PDA

View Full Version : Warranty problem with condo builder

GoChris
04-10-2006, 07:31 PM
So, before our year warranty was up or whatever on our condo, we gave them written notice that the lino in our bathroom had discolored.

Long story short, we finally (few months later) got someone that knew what they were doing to come out (from the carpet/lino place) to inspect it. They said it was definately bad lino basically (or from something underneath).

2 days later after not getting through to the service department at the condo office, I get a letter stating that the carpet place informed them (the condo assholes) that the stain was caused by something being spilled on it. Which is totally not true and completely opposite of what the lino inspector said.

After several days of trying, I am getting ignored by the condo service manager, he will not return or take my calls.

What are my options?

GoChris
04-10-2006, 07:32 PM
ps. I am not sure who is lying, I have not tried to contact the lino place yet after getting the letter. Either they are laying so they dont have to fix it, or the condo people are.

Iqoair
04-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Did you have a rubber mat in the bathroom? These will discolour the floor/stain it. Happened to our old bathroom.

GoChris
04-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Iqoair
Did you have a rubber mat in the bathroom? These will discolour the floor/stain it. Happened to our old bathroom.

Nope, its actually behind the door, no water gets there, yada yada. I already know its a bad batch of lino, the guy came out and said so. The problem is now are trying to tell me its my fault and won't pay for it.

Iqoair
04-11-2006, 05:57 PM
If they use too much glue it can do that too.

01RedDX
04-11-2006, 07:02 PM

GoChris
04-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Eventhough it's not your fault, it's a good excuse to lay some tile in the bathroom. It looks great, isn't expensive and will add value to your place.

true, good idea. but im selling it in like 2 weeks, not sure that would be worthwhile. :dunno:

HRD2PLZ
04-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by GoChris

true, good idea. but im selling it in like 2 weeks, not sure that would be worthwhile. :dunno:

If you can do it yourself or know someone that can do it cheap it would be worthwhile. It might not directly add dollars to the property, but certainly adds buyer appeal.