PDA

View Full Version : need cell phone plan

ecstasy_civic
03-24-2003, 12:41 PM
i need a new cell phone with a good plan for a reasonable price.

i need min.300 daytime min. unlimited evenings and weekends. so far through my findings im looking at 50 bucks+ a month.
is that about right?

boi-alien
03-24-2003, 12:44 PM
i think telus has the plan for you it's about that price and you get 300mins and unlimited weekends and eves. go check any telus mobility store

ecstasy_civic
03-24-2003, 12:44 PM
right on, thnx

the-240sx-guy
03-24-2003, 01:42 PM
yup. i could get you into a plan that gives you 300 mins anytime, unlimited evnings and weekends for $40.00 plus the applicable fees.

some restrictions apply.

ecstasy_civic
03-24-2003, 01:45 PM
when!!!!
i need one today so i can get my business cards finished.
how long of a term, what type of phone? what company?

Weapon_R
03-24-2003, 03:51 PM
I pay 40/month, 350mins daytime, unlim. evenings and weekends. Rogers AT&T.

ecstasy_civic
03-24-2003, 07:50 PM
i ended up going to bell mobility, got a sweet ass phone and only pay 44 a month tax in with voice mail and CID.

i was going to go to rogers but i didnt like the phone selection.

RCBVtec
03-25-2003, 06:35 PM
what does your plan include?

bol
03-25-2003, 06:37 PM
my cellphone bill is about $46/month TOTAL and i have 300 weekday, unlim evenings and weekends, voicemail, calldisplay, etc

with rogers

RCBVtec
03-25-2003, 06:43 PM
cool yeah that's why we just came out with one of our plans, that rogers plan is a really good deal.

Ajay
03-25-2003, 10:02 PM
That Talk 40 Plus plan is pretty much the only plan I've been activating with phones lately. It's only available till the end of this month anyway but if you already got a plan with Bell then that info is useless to you!

Bell has some sweet ass phones that's for sure!

ecstasy_civic
03-26-2003, 12:09 AM
i got some fancy audiovox phone. really tiny and its super clear. i was out in the boonies after work doing some estimates and it worked fine:thumbsup:

RCBVtec
03-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
That Talk 40 Plus plan is pretty much the only plan I've been activating with phones lately. It's only available till the end of this month anyway but if you already got a plan with Bell then that info is useless to you!

Bell has some sweet ass phones that's for sure!

That plan will probably be extended like the big deal was... eveyone wants to go onto it!

roopi
03-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

i was going to go to rogers but i didnt like the phone selection.

Bell has better phones than Rogers? Dude are you on crack? Audiovox is not a sweet ass phone. :dunno:

But if you are happy with it thats good. Doesn't take much to impress you!

HRD2PLZ
03-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by RCBVtec

That plan will probably be extended like the big deal was... eveyone wants to go onto it!

I think it sucks that this plan is for new clients only. It would be ideal for me with my new job :thumbsdow

Ajay
03-30-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

I think it sucks that this plan is for new clients only. It would be ideal for me with my new job :thumbsdow

The plan also applies to existing customers but only if your contract has come up for renewal.

A friend of mine has the LG and he's a pretty high user so Telus mailed him a renewal letter and he can get a new phone if he wants but he just wants the plan....coming in to see me tomorrow and he's just gonna renew for one year (minimum) with his phone to get the plan.

So it really depends where you are in your contract. When it first came out yes it was only for new customers but they've extended that to existing...my guess is cause they realized how many complaints they would get cause it is a pretty sweet plan! If I didn't have a demo line from work I'de be all over that plan!

HRD2PLZ
03-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Ajay

The plan also applies to existing customers but only if your contract has come up for renewal.

A friend of mine has the LG and he's a pretty high user so Telus mailed him a renewal letter and he can get a new phone if he wants but he just wants the plan....coming in to see me tomorrow and he's just gonna renew for one year (minimum) with his phone to get the plan.

