PDA

View Full Version : How to eat sushi.

01RedDX
04-11-2006, 10:17 PM

QuasarCav
04-11-2006, 10:22 PM
:rofl: :confused:

Did you see the firetruck and Supra sushi?

I'm never going into a Sushi Restaurant for fear that I would open the curtain at the wrong angle.

Nissanaddict
04-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Lol. That's freaking crazy. I wanna try that firetruck.

darkbanana
04-11-2006, 10:43 PM
:rofl:

"the soy may not be salty enough for eveyone's taste"

SuPhistiKatEd
04-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I'm never going into a Sushi Restaurant for fear that I would open the curtain at the wrong angle.

Or not tilt my head at a 45 Degree angle.

00CivicSi
04-11-2006, 10:56 PM
funny stuff :rofl: :rofl: :english:

Orbie
04-11-2006, 10:58 PM
That was pretty funny. The part about what you have to say when pouring and getting your drink poured was great, same thing with wearing the serving plates on your feet. It would be funny to see someone actually try that in an authentic Sushi place.

b_t
04-11-2006, 11:13 PM
man I can't tell if this is serious or not

GQBalla
04-12-2006, 01:02 AM
repost..:repost: :repost:

01RedDX
04-12-2006, 08:55 AM

sputnik
04-12-2006, 10:27 AM
I dont think it is a repost. Cant find it ANYWHERE. I wouldnt trust repost claims unless a link is actually posted.

That was a damn funny video. I look forward to watching people poor their beer while saying "Ma Ma Ma Ma" and "O To To To".

I like all of the mysteries, and how Toro is for peasants.

joyridder
04-13-2006, 08:55 AM
I could not watch the whole thing, but funny concept!

dino_martini
04-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Havent ever tried sushi..where should I try it?

CKY
04-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by b_t
man I can't tell if this is serious or not

It's not, any of that weird, messed up (the toro thing is a lie too), unsanitizing is fake. And that goes for the soy sauce dipping and angles too for you that are gullible.

Xaroxantu Zero
04-14-2006, 11:30 AM
I have a craving for sushi, all of a sudden.

Zenshi
04-14-2006, 11:41 AM
that is a L O T of soy sauce...
Good sushi doesnt require much soy sauce ... they taste teh best with very little to none.

And sushi is quite expensive in japan, not everyone can afford eating it everyday.

dennisaur
04-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

:rofl: :rofl: cant forget the nissan fairlady z sushi too

liquidboi69
04-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Xaroxantu Zero
I have a craving for sushi, all of a sudden.
Mmmmm sushi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=01hR3uGqR7I&search=moving%20sushi

01RedDX
04-14-2006, 08:48 PM

euro.roma
05-21-2006, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

Mmmmm sushi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=01hR3uGqR7I&search=moving%20sushi

ummm waiter....... my food is leaving the table........

glennc
05-21-2006, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
Havent ever tried sushi..where should I try it?

Sushi tokyo is one of the best "lower cost" places in the city. The best sushi I have had is at honjin sushi in vancouver.

Since your a sushi-begginer try out a few differnt rolls to start, going right into raw squid and tuna might turn you off, but hell, i started with cucumber sushi and Ill eat anything off the menu now.

Here are some types of sushi to maybe right down and ask for that are great for begginers.

Takka makki - Cucumber roll
Tekka makki - Raw tuna roll, this should be the first raw fish you try it is very mild, deilicous and easy to eat.
California roll - cooked crab with avacados and seseme seeds, this is an inverted roll which means the rice is outside, more difficult to use chop sticks on.
Ebi - this IS saltwater eel. It is cooked, tastes like chicken almost but has a sweet salty aftertaste. Freshwater eel is a whole nother game.

Video was bogus.

The proper tradition with sushi is not comprised of how you open the curtain or anything similar.

For starters, the stuff they said "we dont know what this is" is ginger. Japanese tradition says to eat a peice of ginger after every peice of sushi to clean the palate so the next peice of sushi is equally as enjoyable.

The way he ate the sushi was wrong from japanese culture as well. The proper way is to pick it up with chop sticks from the side. For you you amateaurs that means no stabbing, no forks, no fingers.

Soy sauce is meant to be a mild enhancer. Pouring the soy sauce before your meal arrives shows impatience and disrespect. The proper way to do so is to pour a shallow layer in your dish, and gently dunk your sushi in. Using too much soy sauce is considered an insult to the sushi-maker.

And for anyone who hasn't tried sushi, firetruck sushi is great.