PDA

View Full Version : annoying drivers

bonedavid
04-10-2006, 12:01 AM
what bugs you about driving today,????

my pet hate is lack of manners:thumbsdow

how many times do you give way etc just to have some tosser completely ignore your kindness.

what bugs you guys ( and the answer "you brits" is not acceptable;)

HyperZell
04-10-2006, 12:12 AM
People who don't signal before turning/changing lanes. The worst is when they are almost completely stopping to get into a place with a driveway connected to the main road, and because they don't signal you can't figure out why they're slowing down so much. Wtf?

gp36912
04-10-2006, 12:16 AM
isn't there already one of these? o well here goes

slow drivers that go 20 kms below the speed limit,
people that don't signal and barge into your lane with less than 30 cms between your bumper and his then flips you off.

Clanche
04-10-2006, 12:18 AM
people that dont wave thank you when you let them in... no signaling puts me in rage mode :whipped: :whipped:

bonedavid
04-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by gp36912

if there is my appologies for duplication.

my excuse is i'm a newbie here..just trying to get you guys posting:whipped:

i also meant to ask do you have many speed cameras in canada..england is swamped with them nowadays??

gp36912
04-10-2006, 12:30 AM
no worries about it,
in canada there aren't that many, most of the time when you get ticketed is by a camera just set up by the cops or being caught by a cop in the bush with radar gun. i thought most of englands cameras were for plate recognition?

bonedavid
04-10-2006, 12:37 AM
i thought most of englands cameras were for plate recognition?

no chance..almost all are for speeding.
in northampton the cameras there pulled in over £1 million in revenue so far since their introduction.

we have cameras in the cats eyes now that gauge your average speed over a set distance and wallop!!£60 fine with 3 points on your licence for going 2 miles over limit.

its no wonder there are now 2 million brits within 3 points of a years ban:eek: (12 points = ban)

new cameras go up daily..and many people are caught by these to such an extent that a new camera put on a dual carriageway in worcester got over 100 people in the first hour of use:devil:

Lexxan
04-10-2006, 12:45 AM
mine is when i drive 160 on the #2 and people pass at 120 in a 110 for 5 minutes and i ride their ass for the whole time when they KNOW I arrived at 150 and will continue at that speed. I now know it is faster to take the secondarys at high speed.

dragonone
04-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Clanche
people that dont wave thank you when you let them in... no signaling puts me in rage mode :whipped: :whipped:

actually i waved in LA and my frnds there laughed at me:dunno:

Vagabond142
04-10-2006, 08:32 AM
I hate people that will pull into the "fast lane" and then go 10 kms under the limit. This happened last year during the end of summer cruise... coming down the #1 at a decent clip, Mustang with old fart driving pulls out from the right lane, looking like he's going to pass a big semitruck, and then slows down to 90 kph :banghead: :banghead: Of course, there was no way around, so with a SHITLOAD of honking and usage of the flasher, he decided it MIGHT be a good idea to let the 5 km long snake of vehicles faster than him by:whipped: :whipped:

topmade
04-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Respect the road and the other drivers who you share it with. Of course in a place like LA you wouldn't get anywere doing the same thing in Calgary, but for now I'm in Calgary and will worry about LA if I'm ever there, but here are my pet peeves about other drivers.

1) Slow drivers - Go the damn speed limit, it's set at that speed for a reason and it's safe to drive at that speed during normal weather conditions.

2) People who don't wave when you let them in - this just shows they have no idea of what's going on around them, or just don't have any manners

3) Old grannies who honk at you when you merge in with lots of space - I think driving tests should be manditory after a certain age

4) People who speed to get past you and get in front of you then slow down - I don't know what the point of this one is, but it's just annoying, espcially just cruising along at like 120-130 to Edmonton which is totally normal and some stupid moron speeds past you like they are in a hurry just to get in front of you and slow down

5) People who don't signal properly - This is dangerous as it could cause accidents, signals are there to notify other drivers of what you are doing, because like me, most people are not phycic

6) People who stop for J-walkers - I'll stop for people who use
cross walks but not for people trying to dash across the middle of the street.

Tech2
04-10-2006, 10:38 AM
I think driving would be a TON better if people could just give a little signal when you let them in. And people should be quick to let others in too, so we can ALL get home faster.

DelSoln
04-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Drivers that follow too close. This always annoys me more so in the winter.

403Gemini
04-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Its weird, i can have somebody not signal and cut me off like crazy... but if they wave... i dont care.

If they dont wave, yes, rage mode engages ;)

I hate people who are in the fast lane and drive the EXACT SAME FUCKING SPEED as the lane right next to it.

I hate people who see your fucking signal light and DONT let you in.

People who yield/stop when they dont need too (merges, lanes that continue on, etc)

rage2
04-10-2006, 11:04 AM
The non signal thing is almost a neccessity in Calgary. If you signal, more than half the time the car in the other lane will speed up to block you because they feel they own the road. I usually change lanes to reserve my spot, and signal 1/2 way into the lane change to satisfy cops looking to give me a ticket for non signalling.

