PDA

View Full Version : FS: OCZ Platinum XTC 2GB Dual Channel Kit

brad_mor
04-11-2006, 01:30 AM
I bought this kit yesterday and it is not playing nice with my Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard.

OCZ Dual Channel PLATINUM Edition XTC
PC-3200 EL 2GB (2x1024MB) DDR 400MHz
OCZP4002GK
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_el_ddr_pc_3200_2x1024mb_dual_channel_platinum_xtc

I have tested the ram in my AMD2800XP system on a DFI-Infinity NF2 Ultra Dual Channel mobo and it works exactly like its supposed to.

For some unknown reason to me however, it will not work properly in my Asus A8N-SLI. There is a known compatiblity issue with the memory and my mobo, which i did not find out until after i purchased them.

I would love to just return them to the place i bought them from, but it was Dangeo.com. They have a retarded return policy where I will have to pay a 25% restocking fee, so I say screw that.

The memory has a lifetime warranty through OCZ and I will give the buyer my reciept and of course i still have the packaging too. This ram has not been abused (because i cant even run it stable on clock settings, how the hell could i OC?!?!)

This 2GB kit should be an overclocker's dream. It has capabilities to run super low timings (2-3-2-5) and has over-volt protection up to 3.0V (means you can pump 3 volts into these without voiding warranty)

I payed $267 + gst yesterday (about $290).

I'm looking to get $260 FIRM

If you're looking for a highly rated overclocking 2GB dual-channel kit then save some cash and buy these.

dsmturbo
04-11-2006, 09:04 AM
I have an A8N-SLI as well, can you tell me what the compatibility problem is? I was going to try some OCZ in this one

4DoorGTZ
04-11-2006, 09:26 AM
I've got this same ram, great for OC'ing. paid $300+tax at memory express couple months ago.

If there was anything to gain by going 2gb-->4gb I'd buy these, or if I was building another system. I've seen these run 270mhz @3v

free bump 4 u

brad_mor
04-11-2006, 06:38 PM
sold!

close thread please