PDA

View Full Version : Summer Business Job?

SteveMo600
04-06-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm looking for seasonal employment this summer and was hoping to get a job that relates to my field of study.

I'm a 3rd year Bcomm student majoring in Finance with a Minor in Business Law. I am attending the U of A right now and am able to work either in Calgary or in Edmonton.

Anybody know of any positions available anywhere around town?

Thanks in advance for any help.

JL Type-S
04-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Did you check the job postings by Business Career Services?

AndrewMZ3
04-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Deadline: 4:00 PM, Tues., April 11, 2006
Position: Analyst
Posted: Wed., March 1, 2006
Urgent: Deadline Extended

Type: Summer # of Pos: 1 (approx.)
Discipline: BCOMM-FNCE ; MBA-FNCE Start Date: May
Salary: Location: Calgary; Alberta
Salary Type:

Firm: Brookfield Properties Corporation
Suite 800, 335 - 8 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1C9

Attn: Human Resources

Details: THE ORGANIZATION: Brookfield Properties Corporation is a publicly held commercial real estate firm, focussed on the ownership, management and development of premier office properties in the downtown core of select markets.

THE POSITION: Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Asset Management your primary mandate is to provide support for the Asset Management team in the Western Region. You will also support the Leasing, Accounting and Legal teams as required. As a member of the Asset Management team you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects that will utilize your business knowledge and skills while providing you the opportunity to develop new skills.

GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:

ensure accuracy of real estate financial analysis models
assist in the budgeting process and the preparation of the company business plan
assist in the due diligence process and preparation of cash flow forecasts to evaluate properties for acquisition and disposition
assist with a variety of miscellaneous projects requiring financial decisions
assist the Leasing team with market research, tracking tenancies, and updating stacking plans

EDUCATION: As a successful candidate you have completed at least four years of Business studies, preferably with a focus in Finance. DISCIPLINE: BCOMM Finance 2006 / MBA 2006

EXPERIENCE: You have strong MS Excel and MS Word skills, and are familiar with Lotus Notes.

COMPETENCIES: You possess the following qualities:

have an interest in real estate
thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
work well independently as well as a part of multidisciplinary teams
professional image and self motivated
results driven and detail oriented
strong communication and interpersonal skills
creative problem solver
known for the accuracy and quality of your work

Apply: DIRECTLY to the Company : Cover Letter, Resume, via
Email: [email protected] or,
Fax: 770-7064

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deadline: 4:00 PM, Mon., April 17, 2006
Position: Statutory Filings Analyst - Investment Funds
Posted: Mon., March 27, 2006

Type: Summer # of Pos: 1 (approx.)
Discipline: BCOMM-ACCT ; BCOMM-FNCE Start Date: Available Immediately
Salary: Location: Calgary; Alberta
Salary Type:

Firm: Alberta Securities Commission
400, 300 - 5 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3C4
Corporate Web Site: http://www.albertasecurities.com

Attn: Human Resources

Details: The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) plays a leading role in regulating the Canadian capital markets. We continue to build our team of professionals to provide efficient, effective and responsive regulation of the Alberta capital markets. We are looking for a skilled professional to join our team as: STATUTORY FILINGS ANALYST - INVESTMENT FUNDS - 4 MONTH CONTRACT.

As a Statutory Filings Analyst - Investment Funds, your main responsibility will be to assist the Mutual Funds Analyst and Legal Counsel and to maintain the Alberta Securities Commission Information System (ASCIS) database of continuous disclosure filing requirements for mutual funds and other investment funds. In addition, you will process Certificates of Good Standing and respond to public enquiries as required.

Job Responsibilities:

Review and update investment funds information in ASCIS.
Assist the Mutual Funds Analyst and Legal Counsel in the administration of exemption applications and other projects.
Follow up on investment funds in default.
Respond to enquiries regarding whether an investment fund is in good standing.
Respond to public enquiries.
Complete procedures to issue Certificates of Good Standing for investment funds.

Exposure to regulatory requirements, mutual funds or experience with a securities firm would be an asset. You must be familiar with Microsoft Office and possess an aptitude for learning to use other software programs. You have superior organizational skills, are detail oriented, and able to manage a high volume of work in order to meet fixed deadlines. You are a team player who enjoys dealing with the public and can collaborate with all levels of internal staff.
The Alberta Securities Commission is an industry funded provincial corporation responsible for regulating Alberta's capital markets.

Apply: DIRECTLY to the Company : Detailed Résumé, Cover Letter, Salary Expectations, via
Email: [email protected] or,
Fax: 297-3679

SteveMo600
04-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Wowsa. Thanks for the postings man. It looks as though they're for people who have finished their degree's however.

I just got a job yesterday. Thanks for the help!

statick
04-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Congratulations on getting a summer job man. As a future Business student, I am somewhat curious about where and what kind of job you were hired for.

SteveMo600
04-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by statick
Congratulations on getting a summer job man. As a future Business student, I am somewhat curious about where and what kind of job you were hired for.

I got a job at EPCOR here in Edmonton. The pay is pretty good and it'll be a great experience. It's just a summer term as a junior financial modelling analyst.

If you want some information then PM me. I hunted for a little while and got quite a bit of information.

statick
04-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Thanks man, expect a PM soon.