Ekliptix
04-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Calgary drivers don't piss me off. If I just keep telling myself that everything will be alright.

nusneak
04-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by topmade
Respect the road and the other drivers who you share it with. Of course in a place like LA you wouldn't get anywere doing the same thing in Calgary, but for now I'm in Calgary and will worry about LA if I'm ever there, but here are my pet peeves about other drivers.

1) Slow drivers - Go the damn speed limit, it's set at that speed for a reason and it's safe to drive at that speed during normal weather conditions.

2) People who don't wave when you let them in - this just shows they have no idea of what's going on around them, or just don't have any manners

3) Old grannies who honk at you when you merge in with lots of space - I think driving tests should be manditory after a certain age

4) People who speed to get past you and get in front of you then slow down - I don't know what the point of this one is, but it's just annoying, espcially just cruising along at like 120-130 to Edmonton which is totally normal and some stupid moron speeds past you like they are in a hurry just to get in front of you and slow down

5) People who don't signal properly - This is dangerous as it could cause accidents, signals are there to notify other drivers of what you are doing, because like me, most people are not phycic

:werd: to your whole list!
I think the most common thing is common fucking sense, I usually like to drive fast and sometimes people even drive faster then me, I give way to them and follow behind going at my 'some what fast speed' saying ahahha what a douche bag just like everyone else is saying about me.

But when I do want to go the limit I of course don't block people or try to fuck anyone over, until someone does it to me :guns:

Vypros
04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
People in front of you who go 10 over the speed limit, then QUICKLY dodge with no signal into the left hand turning lane lea ving a row of stopped cars right in front of you forcing you to slam on your brakes and have a fucking heart attack. :guns:

gp36912
04-10-2006, 12:36 PM
^^^^ haha i know what you mean.

handsomebassman
04-10-2006, 12:47 PM
after getting back from my europe trip last night, i can say that my previous view of everyone in canada sucking ass with regards to their driving skills, that i now have a completely new view, and love all you other drivers. I have never seen worse drivers till my trip.

Ben
04-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Meh, this is North America, get used to it.

After spending the better part of a month on an island 7000km from here, with basically no road laws and vehicle requirements, it was awe inspiring how well these people drove.

They would let you in, EVEN if THEY have right of way (think T Intersections). Wave, Honk in acceptance, allow you to merge, absolutly NO SUCH THING as road rage down there.

It's far to laid back, and people are just not in that big of a hurry that 2 seconds lost in being courteous is going to deprive them of life.

North America is the opposite, home of gluttony and haste. "Me first at all cost". After being back, I just dont care any more, people cut me off and drive like fuckbeaks, and I'm just not phased any more. Usually just hope they drive off a bridge or something, but thats about it.

In February, all of the above lists would be bang on, but now, I just dont care and it's not worth it to dwell and get pissed off at the inevitable.

bmwM5_x
04-10-2006, 02:33 PM
1. If it snows even just a little everyone will drive at 30km/hour even on the highways and there will still be stream of traffic accidents coming in the radio

2. Drivers , talking on cell, getting stuff from the back while driving, not paying attention LEADING to swirving on the road, swing left to right.

3. SUV and TRUCKERS constantly cuts you off the last min during merge

Ekliptix
04-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Ben I totally know what you mean about drivers and people in the Bahamas. They are so polite, it is awesome. No one is in a rush, waving, etc. It's great.

l8braker
04-10-2006, 03:26 PM
1- Pickup truck drivers who own large vehicles to compensate.
2- Idiots who have the gangsta lean showing off for their girl/boys in the car with them.
3- Drivers that immediately speed up and ride your ass after merging infront of them.
4- Soccer Dads that try and police the roads in their minivans.. I know your angry that I have 50 more years of life than you and your wife hasn't pleased you in years... Get off your high horse.
5-Ricers!

/rant!:goflames:

GQBalla
04-10-2006, 03:45 PM
ermm i hate everything that everyone has posted.

cept what really piss me off are city bus drivers!!!!!!

TrevorK
04-10-2006, 03:51 PM
I hate people who seem to think there is a "fast lane" on non-highway/freeway roads.

Ekliptix
04-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK
I hate people who seem to think there is a "fast lane" on non-highway/freeway roads.
It's still courtesy to get out of my way if someone is slowing me down and has a safe option to move over.

Lexxan
04-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK

please tell me you're fucking joking. If you're going the speed limit or slower get the fuck over. People like you cause accidents because other drivers have to make stupid crazy moves to get around you.

HybridTheory
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Clanche

:werd: Those two are my top pet peeves for driving. It just ticks me off so much when you let someone in and they don't even have the fucking courtesy to thank you.

As well I get quite annoyed when I'm at a red light and the moron in front of me isn't paying attention when the lights change.

gp36912
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
lol BEN your the only guy whos lucky enough to live in barbados for awhile.

shawtie
04-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Lexxan

please tell me you're fucking joking. If you're going the speed limit or slower get the fuck over. People like you cause accidents because other drivers have to make stupid crazy moves to get around you.

