PDA

View Full Version : working at SHAW cablesystems

jummy_d
04-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Does anybody here have experience working at Shaw? I'm not talking about call centre positions, but a professional job at their downtown offices (something that would require a university degree). How do you like it there?

Do you remember what your interview experience was like? Do they ask technical questions?

Thanks in advance!

broken_legs
04-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Dude

Half the people in the call center have university degrees

:rofl:

kaput
04-11-2006, 02:35 PM

chong_wallace
04-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs
Dude

Half the people in the call center have university degrees

:rofl:

yea as a part time job :rofl:

slick2404
04-11-2006, 10:48 PM
I have a friend working downtown doing A/R and says he's loving it, same kind of lax atmosphere as the call centre....funny how he moved up after workin in the call centre for 2yrs

Recca168
04-12-2006, 01:57 PM
The call centers a bit weird... Got people with no degrees all the way to ppl with masters... but i'm guessing arts :P

Anyway i'm working in engineering here and its pretty interesting compared to what my buddies are doing at their companies.

When I was interviewed I has no technical questions at all but I heard in the last few they've started asking some.

Lexxan
04-17-2006, 12:08 PM
that sucks for the people who got degrees.. man. Kinda like my cousin who finished 4 years of uni for accounting and makes 30k a year :/

JiggaMan
04-17-2006, 12:28 PM
I am working in the downtown office and it's great. Shaw has some of the best benefits in town and although it is a very corporate environment, they do take the time during holidays to do fun things. They aren't too cheap either, they will pay you what you deserve with plenty of opportunity to move up into other positions.

If a corporate setting is what you are looking for, I suggest Shaw.