PDA

View Full Version : Web Developers in Calgary

aram1000
04-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Wondering if there any members who work in Web Development, and whats the average web developers salary in the Calgary market?

Vypros
04-07-2006, 10:38 AM
I make about 2k a month in US currency as a freelancer :cry:

AndrewMZ3
04-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Depends what you do and where you work. I know CPSC grads who make 35-40k working for smaller web dev shops, then there are those that do web programming for oil & gas companies that are making over 50k base with about another 20k in variable pay as new grads.

If you have experience in J2EE/.NET and have been in the industry for a while, you can probably get about 80k+.

If you do have the experience, check out www.sisystems.com they usually have a few postings for J2EE or .NET developers.

aram1000
04-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by AndrewMZ3
Depends what you do and where you work. I know CPSC grads who make 35-40k working for smaller web dev shops, then there are those that do web programming for oil & gas companies that are making over 50k base with about another 20k in variable pay as new grads.

If you have experience in J2EE/.NET and have been in the industry for a while, you can probably get about 80k+.

If you do have the experience, check out www.sisystems.com they usually have a few postings for J2EE or .NET developers.

good to konw, I have touched J2EE, but I mainly do MySQL, PHP and ASP development, but sounds like oil and gas is the way to go these days

benyl
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
If you need a referral to sisystems, I can give you one. ;)

Vypros
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by aram1000

good to konw, I have touched J2EE, but I mainly do MySQL, PHP and ASP development, but sounds like oil and gas is the way to go these days Oil and gas > money as far as work goes....Iv'e just been a bit to lazy to get certification and learn.