If your going the speed limit get the fuck over?? its stupid drivers that make the crazy moves to get around people doing the speed limit that cause accidents!

dino_martini
04-10-2006, 04:54 PM
BMW 3 series - well most of them. No signal, speeding, flipping you the bird..all that shit.

frostyda9
04-10-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Lexxan on this one. If you're going 100 in the left lane of Deerfoot, you're going to get a good view of some headlights in the rear view, and deservedly so. Try pulling that shit from Airdrie to Calgary at 7AM and see how courteous drivers are about it...

mikey_mo_love
04-10-2006, 05:00 PM
people who don't know how to fucking merge :whipped:

shawtie
04-10-2006, 05:01 PM
whats the max speed limit on deerfoot??

Hakkola
04-10-2006, 05:11 PM
OLD PEOPLE!!!! Dammit, I hate people who stop in the merge lane so much, and it's usually old people. Just today on my way to work, with a good 500m space in front of me driving towards Heritage on 14th st, I see a lady stop at the merge sign, when she obviously has ample time to get in there, what's worse is that she has a 150m merge lane to drive on, yet she stops with 6 cars behind her. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

the 2nd biggest problem I have, is people who have to be first in line at the lights, there's a line up of 4 cars in one lane so they switch lanes to get ahead of the pack, but then they drive slow as fuck. What's the point??? :thumbsdow

I notice a lot more things, but dammit that's enough for now, long ago I realized it is too easy to get your license and people in general suck at driving.

dub_686
04-10-2006, 05:15 PM
people who dont signal.. and drive slow in the fas lane!!:guns:

88CRXGUY
04-10-2006, 05:22 PM
People that don't know the difference between a yeld and a merge...Were the cars that came to alberta made without signal lights, if they made with them people don't know how to use them.

eb0i
04-10-2006, 05:26 PM
I've noticed (in the past year) that YIELD SIGNS mean nothing anymore.
For example when you are going from 16th Ave to Deerfoot Southbound there is a yield sign for people going east on 16th and want to get onto the exit for Deerfoot South. But instead of yielding they treat it like a merge or just out right cut you off.

This has happened to me at other intersections with yield signs as well. Just last week I came within inches of being t-boned by a girl who didn't obey the yield sign. :guns: :guns:

Vagabond142
04-10-2006, 05:50 PM

Technically, if I remember correctly, if you were to hit a jaywalker, it's the jaywalker's fault :thumbsup:

Vagabond142
04-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
Ben I totally know what you mean about drivers and people in the Bahamas. They are so polite, it is awesome. No one is in a rush, waving, etc. It's great.

:werd: to the courteousness in the Caribbean. The same nice driving applies to Antigua (highest rastafarian population apart from Jamaica, btw). Everyone is just so laid back. Antigua is also packed to the balls with Japanese "super" cars like Supras, all generations of Skylines, Evo's, I even saw a convoy of S15's going down the main highway down there. Everyone waves, lets you in, grins, shakes your hand, hell, I'm pretty sure that they'd give you free food if you were passing by their house. And so, while I may honk to the really ugly drivers (cutting me off, brake checking unneccesarily to try to hit me, etc), I will usually just let shit slide. I may swear a bit about it, but meh :P

Shaolin
04-10-2006, 06:05 PM
1) Merging.. half the people on calgary roads don't know how to merge.

2) when people park their car down 3rd Ave in Chinatown with their hazards on and wanting you to go around them because he's waiting for his wife in the grocery store.

3) People who go below the speed limit when there isn't a rainstorm, hailstorm, earthquake, snowstorm, meteor storm. (or in other words, roads being absolutely clean with no signs of anything mentioned above on the road).

Tech2
04-10-2006, 07:06 PM
I hate it in the winter when it's foggy or snowing or icy or all three, and people still think that they need to go 140. Like my buddy from Calgary, as a passenger with him I fucking freaked when I woke up and he's driving 140 with 50m visibility and asking why so many people are in the ditch.

Oh yeah, like they were saying, drive with courtesy, move over for people, let people in, give a little wave, and basically don't be a dick. We'll all be happier for it.

That.Guy.S30
04-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin

2) when people park their car down 3rd Ave in Chinatown with their hazards on and wanting you to go around them because he's waiting for his wife in the grocery store.

hahahaahah i am guilty of this infront of my store sometimes. damn ppl keep on jacking my spot. cant drive around with supplies waiting for a spot, so on come the hazards. lol

iblizzard
04-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
I'm going to have to agree with Lexxan on this one. If you're going 100 in the left lane of Deerfoot, you're going to get a good view of some headlights in the rear view, and deservedly so. Try pulling that shit from Airdrie to Calgary at 7AM and see how courteous drivers are about it...

Deerfoot is a highway... so that's understandable..
But I find it highly annoying when people get mad at me for driving 70 down the left hand lane on john laurie, or 80 down the left hand lane of crowchild..

