PDA

View Full Version : Accident!! What should i do?

hoppy2018
04-08-2006, 04:02 PM
alright heres the story, I had got my s13 painted last week along with all the body work as well. On thursday i left my car at the mechanic shop my uncle works at to have some work done on the engine. I recieve a call from my uncle thursday afternoon with his saying that some 18 year old girl tried to fit in between my freshly painted car and a truck. He said he ran out and yelled at her saying his nephew had just had the car painted and there were tons of witnesses. So he gets all he info.

Her front bumper scraped straight up my drivers side quatrer panel and let a dent as well.

What should i do? I paid alot of money to have the car painted RIGHT!! Now I have a huge scratch/dent. I dont want just that spot painted becasue I shouldnt have too. BULLSHIT.

'93 SR-V
04-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Well if it's fresh paint, just take it back to the same shop and have them do the work... because it's all new, it won't be faded and should be pretty much seamless. She is only responsible for the damage she caused, not to repaint the whole car again!!! But like I said, the same shop using the same paint should have the car looking just like it did before she hit it! It’s shitty to hear, but it shouldn’t be a big deal to get it fixed.

hoppy2018
04-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by '93 SR-V
Well if it's fresh paint, just take it back to the same shop and have them do the work... because it's all new, it won't be faded and should be pretty much seamless. She is only responsible for the damage she caused, not to repaint the whole car again!!! But like I said, the same shop using the same paint should have the car looking just like it did before she hit it! It’s shitty to hear, but it shouldn’t be a big deal to get it fixed.

Ya but you cant just sand the damage down and paint over top of it. I paid alot of money to have the whole car painted at once. And its white so it may not match up exactly.

Thanks for the help though.

NATE0513
04-08-2006, 05:42 PM
You say your uncle got all of this obviously dense woman? She/her insurance company is responsible for the damages to your vehicle. If you have the receipts and etc. for an obviosuly new paint job and get a "smart" adjuster your car "should" be returned to its exact state prior to the accident. Remember play it cool until it is time to play hard ball, explain your case firmly but dont be overly agressive.

The ball is in your court, she is at fault with witnesses.

Good Luck!

WWJAI
04-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by hoppy2018

I paid alot of money to have the whole car painted at once. And its white so it may not match up exactly.

Its fresh paint still..using the same white should match up exactly the same.

kane584
04-08-2006, 06:58 PM
is she hot ?

Weapon_R
04-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I dont want just that spot painted becasue I shouldnt have too. BULLSHIT.

Don't try and take advantage of a shitty situation. Your car is freshly painted so painting that area should be more than fair, and white should be the EASIEST color to match.

yellowsnow
04-08-2006, 07:11 PM
^^ yeah what he said. do what's right, and don't be a bitch about it. i doubt any appraiser would let you repaint the whole car anyway.

Goblin
04-08-2006, 11:04 PM
alright heres the story, I had got my s13 painted last week along with all the body work as well. On thursday i left my car at the mechanic shop my uncle works at to have some work done on the engine. I recieve a call from my uncle thursday afternoon with his saying that some 18 year old girl tried to fit in between my freshly painted car and a truck. He said he ran out and yelled at her saying his nephew had just had the car painted and there were tons of witnesses. So he gets all he info.

Her front bumper scraped straight up my drivers side quatrer panel and let a dent as well.

What should i do? I paid alot of money to have the car painted RIGHT!! Now I have a huge scratch/dent. I dont want just that spot painted becasue I shouldnt have too. BULLSHIT.

carefully go over your post again....

get it yet?

now?

No? Here, let me help you. 18 year old girl

hoppy2018
04-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Goblin

carefully go over your post again....

get it yet?

now?

No? Here, let me help you. 18 year old girl

sorry, im not catching what ur trying to say.

hoppy2018
04-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by kane584
is she hot ?

I havent seen her yet but she sounded hot on the phone.:poosie:

Lex350
04-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI

Its fresh paint still..using the same white should match up exactly the same.

...that and white is one of the easier colors to match. If it was red or silver it would be worse. The higher the metallic content, the harder to match

bonedavid
04-10-2006, 09:01 PM

take a chill pill pal...do deep breaths...a little mantra maybe....feeling calmer..good...

listen..turn things round and put yourself in her place..you've just scratched some guys car and he demands you pay for a full paint job..no chance.

stop whining and act like a man..do the right thing..get the panels re-done at the paint shop..christ its bloody white paint..not the cistene chapel..you won't notice the difference (except maybe in your mind)