PDA

View Full Version : -- Shelby towing -- Stay away

topmade
04-12-2006, 06:35 AM
-- Shelby towing -- Stay away

Ok, I guess it's my turn to bash a local mechanic/tow truck guy.

We first got in touch Shelby Towing from the phone book and they guy was pretty good, towed our van and replaced the fuel pump that caused it to die and returned our van within a couple of days, great service and good guy to deal with.

I then used him a couple more times and the last time was when I blew my motor with a turbo and had him tow it for me. We got talking and I would say we started to become friends. I then went out and bought a smaller used T28 turbo ($150) and he offered that he could get it rebuilt for me for cheap. I gave him the turbo and that's the last time I saw it. This is dating back to Oct of last year?? I've called him numerous times and left tons of vm's. I also went to his place many times and stopped doing that because he was never there. The odd time I would get a hold of the guy or he would call me back and give a BS excuse on how busy he's been and stuff. I don't say anything and try to be nice as it seems like he's doing me a favour. He moved during this time and of course used this as another BS excuse and I again don't really mention anything. He did give me his location as every time he calls it seems like we're best friends or something, but I really don't want to waste anymore time with him and have already bought another turbo. The last VM I left the guy was a couple of weeks ago, pretty much telling him that he's wasting my time and he has a property of mine that belongs to me and again no reply back.

I think I've given him plenty of time but it's wasting my time more than anything. I don't know what is wrong with these kind of people. Stay away from this guy

handsomebassman
04-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Well, if you really need another T28 for cheap, i got one you can have for around $100. I bought it off some guy who works for Shelby towing. Its in alright shape, bought about Oct of last year.

topmade
04-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Are you serious??

I swear I'll kill the guy if that is my turbo he sold you.

This is the description of the turbo I bought

"Skyline GT-R T28 turbo only. It has a little shaft play and a few scratches on the compressor inlet. A/R 42 exhaust 48"

And what part of the city are you in, I might want to see this if it seems to be the same one.

handsomebassman
04-12-2006, 07:41 AM
lol, now i feel bad. Sorry pal, i was just makin humour on the situation. I didnt get a T28 from any shelby guy.

But thats a pretty shitty situation. Maybe you should take alot more action in regards to confronting him. Bring 3 big friends and be stern with the guy as to where the hell your t28 is. Because its april of 2006, and for the past 7 months you have no idea where a piece of your property is located. I say get busy!

topmade
04-12-2006, 07:50 AM
:nut: haha, no harm taken, I start work at 4:30am and I have a bad habbit of sleeping too late. Im still between sleep / awake right now, never minding the actual work part of it.

Yeah I was planning on doing that, but the thing only costed me $150, and I would rather spread the word so that everyone knows and make them loose business, other than to get physical with these people that are not worth the time of day.

Although giving a good beating would make me feel a whole lot better, I've a got a wife and kids that are more important to me. It's just the principle of this that makes me so mad.

Now back to my King Kong Movie, ahh nothing like watching a movie on the job.

01RedDX
04-13-2006, 10:20 AM