But it's all courtesy. Even if I am driving the speed limit in the left hand lane, I will still move over if it's safe to do so and someone is coming up behind me. But I am not obligated to.

I think having continual testing of drivers is a fantastic idea. Just to freshen up on the rules of the road. And once you hit a certain age, you need to be tested (vision, skills, whatever) annually to be able to drive.

Not saying that my mom is a bad driver, but she got her license about 30 years ago in Montreal. She hasn't been tested since, she hasn't had any instruction since. She is legally allowed to drive in Calgary. A lot has changed in 30 years, and I can guarantee that after 30 years, you forget some of the basics.

S3rious~
04-11-2006, 12:22 AM
the people that stop in the middle of the road looking for a parking spot in chinatown...
the DumbASS people that hit the brakes in the middle of nowhere to switch lanes to go all the way down to like dontown on memorial...
and the people that like to stop at a merge... it isnt a stop sign
I love driving and usually calm but when im driving speed limit and some one in front is driving like 20-30 under limit on center street there a problems thats how i got one of my tickets
some old a bitch was driving like 30 up center i pass her and speed and get caught it should be them getting pulled over for driving to slow
thats all...

khtm
04-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Funny you should mention that...

My friend's dad stopped for a jaywalker once, a car thought he was turning (didn't see the person walking), went around him to the right and hit the jaywalker and killed her.

Whoever thinks they're being NICE by stopping for jaywalkers can learn from this. :thumbsup:

snatch
04-11-2006, 08:21 AM
I think people should not be able top get their liscense until they are at least 18. And must have been training for at least 2 years to get their liscense. There are a lot of immature people have have no respect for the road and tons of people who don't have the capacity to drive. Getting your liscense is a bit to esay IMO!
:goflames:

topmade
04-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by khtm

Funny you should mention that...

My friend's dad stopped for a jaywalker once, a car thought he was turning (didn't see the person walking), went around him to the right and hit the jaywalker and killed her.

Whoever thinks they're being NICE by stopping for jaywalkers can learn from this. :thumbsup:

Sad as it is, this is true. It's like all those punk kids who think they are cool with their gangster look and shit that just casually stroll through the roads and think they are made out of iron or something, so temping to run them over.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-11-2006, 11:13 PM
I hate jaywalkers... I hate it when people stand on the corner with pedestrian lights for like 5 mins... when the road is clear... then they see traffic hit the lights and cross slowly (my ex used to do this).
Hate it when people merge on a yield (36th onto 16th east) or yield at a merge...
When people merge super slowly... Going like 60 onto deerfoot from 16th... Or the whole cabby deal with the hazards... I understand in a parking lot, but on a two lane road... I don't want to go into the oncoming lane to pass you...

Wave goddamnit! I may be an ass at times... But I wait to get in, and when someone lets me... I wave!

cloud7
04-12-2006, 09:42 AM
I don't mind slow drivers as long as there is another lane ont he road so you could pass them and they are not driving on the fast lane on expressways/freeways.

Slowing down on a merge lane instead of speeding up bugs me... stopping on a merge lane is pure suicide. On the other hand people who don't let people merge and insist to get ahead of the people merging when they are actually behind them also is not right.

Letting pedestrians and vehicles go when YOU have the right of way is stupid... you are not doing them any favours... actually you are conditioning them to do things against basic rules of the road that might one day kill them.

Of course people who don't signal or signal too late bothers me as well... the issue of people who don't signal has been touched on before, so I won't get into it... people who signal too late, for example signal after they have done all their braking and then signal just before or during their turn is very annoying... because you have no idea why they are braking.... signalling should be done before braking for a turn.

What's also annoying is people who cuts me off to get into my lane when there is no cars behind me... can't they just wait that 1 second for me to pass them and then slot in behind me??? I just don't understand.

BigBadVlad
04-13-2006, 10:37 PM
yesterday some yutz crossing 162nd on foot is yapping away on his cellphone. Light turns green for the traffic opposite him and starts to move. He doesn't attempt to pick up his pace at all, I would call it a saunter. So the guy driving in front of me blips the throttle in his WS6 Trans Am enough to give the tires a brief spin and the guy walking stops in the middle of thr right hand lane and gives the ole evil eye like, "Come on, I'm in the cross walk you wouldn't dare". Trans Am driver lets another snort out of his car and the guy walking takes maybe 2 more steps and stops again to stare, still on the road and we've had green for probably 10 seconds or so now. There's enough room for the guy with TA to zip by him, closely, so he does. What an ass, pedestrian that is.
If you're crossing the road slowly or late, at least make an effort to get out of the intersection quicker. If buddy reads this he should realise, if the traffic wasn't stopped at the light and he was walking so slowly to cross the street all it takes is another yutz driving and yakking on his cellphone, he sees the green light ahead but not buddy doing his best impersonation of a sloth and bam you'd be sloth roadkill and it doesn't matter anymore who's wrong or right!:whipped:

errr that was longer than I expected... I'm tired now...

:edit: just noticed this thread was "annoying drivers" oh well how about annoying pedestrians or people?

frostyda9
04-13-2006, 11:11 PM
OK...this one is REALLY starting to piss me off. People who cross solid white lines in merge on/off lanes. Example: Shepard Rd. onto Barlow south. Just about every single day, while I am merging onto Barlow, some dickface cuts across the solid line before it becomes a doted line. Inevitably he then ends up right at my back corner by the time I get to the dotted line, and I either have to accelerate hard or jam on the brakes to get over. WTF? Is it that hard to just drive with some degree of courtesy?

Shaolin
04-13-2006, 11:27 PM
I gota add another one.. while driving southbound on Deerfoot last weekend.. (it was still light out, but I don't remember the time.. probably about 7) I'm driving and I see this Benzo (S series, early 90s, I know because my uncle has one).

Anyway.. so I slow down to about 100 to see what's going on.. the guy's yapping on his cell phone on his left hand, driving on his right hand while trying to go from the far left lane of Deerfoot onto Peigan Trail.. he couldn't keep his benzo straight with one hand while trying to shoulder check.. so he swerves into my lane twice.. I end up slowing down to about 90 so he can get his old ass over to Peigan Trail.

I wasn't beside him because I slowed down but fuck... learn how to drive..

That's the worst case of Cell phone driving I've ever seen..

SilverBoost
04-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Driving is a skill. Not everyone is good at it, and some people should never sit behind the wheel. Unfortunateley driving a car is seen as a "right" instead of a priveledge that should be only given to those people who can prove they deserve it. Unfortunately (again) the current testing standards allow pretty much any fucking moron with the ability to sit their ass behind the wheel to get their license. The easiest test you'll ever take in your life is your drivers written/road test. I'd take a test every single year if it meant just getting 10% of the idiots off the road. But my point is really that they shouldn't be there to begin with.

Germany by example has a very strict testing process, which includes lot's of classroom time, lot's of theory, lot's of road time etc etc. They have 60% less accidents than people in Norht America. Coincedence? Nope.

b_t
04-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by iblizzard

Deerfoot is a highway... so that's understandable..
But I find it highly annoying when people get mad at me for driving 70 down the left hand lane on john laurie, or 80 down the left hand lane of crowchild..

But it's all courtesy. Even if I am driving the speed limit in the left hand lane, I will still move over if it's safe to do so and someone is coming up behind me. But I am not obligated to.

SHUT UP. RESPECT THE SANCTITY OF THE FAST LANE.

80 down the left hand lane of Crowchild? For fuck's sake, who goes 80 on that road in the first place? There is nothing I hate more then having some asshat in the fast lane, driving at what they regard is a proper rate of speed for the PASSING lane, usually 10 over the speed limit (oh you badass!), and then being all belligerent and not budging even when a gigantic truck is bearing down their ass. There are traffic signs EVERYWHERE that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right" so keep in the center or right hand fuckin lane and save me the trouble of passing you.

Common decency says that rule applies everywhere. On a road like Crowchild, what the hell is there to do in the left hand lane but pass people anyway? Nothing! So why the fuck are you there if you are going 80?

GOD

DAMN

IT

</rant>

gp36912
04-14-2006, 12:12 AM
and on top of that they have the autobahn and still have less accidents then we do

Tech2
04-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Talking on cell phones and driving is :thumbsdow . That should be a big ass fine right there.

DON'T do it!

snade831
04-14-2006, 09:14 AM
^^^ so many ppl text when they are driving now too... scary! keep your eyes one the road.

shawtie
04-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by snade831
^^^ so many ppl text when they are driving now too... scary! keep your eyes one the road.

I dont know how people do that LOL I sure as hell cant!

iblizzard
04-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by b_t
80 down the left hand lane of Crowchild? For fuck's sake, who goes 80 on that road in the first place? There is nothing I hate more then having some asshat in the fast lane, driving at what they regard is a proper rate of speed for the PASSING lane, usually 10 over the speed limit (oh you badass!), and then being all belligerent and not budging even when a gigantic truck is bearing down their ass. There are traffic signs EVERYWHERE that say &quot;Slower Traffic Keep Right&quot; so keep in the center or right hand fuckin lane and save me the trouble of passing you.

Common decency says that rule applies everywhere. On a road like Crowchild, what the hell is there to do in the left hand lane but pass people anyway? Nothing! So why the fuck are you there if you are going 80?

The speed LIMIT is posted for a reason. I'm not going to go over it. Like I said, I have no obligation on a road like Crowchild to speed up or move out of the way for anyone, as long as I am doing the speed limit. I still do, but I don't have to. I often will move over to the left hand lane on Crowchild to let other traffic access the exits that I'm not taking.

And there are no signs telling slower traffic to keep right, not on Crowchild. And as far as I know (I don't drive Deerfoot much), there aren't any on Deerfoot within the city limits either. I'm not about to risk getting a speeding ticket for idiots who like to rip down crowchild at 120. I'll leave that to them.

Tech2
04-14-2006, 12:08 PM

Like I said, I have no obligation on a road like Crowchild to speed up or move out of the way for anyone, as long as I am doing the speed limit.