So it really depends where you are in your contract. When it first came out yes it was only for new customers but they've extended that to existing...my guess is cause they realized how many complaints they would get cause it is a pretty sweet plan! If I didn't have a demo line from work I'de be all over that plan!

I have the LG too. I'm in year 2 of a 3 year contract (I bought my LG outright to replace my Timeport). I have 2 phones on Telus right now but the plan that is up for renewal is going to be cancelled (its in my name for a buddy). I guess it wouldn't hurt to call customer service and ask. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
03-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by roopi

Bell has better phones than Rogers? Dude are you on crack? Audiovox is not a sweet ass phone. :dunno:

But if you are happy with it thats good. Doesn't take much to impress you!

seeing as how i was happy with my phone and DIDNT ask for anyone's opinon, it was either a nokia that the guy told me was a piece of shit! or an ugly motorola which he didnt recomend, that leaving me with the choices of 2 ugly nokia's i wasnt intrerested with.

Bell on the other hand had 3 phones i was interested in, a better plan selection and only a 2 year contract instead of 3 which rogers wanted me to sign on to.

so, i guess it doesnt take much to impress me, just what i like does the trick.:thumbsup: :devil:

Ajay
03-31-2003, 02:07 AM
Bell does have some sweet ass phones that's for sure....I really like some of their flip phones.

Ah well....guess that's why there's competition between all the carriers...cool phones, good rates, and sweet coverage (for a couple at least!)

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2003, 02:15 AM
hey i guess your easy to impress too:rolleyes:

i got the audiovox 8500

roopi
03-31-2003, 02:36 AM
hey i guess your easy to impress too:rolleyes:

i got the audiovox 8500

didn't mean to offend you. take it easy.

if the guy told you that it was a 3 year term for Rogers then that guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Rogers doesn't even offer 3 year terms anymore. I think Telus is the only provider that still offers 3 year terms.

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2003, 02:40 AM
ya i dunno who it was, but he told me that i should get this ugly ass nokia that was about as big as my arm and i had to sign up for a 3yr contract to get my 3 months free.

RCBVtec
04-01-2003, 11:25 AM

I have the LG too. I'm in year 2 of a 3 year contract (I bought my LG outright to replace my Timeport). I have 2 phones on Telus right now but the plan that is up for renewal is going to be cancelled (its in my name for a buddy). I guess it wouldn't hurt to call customer service and ask. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Like Ajay said it doesn't matter if you are still in a contract we offer it to everyone... call CS and get them to change it!! It's a good plan...

Weapon_R
04-01-2003, 02:19 PM
ya i dunno who it was, but he told me that i should get this ugly ass nokia that was about as big as my arm and i had to sign up for a 3yr contract to get my 3 months free.

Which phone was that? Last time I checked, Rogers didn't have a 3 year contract, only a 2 year max and they are the only provider that give 3 months free. Telus gives four I believe.

As far as I know, the only two nokias offered with Rogers is the 8390 and the 3590, both (especially the 8390) are extremely small.

HRD2PLZ
04-01-2003, 06:33 PM

Like Ajay said it doesn't matter if you are still in a contract we offer it to everyone... call CS and get them to change it!! It's a good plan...

Thanks man, I was waiting for your response :D

Ajay
04-02-2003, 01:22 AM
And that plan was extended until the end of this month too.

RCBVtec
04-02-2003, 10:04 AM

Thanks man, I was waiting for your response :D

Yeah sorry was off for a few days, the whole moving thing :D you have until April 30 to get on it. Will most likely be extended again, but you never know.

HRD2PLZ
04-02-2003, 06:39 PM

Yeah sorry was off for a few days, the whole moving thing :D you have until April 30 to get on it. Will most likely be extended again, but you never know.

Well, my billing period ends April 11th, so I'm on the talk 40+ plan as of April 12th. Had to extend my contract by another 2 years though :guns: because it would have been up in June.

RCBVtec
04-03-2003, 10:53 AM
yeah that kinda sucks, but after the Talk 40 plus promo ends the unlimited eve/wknd calling won't be part of it, the plan will only be the 300 minutes for the month. that's the way it stands now anyway...