PDA

View Full Version : New car advise....

Gondi Stylez
04-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Recently I have been seriously thinking about getting a new car and I was wondering if you guys had any input....

I've been looking at:

2002+ Lexus IS300
and
2000+ Audi A4

BUT
if/when I talk to my parents about my whole idea and if hey decide to help me out a wee little bit then I might go for the new Lexus IS 250 leased....

what are some of your opinion?

I think I could get the IS300 and A4 between $20 - 23 000, both in standard but for the Lexus I am sort of set on either having yellow, white or black which or some what difficult to find.

If I were to get the new IS250 I could put between $10 - 15 000 down and lease for 48 months....

I dunno, maybe I'll just keep the Camry for one more year (free car) but I want to move out of the "import" scene and get some sport luxury and go back to having my own car again instead of taking my parents second car!

It really comes down to paying 100% cash up front or taking the lease (only if my parents agree with my madness)

hmmm.... sounds very tempting and the new Lexus' are fucking sexy :drool:

gp36912
04-11-2006, 12:36 AM
the new lexus sounds tempting but why lease it? aren't you planning to get a car you wanna keep? or are you thinking of buying out when the lease period is over. Now between all the cars i personally would get the is300 straight up or least the is250. the a4 is a beautiful car also so you do have quite a choice in front of you. you could also look at a 330I that is also getting around the same price range ish.

Gondi Stylez
04-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by gp36912
the new lexus sounds tempting but why lease it? aren't you planning to get a car you wanna keep? or are you thinking of buying out when the lease period is over. Now between all the cars i personally would get the is300 straight up or least the is250. the a4 is a beautiful car also so you do have quite a choice in front of you. you could also look at a 330I that is also getting around the same price range ish.

yeah thats true. I want a car to keep so i dont have to deal with buy out, etc. etc. but i guess after 4 years i could just get a new lexus or something?!

yea i was looking at BMW but i narrowed the list to two because I would only be SUPERLY happy with an M3 or a 6-series and that is not only out of my leauge but all my pocket... so i decided to keep two cars that i would love to own now and worry about upper end cars later in life... plus i always see bmws and hardly see the is300 so that is what also led to my kicking a 3-series off my list..... but i so :love: BMWS

gp36912
04-11-2006, 12:47 AM
me too :P, ya most people are actually buying the lexus suvs and such. but if i had the choice i would problably buy the is300 right now straight out, those things can be super powerful when done up right.

gp36912
04-11-2006, 12:52 AM
o and you don't really have to go high end bimmer to have fun with it, because it is a pretty good basis to work from, it handles really well, not as powerful as the is300 till you get to the 330s but handling is great. comfort factor the bimmer would problably win hands down but then i havn't sat in a is300 before so i can't quite compare the 2.

Gondi Stylez
04-11-2006, 07:52 PM
me too :P, ya most people are actually buying the lexus suvs and such. but if i had the choice i would problably buy the is300 right now straight out, those things can be super powerful when done up right.

yea thats true... oooo the possibilities.... :D

o and you don't really have to go high end bimmer to have fun with it, because it is a pretty good basis to work from, it handles really well, not as powerful as the is300 till you get to the 330s but handling is great. comfort factor the bimmer would problably win hands down but then i havn't sat in a is300 before so i can't quite compare the 2.

yea i know i dont have to go high end bimmer but i meant it in a "good" way... i think it would be nice to get something that at first i never really considered buying.... before i crashed my integra this summer i was planning on getting a 330 or older m3 but that didnt work out due to me getting a writeoff and my parents were generous enough to give me their camry for the year... money wise its better to take the is300 route and pay for it straight up.... plus i dont have to worry about the rwd issue which at first bothered me (driving from edmonton/calgary during the winter) cuz i could prolly just take the camry again... sweet deal!

yea i have never sat in or drivin an is300or an a4 but i have driven an audi TT and some oldder audi and those were really nice..

i guess its pretty obvious that is the car i wanna get.....

well any other choices on a car in that price range? no rsx, wrx type deals....

so far, is300, a4, 3-series bimmer.....

FiveFreshFish
04-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
I think I could get the IS300 and A4 between $20 - 23 000, both in standard but for the Lexus I am sort of set on either having yellow, white or black which or some what difficult to find.

In a year or so, you might be able to get a 2000+ S4 in the mid-$20s.

20incheyes
04-11-2006, 10:09 PM
If you're putting 15Gs down your monthly payment would be under 500 bucks over 60. The lease rate is the same, 6.9% so you could pretty much pay off a 2 year lease upfront with no interest then re-lease it or finance the remainder. If you got some money coming to you in a over the next few years, I'd get a new one. Perhaps even lease it over 48 and save and then buy it outright at the end if you like it.

Oh and you can get a new IS decently under MSRP these days.

cujo_cjc
04-11-2006, 10:24 PM
I doubt you can get a 2002 IS300 for 20000-23000 unless you get it from Ontario. And you'll have a hard time finding a manual one too.
I have been looking since Dec and have not found a decent one to get

MIWYFSHOTTER
04-11-2006, 10:38 PM
screw the lease man, if you are putting money down; put it on a house and not a friggin car that goes down in value every year. Get the IS3 since you can take it right off the bat.

Gondi Stylez
04-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
I doubt you can get a 2002 IS300 for 20000-23000 unless you get it from Ontario. And you'll have a hard time finding a manual one too.
I have been looking since Dec and have not found a decent one to get

so ive heard..... :(

Weapon_R
04-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

yea thats true... oooo the possibilities.... :D

yea i know i dont have to go high end bimmer but i meant it in a "good" way... i think it would be nice to get something that at first i never really considered buying.... before i crashed my integra this summer i was planning on getting a 330 or older m3 but that didnt work out due to me getting a writeoff and my parents were generous enough to give me their camry for the year... money wise its better to take the is300 route and pay for it straight up.... plus i dont have to worry about the rwd issue which at first bothered me (driving from edmonton/calgary during the winter) cuz i could prolly just take the camry again... sweet deal!

Don't let the RWD argument influence your choice for a car. All of the best vehicles are RWD for a reason. Most of your choices have traction control, and a good set of winter tires will get you through winter without any problems.

HyperZell
04-12-2006, 11:18 AM
You'd better get that Lexus man...at this point it doesnt't even matter which one, just as long as I get to ride in it!