You have no obligation to say "thank you" or "please" or hold a door open or leave a tip either.

But if you don't everyone will think you're a dickhead, and rightly so. We learn about courtesy when we are in kindergarten, and about driving courtesy when we are in driver's ed.

Hakkola
04-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Ohhh, I have something to add. Doesn't really have anything to do with actual driving, but parking.

It happens all the fuckin time, I park in a mostly empty lot, far off to the side where there are no cars anywhere near me, I come back, lot is still mostly empty, but I'm surrounded by cars. :banghead:

Ohh, and another thing, I HATE when people park on my driveway in front of my garage door, you can park on the fuckin street, there's no traffic. When I have to leave I always have to ask them to move their car, it's a pain in the ass for both of us.

barbarian
04-14-2006, 12:15 PM
- Downtown, when there is a lot of congestion, people who proceed across the intersection when there's no room for them on the other side and then sit in the middle of the intersection blocking the cross-traffic when the light changes.

- People who hit the gas and blast in front of the mass of pedestrians on a right turn when the light turns green, nearly taking people out or smacking them with their mirrors. (pedestrians are crossing on a walk-signal). I don't mean people crossing from the opposite side, I mean people who are on the same corner the car is turning.

GTS Jeff
04-14-2006, 12:17 PM

The speed LIMIT is posted for a reason. I'm not going to go over it. Like I said, I have no obligation on a road like Crowchild to speed up or move out of the way for anyone, as long as I am doing the speed limit. I still do, but I don't have to. I often will move over to the left hand lane on Crowchild to let other traffic access the exits that I'm not taking.

And there are no signs telling slower traffic to keep right, not on Crowchild. And as far as I know (I don't drive Deerfoot much), there aren't any on Deerfoot within the city limits either. I'm not about to risk getting a speeding ticket for idiots who like to rip down crowchild at 120. I'll leave that to them. Perhaps I can convey b_t's anger in a more understandable way to you.

Yes, you are not obligated to get out anyone's lane or to stay to the right if you're going slow, but doing so is simply common courtesy. By acknowledging that other people are in a hurry while refusing to move over is a very inconsiderate act on your part. It's also common sense that going a few km/h faster than the limit to move out someone's way is not going to result in a ticket for you, nor is it unsafe to do so. That excuse does not justify your lack of consideration for your fellow drivers.

shawtie
04-14-2006, 12:20 PM
I hate when people dont pay attention to the turning lights....

happened not to long ago, some lady was just sitting in her car talking on the phone and the light turns green for us to turn and she is just sitting there so I honk and she gives me the finger, and we miss the turning light.....the next one shes still blabbing away on her phone and its time for us to turn so I honk again and she gives me the finger then we turn and she is going like 1km while turning so I fucking get pissed off start honking and yelling at her, and she gives me the finger ......I wish people would pay attention more!!

iblizzard
04-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Tech2

You have no obligation to say &quot;thank you&quot; or &quot;please&quot; or hold a door open or leave a tip either.

But if you don't everyone will think you're a dickhead, and rightly so. We learn about courtesy when we are in kindergarten, and about driving courtesy when we are in driver's ed.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Yes, you are not obligated to get out anyone's lane or to stay to the right if you're going slow, but doing so is simply common courtesy. By acknowledging that other people are in a hurry while refusing to move over is a very inconsiderate act on your part. It's also common sense that going a few km/h faster than the limit to move out someone's way is not going to result in a ticket for you, nor is it unsafe to do so. That excuse does not justify your lack of consideration for your fellow drivers.

I don't think I said that I don't move out of the way for people. I do. If there is someone coming up behind me, going faster than I am and the lane next to me is available, I will definitely move over. I don't think of myself as being a dickhead on the street. I was just saying that it's not my responsibility to get out of the way for someone breaking the law. Yes, I know.. going 10 km/hr over the limit is acceptable these days, and it's safe in most cases and all that.. but when it comes down to it, it's still breaking the law.

I didn't want to convey the idea that I'm an asshole who goes out trying to piss people off by staring at my speedometer doing EXACTLY the speed limit in the left hand lane, I don't do that at all. I just get annoyed by the people who get angry at me for doing the speed limit on roads, regardless of what lane I'm in.

Like I said, if it's safe to do so, I will move out of the way.

shawtie
04-14-2006, 01:05 PM

If the lane beside me was free, and im going the speed limit, i aint moving if they choose to go fast than me, THEY can move!

codepoet101
05-02-2006, 08:30 PM
people who drive the same speed as the people next to them on the highway, theres even signs, like damn slower traffic keep right, people who dont wave is a good one too. like i sit back so you dont have to worry about it then you pull in and slam on the breaks whats up with that.

MaDpOo
05-02-2006, 08:40 PM

slow drivers that go 20 kms below the speed limit,
people that don't signal and barge into your lane with less than 30 cms between your bumper and his then flips you off.

totally agreed and backed up i hate it too :banghead: just wanna slap them or hope that i have a crappy car and hit there car with it lol :guns:

Akagi
05-02-2006, 10:37 PM
I Really disslike how people think they can do drugs and drive.
My ohnest opinion is everybody who sais they drive better stoned.. is only because they ARE stoned while driving and there under the influence, so naturally what would normally be classified as horrible driving, seems like god given amazing driving to them.

I bet if you got in a vehicle sober and the driver was sotned you'd be scared.
I hate how people put other peoples lives at risk.

and I dont like the ricers out there. they think there cars the s** because they have a honda with a loud muffler.. they pull up to you and then zoom by going 100 over the speedlimit so you say what a cool driver... no I dont say that.

I have a loud exaust on my prelude and when I'm passing or in a higher rpm range it is quite loud. young kids pull up next to me thinking this guy has exaust so lets show him what were made of.... and then they go 200 down a 80 zone trying to catch my attention... not going to work.

I mean I had a guy wanting to race me off the line when there was traffic 30 feet infront of us.

Thats great you can speed up for 1 second faster then me... grow up people.

Its one thing to watch movies... salvate over teh thought of ripping up the roads but seriously don't do it. It just endagers other people around you, is it really worth diong something which most people dont even acknowledge when it puts others lives at risk??

Tech2
05-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Cheeky

If the lane beside me was free, and im going the speed limit, i aint moving if they choose to go fast than me, THEY can move!

If the lane beside you is free, and the signs say "Slower traffic keep right" and you don't move over, it's dangerous for everyone.

gp36912
05-03-2006, 12:17 AM
i hate it when someones driving a car accelerates at the same speed or slower then the semis that have a trailer full of crap. i mean come one... your car is capable of accelerating faster than 1 km a second. just because your driving beside someone thats a bigger slower vehicle. dosn't mean that you have to go accelerate as slow as they do.

i also hate drivers that go slower than speed limit, merges into your lane, is driving just barely faster than the guy thats beside him and dosn't merge back into the original lane until they are 20 cars past the guy he meant to pass and you have slammed on your brakes so you don't smoke him.

GTS Jeff
05-03-2006, 12:31 AM

I don't think I said that I don't move out of the way for people. I do. If there is someone coming up behind me, going faster than I am and the lane next to me is available, I will definitely move over. I don't think of myself as being a dickhead on the street. I was just saying that it's not my responsibility to get out of the way for someone breaking the law. Yes, I know.. going 10 km/hr over the limit is acceptable these days, and it's safe in most cases and all that.. but when it comes down to it, it's still breaking the law.

I didn't want to convey the idea that I'm an asshole who goes out trying to piss people off by staring at my speedometer doing EXACTLY the speed limit in the left hand lane, I don't do that at all. I just get annoyed by the people who get angry at me for doing the speed limit on roads, regardless of what lane I'm in.

Like I said, if it's safe to do so, I will move out of the way. It's a good thing you're not trying to be an asshole. I don't quite understand why people would be mad at you for driving the limit if you aren't getting in their way though. Generally people only get mad when someone else refuses to move over...

5.9 R/T
05-03-2006, 12:47 AM

Why not take a drivers ed class and see what lane the instructor recommends you drive the speed limit in on a highway or freeway, regardless of traffic. Unless you have a turn coming up that requires you to be in the left lane stay in the middle or right. You are not the police and it is not your place to hold up someone that can't follow the letter of the law.

shawtie
05-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Tech2

If the lane beside you is free, and the signs say &quot;Slower traffic keep right&quot; and you don't move over, it's dangerous for everyone.

If im out of the city on the hiway or something I always drive in the right lane, if someone is going to slow for me i'll pass them but get right back into the right lane.

but in the city on just a normal main road if im doing the max speed limit im not going to move for anyone. the exception is of course deerfoot and the alike!!

Tech2
05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Cheeky

If im out of the city on the hiway or something I always drive in the right lane, if someone is going to slow for me i'll pass them but get right back into the right lane.

but in the city on just a normal main road if im doing the max speed limit im not going to move for anyone. the exception is of course deerfoot and the alike!!

Ah, that makes perfect sense now. Slower traffic keep right is for freeways and highways, not in the city. :)

shawtie
05-03-2006, 12:07 PM
:thumbsup:

MaDpOo
05-03-2006, 04:30 PM
i hate it when someones driving a car accelerates at the same speed or slower then the semis that have a trailer full of crap. i mean come one... your car is capable of accelerating faster than 1 km a second. just because your driving beside someone thats a bigger slower vehicle. dosn't mean that you have to go accelerate as slow as they do.

i also hate drivers that go slower than speed limit, merges into your lane, is driving just barely faster than the guy thats beside him and dosn't merge back into the original lane until they are 20 cars past the guy he meant to pass and you have slammed on your brakes so you don't smoke him.

lol lets find ur car now =) :D

i hate it went ppl do it to me

but i love it when i do it to people lmao :thumbsup:

