PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage and Student Loan Question

2.2vtec
04-09-2006, 05:42 PM
If someone has a student loan but qualifies for a family member for a mortage can the alberta goverment ask you to start repaying your loan right away?

xrayvsn
04-09-2006, 10:09 PM
If you are on title for the house, you must list it as an asset, and you will likely not get another student loan. I am not quite sure if this is what you are asking, though.

Otherwise, once you are no longer a student, you get a 6 month grace period before you have to start paying back your student loan. Having a mortgage will not mean that you have to pay it back sooner. I would call and ask, though since I don't quite understand your circumstances.

01RedDX
04-10-2006, 09:08 AM

2.2vtec
04-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Well i'm thinking of co signing but I'm actually on interest relief because i'm not working. Mortgage broker said as long as I have a good credit it didnt matter that I wasn;t employed...

topmade
04-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Whatever you do, make sure to check first, or you'll end up paying back big time. Had a couple of friends who got student loans but apparently lied on their loan forms. Any way's to conclude the loans where asked for immediate payback and whatever was granted was also demanded to be paid back. :eek: