PDA

View Full Version : where - all you can eat sashimi & sushi

wing__c
04-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Looking for an all you can eat sushi place in calgary with unlimited sashimi and some cooked foods like oyster motoyaki. hopefully a place that doesn’t lay on the rice for their sushi.

HybridTheory
04-11-2006, 01:24 AM
For all you can eat I usually go to Sushi Ichiban on Macleod but I'm not sure if it's unlimited on the Sashimi.

liquidboi69
04-11-2006, 01:28 AM
I don't think there's unlimited Sashimi anywehre in Calgary. Sushi Ichiban, Sushi Tokyo, and the one near SAIT do not have unlimited Sashimi. They do however have unlimtited Sushi.

gp36912
04-11-2006, 01:33 AM
there is a buffet place with unlimited sashimi if you can get your hands on it, though it does take them awhile to get it out :D

sputnik
04-11-2006, 06:57 AM
I have never been a fan of any all-you-can-eat sushi places. I find it pretty terrible wherever I have been.

Also, for $20 for a lot of bad sushi, I would rather pay $30 for more good sushi than I possibly can eat.

rith
04-11-2006, 08:21 AM
When I went to Calgary I found Ginza at Chinook was pretty good for all you can eat. And me and my girlfriend are picky when it comes to Japanese food.

GTS Jeff
04-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by rith
When I went to Calgary I found Ginza at Chinook was pretty good for all you can eat. And me and my girlfriend are picky when it comes to Japanese food. You're from Edmonton, land of the shitty sushi, so I highly doubt that.

All you can eat sushi in Calgary is ass. Go to Richmond for $10 all you can eat. ;)

WWJAI
04-11-2006, 09:47 AM
If you'd like some unlimited sashimi and don't care about having sushi, the Yantze restuarant in deerfoot mall has a buffet with unlimited sashimi and like two kinds of sushi. The rest is just chinese western style food.

rith
04-11-2006, 10:20 AM
:rolleyes: Anyways, When I went to Ginza the fish was fresh and yellow tail and red tuna was very cheap. Me and the girlfriend ate about $30 worth of that fish alone.
And there are good places to eat sushi in Edmonton.

Anyways, this isn't BC so I don't plan on driving to Richmond.

kthxnoob

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You're from Edmonton, land of the shitty sushi, so I highly doubt that.

All you can eat sushi in Calgary is ass. Go to Richmond for $10 all you can eat. ;)

Speed_69
04-11-2006, 10:49 AM
ginza :thumbsdow

2000_SI
04-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I think Palatal (sp?) on Macleod jsut south of Chinook has an 120 item sushi/sashimi buffet, thought thats just what I got by reading thier reader-board... but you can always check them out :thumbsup:

sputnik
04-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 2000_SI
I think Palatal (sp?) on Macleod jsut south of Chinook has an 120 item sushi/sashimi buffet, thought thats just what I got by reading thier reader-board... but you can always check them out :thumbsup:

Palatal does not do sushi/sashimi.

They do Mongolian Grill and Yakiniku BBQ cooking.

szw
04-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
I have never been a fan of any all-you-can-eat sushi places. I find it pretty terrible wherever I have been.

Also, for $20 for a lot of bad sushi, I would rather pay $30 for more good sushi than I possibly can eat.

:werd:

Even $20 of sushi off the menu is usually enough to fill me up.

2000_SI
04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Palatal does not do sushi/sashimi.

They do Mongolian Grill and Yakiniku BBQ cooking.

I know thats what they normally serve, but they have a sign out front that says they are introducing a 120 item sushi-type byffet on fridays and saturdays, or something like that...

GTS Jeff
04-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by rith
:rolleyes: Anyways, When I went to Ginza the fish was fresh and yellow tail and red tuna was very cheap. Me and the girlfriend ate about $30 worth of that fish alone.
And there are good places to eat sushi in Edmonton.

Anyways, this isn't BC so I don't plan on driving to Richmond.

kthxnoob

:rofl: You're calling me n00b when you quote people on the bottom of your posts?