BoS_DC2
05-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell
People who don't signal before turning/changing lanes. The worst is when they are almost completely stopping to get into a place with a driveway connected to the main road, and because they don't signal you can't figure out why they're slowing down so much. Wtf?

oh shit i hate that! my dad does that :thumbsdow

djayz
05-08-2006, 04:02 AM
theres bad drivers everywhere and calgary is becoming as bad as some of the worst in canada

one thing i hate is people who dont move out of the lane when im trying to merge...theres a wide open lane next to them but they decide they would rather stay there and block me until the line dissapears off the road

another is indicating when turning when on coming

so a guy is coming straight going to turn right im waiting at the intersection to turn left and he decides he wont indicate and take a turn...then there i am sitting in the intersection waiting for this guy to go through but he turns instead...fucken use the damn indicator!

thats about it
ohh and people who drive down the wrong way on a one way street in downtown

brand new civic si came speeding down 5th ave today just about 2 hours ago...decides he will keep going even tho i high beamed and honked him..goes through an intersection the wrong way going 60km +...learn how to read signs...its easier to navigate through downtown at night cuz you dont have to pay attention to traffic just the signs!

adam c
05-08-2006, 04:24 AM
my rants...

dumb teenagers or people who think they are hot shit, pull up beside u and then give it all on the accelerator, its just like wtf are u doing..

i was merging from 16th to deerfoot south.. cars behind me and the fucker to my left wouldnt give me space to move in, i sped up so did he, i slowed down so did he... fuck i had to break so hard before almost hitting the wall.. needless to say i had to stop in a fucking merge lane

going macleod south.. i was going like 90.. which wasnt fast enough for the dumb blonde in her focus behind me.. she decided to ride my ass, pass me, then as soon as she got ahead of me, fucking cuts me off, then on top of it all slows the fuck down..

im starting to really hate driving on these streets.. grr..

nonsane
05-08-2006, 12:17 PM
I hate when i indicate i am changing lanes, and people speed up to cut me off.

I ususally just slip in anyways.

clem24
05-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet: assholes that drive with "Baby On Board" signs on their window, yet, they drive like absolute morons themselves. This one lady, in her new Mazda 6, was doing at least 100 on Crowchild just off Glenmore westbound, and then switching lanes in and out to pass people.

I mean, what is the purpose of that sign anyways?? To remind others to be courteous? Not when you're being a moron. I can even see the baby seat in the back. YEESH.

Then there's old senile fuckheads: I was going down Country Hills westbound just past Panaroma heading down the hill at the golf course towards Beddington Tr. This OLD GUY in a big assed pickup is going in and out of lanes in HEAVY traffic trying to get ahead of everyone. He was behind me to start, but ended up beside me.

As we go down the hill towards the lights, there's a line of traffic, so he doesn't signal and cuts right in front of me. I give him the the honk and a few choice words. While we're inching down the road, I look into his mirror and start shaking my head and gesturing to him he's an idiot (nothing obscene). Of course, he gives ME gestures telling ME I am an idiot and it's my fault for some reason.

So somemore inching, and then this red Z06 jumps right in front of him. I would say the Z06 was borderline cutting him off. He had enough room, no one had to slam on any brakes. Anyway, he honked the hell out of the Z06 and was really pissed that HE got cut off. We all had to stop at the light, and the Z06 guy gets out and tells him he's an idiot, and the senile fuck is like "so just because you have a Corvette you can cut me off" blah blah blah.

I just sat back and laughed, since he got a good taste of his own
medicine.

And to all the people complaining about stopped mergers: ANY of the roads (like Charleswood) that merge onto John Laurie Blvd are NOTORIOUS for that. I think that's where all the old ladies live. I think they must have a fucking stopped mergers club there and they hold regular meetings. And 95% of all stopped mergers are OLD LADIES.

This one time I was driving down JLB, this one lady was doing a stop merge in her 88-91 Corolla from Charleswood. She stopped, I passed. I look in my mirror, she starts to accelerate. I think she must've been doing one of those "full turn shoulder check" (that's one of my pet peeves - people that don't know how to use a freakin' mirror - c'mon people, you only have to glance at the spots that your mirrors don't see!!!!!!! :banghead: ).

Anyway, all the while she's doing her check, her car is veering right until it actually mounts the curb and she's half driving on the grass. Yeesh. I'd hate to be the one that buys her car.

Oh, and while I am at it, one more thing: ever hear that ad on the radio that says it's spring time again and the bikes are on the road, so please be courteous? FUCK YOU. Most guys on motorbikes drive like the biggest dicks, pulling stupid stunts and showing off how fast their bike is.

And don't even get me started on cool boys (aka ricers) that like to show off the suspension in their cars and start doing zig zags in the middle of traffic... Arrrggghhhh...

My 2 cents. Great place to vent.

gwild
05-28-2006, 07:29 PM
For me - it's people who know there is congestion - yet race down the outside (or inside) lane and cut in at that last second.

Not only is it dangerous - it just makes the congestion worse.

North Bound Macleod @ Anderson and just about anywhere on the Deerfoot here in Calgary.

Rgds...Geoff