big_k
04-06-2006, 06:35 PM
what time?

dj_rice
04-06-2006, 07:11 PM
8pm

habsfan
04-06-2006, 09:37 PM
anyone watching? canadian guy just kicked ass in his first fight, ref stoppage in the first round

SOAB
04-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by habsfan
anyone watching? canadian guy just kicked ass in his first fight, ref stoppage in the first round

his opponent was an idiot. how could you go into MMA and not have ANY ground skills?

FatboyTheHungry
04-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by SOAB

his opponent was an idiot. how could you go into MMA and not have ANY ground skills?

He had the "Roll over onto my stomach and let my opponent hit me in the head" skill.

Wildcat
04-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Lets start up the official TUF3 thread again this year.

hockeybronx
04-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
Lets start up the official TUF3 thread again this year.

:werd:

The last years thread was huge and went pretty well, until someone had the spoilers to every episode and started relegating it all about.

I liked the first episode, not sure if Shamrocks crew actually believe in their coach.

The funniest part for me is when the guys were standing there while Shamrocks dietician was talking to them. He started jibby-jabbing about "you guys need to go eat your steaks and chicken breasts", honestly the guys were standing there and you could see how useless they felt.

"I'm pretty sure none of us came here to be bodybuilders" hahaha
:D

mushi_mushi
04-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Some general thoughts about the show:

Im not sure how the application process works but im having a hard time believing this is the cream of the crop as far as fighters go. Alot of these guys have loosing records, and some of the ones with wins have only 2 wins under thier belt. I dont train in MMA, but you would think that a nation wide search for contestents would produce better fighters. There are only several people with a legitamite chance at winning.

Changes to the show:

Personnaly im glad they made changes to the show. Among some of the changes made, no more challenges, no more coasting to the finals and 2 five minute rounds. As entertaining as some of the challenges may have been they really had nothing to do with what happend inside the ring. The only reason for challenges which is they determined who controlled fight selection now that has been replaced with the coin toss. The team that wins the fight, remains in control of selection. Im also glad they decided to bring some Brits along for the ride, adds more diversity/personality to the show.

Trainers:

Judging by the first episode, I think Tito has a significant advantage in training, he seems more down to earth and engages with team members on a 1:1 level giving each guy personal tips.

I understand the purpose of Shamrocks evalution with the sandbags was to gauge mental toughness/heart, but lets face it if a guy doesnt have heart, thats not a problem that training will fix.

I also believe bringing in the body builder was a dumb move, I honestly think he owed the guy some kind of favor, you dont have to have a ripped physic to kick ass inside the ring (prime example Fedor) Its a huge disadvantage not having a grappling coach.

The fact that Tito and Shamrock hate each other will also be intresting to see how the whole thing pans out.

Team Selection:

I think Tito could have chosen a better team as far as tallent goes but he chose to go with the guys which he believed had more heart. Across the board I think Titos team is superior. They might lose thier first couple of fight (the weakest links) but I have a hard time imagining any of shamrocks guys beating titos top picks (ie Michael Bisping)

The fight:

Hmmm boxer vs MMA, thats a tough one. Yeah the canadian guy took in in about 2 minutes, but I wouldnt blow smoke up anyones ass, his opponent was a boxer and therefor didnt really put up a great fight, the fact that he finished him so quick in my opinion doesnt really amount to much.