an assertive driver...

RiceCake
07-10-2002, 02:17 AM
Vancouver seems to be a really fast paced city, where you sneak into every little tight spot you can get into... it's quite agressive.

alberta tho, we seem to have a lot of careless drivers on the road where they don't believe in shoulder checking etc.

i drove home from my friend's place midday and i almost had 2 suvs sideswipe me from 2 lanes over... :eek: :thumbsdow

Big_Six_Boy
07-10-2002, 10:14 AM
Dude, I had that happen to me so many times, I just expect it now!
Here's a summary:

Calgary Drivers - no shoulder checking, and keep turning even when the turning signal is done 30 seconds ago!

Vancouver Drivers - just plain PAID for their driver's license. Not a clue as to signalling or looking ahead in traffic. (Richmond primarily)

Do I sound bitter? :rolleyes:

BarryBeach
07-11-2002, 12:54 AM
Well apparently Edmonton drivers don't like to stop for red lights. I was allmost T-Boned by and edlerly lady turning onto Calgary Tr. instead i swirved a bit and she only nailed me head on.

I'm sure every city has thier fair share of bad drivers though ... :dunno: