PDA

View Full Version : Langdon?

koopkoop2
04-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Thinking of buying a place out in Langdon.

Please shout out any pros/cons of this place.

ianmcc
04-07-2006, 01:26 PM
High water table-possible water in your (future) basement. I looked out there two years ago and when I went out the baseball diamond was under water. Bad sign. Also, my old Jeep Gr. Cherokee always had the CEL come on once we got out there-always went out once we returned home. True story, my wife will vouch for me!

rony_espana
04-07-2006, 02:05 PM
I lived there for about 4 years, nice town. The water is disgusting, can't drink nor bathe in it, you'll probably need a water softener for your house. Never had problem with flooding. Pretty close to calgary, but in the winter it would take me up to an hour to get there, they don't clean the highway that well. There was also nothing out there when I lived there, I believe theres like a mini mall and stuff now, not too sure, havn't gone back.

sputnik
04-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by rony_espana
I lived there for about 4 years, nice town. The water is disgusting, can't drink nor bathe in it, you'll probably need a water softener for your house. Never had problem with flooding. Pretty close to calgary, but in the winter it would take me up to an hour to get there, they don't clean the highway that well. There was also nothing out there when I lived there, I believe theres like a mini mall and stuff now, not too sure, havn't gone back.

You dont need a softener. The water is already soft enough. You are referring more to the H2S (rotten eggs) smell. However if you properly aererate the water, all of the smell and taste goes away. It took my father in law a couple of years to figure it out but he got it perfect in Chestermere.

A790
04-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by ianmcc
High water table-possible water in your (future) basement. I looked out there two years ago and when I went out the baseball diamond was under water. Bad sign. Also, my old Jeep Gr. Cherokee always had the CEL come on once we got out there-always went out once we returned home. True story, my wife will vouch for me!

I have friends that have lived there for years... no flooding to speak of.

A nice town, with reasonably priced houses. Make sure that what you buy you don't overspend the neighborhood though. Nice little community, especially if you plan on raising a family in the future.

As far as the water goes, I find that you can shower in it just fine. I don't notice any rotten egg smell, but an airator is a must.

koopkoop2
04-09-2006, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by A790

...Make sure that what you buy you don't overspend the neighborhood though. ...

Please elaborate on this line. I don't quite understand.