And NO there aren't any good sushi places in Edmonton. I'd say the best places that I've been to here are Mikado and Furosato...and maybe Eastbound for somewhat cheap sushi on Sunday nights - but they all totally suck in comparison to Calgary sushi - which totally sucks in comparison to Vancouver sushi.

The only really good food in Edmonton that no one else has is Sawmill prime rib.

sputnik
04-11-2006, 12:19 PM
The only really good food in Edmonton that no one else has is Sawmill prime rib.

Sawmill steak sauce.... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

wing__c
04-11-2006, 12:36 PM
I am from vancouver and all the ayce places have unlimited sashimi at dinner time. But it’s true some of the ayce palaces do suck and they pack it full of rice on their sushi. If anyone ever goes to Vancouver they should hit Top Gun Sushi in New Westminster for $22.99 on weekends and $20.00 on week days they have a huge variety of food (like wild sockeye salmon sashimi, kaki pon(raw oysters) oyster motoyaki, unagi rolls) and a lot more stuff. I’m headed to Calgary Easter long so I hoping to find a place like this in Calgary (haven’t been there before) ive read all these post and it seems like all the ayce places are the same so I might go to Sushi Ichiban on Macleod unless someone else can tells me theree is a better placewith a big menue.

Vagabond142
04-11-2006, 05:52 PM
For all you can eat, the place in Chinook was decent, Sushi Ichiban didn't blow my socks off either. I like sushi boat in NW Calgary, they do it by the plate (color of the plate) and after $15-$20 you're stuffed anyways :D

wing__c
04-12-2006, 01:28 PM
whats the place called at Chinook and its a ayce

rith
04-12-2006, 04:04 PM
The place in Chinook is called "Ginza"

wing__c
04-13-2006, 01:55 AM
So witch restaurant should I go (who has the bigger menu) Sushi Ichiban on Macleod or Ginza at Chinook

GTS Jeff
04-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by wing__c
So witch restaurant should I go (who has the bigger menu) Sushi Ichiban on Macleod or Ginza at Chinook E bay on Granville...

clem24
04-13-2006, 11:15 AM
E bay on Granville...

Um, that's Ebei (pronounced eh-behh), and it's on Granville and 41st I think. I haven't been there in ages, but everytime I go to Van, I try to hit them up. They have absolutely the freshest sashimi and sushi for an all you can eat place. The only downside is that they are very very very very very very busy on every night of the freakin' week, so orders sometimes take a while, and they have a tendency to drop orders.

But I can't think of any other place that offers mirugai sushi for $20 all you eat!!!! :drool:

BTW, I don't think Edmonton is bad at all - Kyoto on 109th and Jasper is really good. Go at lunch, and you can order their Assorted Sashimi plate for $15. That's about 20+ pieces of sashimi.

I also agree with the general concensus: all you can eat in Calgary sucks. You might as well pay $30 to eat GOOD sushi vs. $20+ for stuff that'll make you hurl. Zipang and Sushi Bar Miki all the way!!!

GTS Jeff
04-13-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by clem24

Um, that's Ebei (pronounced eh-behh), o rly???

DowntownCowboy
04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by wing__c
I am from vancouver and all the ayce places have unlimited sashimi at dinner time. But it’s true some of the ayce palaces do suck and they pack it full of rice on their sushi. If anyone ever goes to Vancouver they should hit Top Gun Sushi in New Westminster for $22.99 on weekends and $20.00 on week days they have a huge variety of food (like wild sockeye salmon sashimi, kaki pon(raw oysters) oyster motoyaki, unagi rolls) and a lot more stuff. I’m headed to Calgary Easter long so I hoping to find a place like this in Calgary (haven’t been there before) ive read all these post and it seems like all the ayce places are the same so I might go to Sushi Ichiban on Macleod unless someone else can tells me theree is a better placewith a big menue.

This is not true, most AYCE's in Vancouver do not give you unlimited sashimi. Unlimited nigiri, yes.

As for Calgary AYCE places, its not really worth it. I've tried Sushi Ichiban (one of the worst I've been to) and Sushi Tokyo downtown (very limited menu).