PDA

View Full Version : How does a Compustar 2wfm8000 rate?

300mess
04-12-2006, 05:21 AM
Hi - I've been broken into and/or had my car vandalized 3 times in the last year alone.... the first time it happened, the losers keyed only half my car; so I went and paid the 60% (literally - I didn't just take it upon myself to key the other half of the car so that I could claim the whole thing on my insurance) that ICBC didn't cover to have my entire car repainted (although, it really didn't need to be painted in the first place but I figured I'd have a better chance having the whole thing done without incident than hoping for the best by just having the effected parts, that insurance covered, painted by themselves. The paint job was a phenomenal success... until about a month later when the S.O.B's re-keyed my car again (and to add insult to injury: in the exact same way/position that the first key job was done.... like I'd never gotten the car painted in the first place!!!)

Needless to say, everytime my car has been vandalized (it's never really been broken into or had anything stolen, I think this is because of the flashing red light that indicates to any would be thieves that my car is equipped with an alarm/antitheft system) it has been parked in my buildings so-called "secured" underground parking garage... And as you can probably imagine, I'm a bit hesitant to park down there anymore, but parking it on the street (where it's exposed to the elements and other less than experienced or otherwise concientous drivers/parkers) is literally killing me (I am the car's original owner and it's only ever been used for pleasure use - and not as my regular transportation - so I can honestly say that my car is in A-M-A-Z-I-N-G condition despite all the crap it's been through)....

Which brings me to my point:

I was considering having a Compustar 2wfm8000 2 way alarm installed in my car? As far as 2 way alarms go how does this one rate? I really only need an alarm that comes with the 2 way feature with some decent range and subsequent auto body sensors (so that I can be alerted when anyone dares to do anything past looking or glancing at my car while it's parked in our garage)... as far as the remote start is concerned, I can't imagine ever using that particular feature myself (I don't drive my car in the winter and until 2006 I can count on one hand how many times I've had it parked in direct sunlight for an extended period of time) and my car is already equipped with a top of the line passive immobilizer and gps locator.

I work in the auto industry here in BC and through my own network of connections I can get the Compustar mentioned for about half the retail price (including installation) but as far as how this particular model rates, or any others for that matter - I'm clueless?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Strugari
04-12-2006, 10:16 AM
I have sold lots of the 2WFM8000 with awesome range and no problems.:thumbsup: