PDA

View Full Version : What could have done this?

twilkes
04-12-2006, 08:33 AM
O.K so the car i bought is white... doesn't have the best paint job but i only need the car for another year or so. When i got the car there was a couple little yellow spots. no big deal i wasn't too concerned. then a couple months later there are big yellow circles with what looks like to be drips running down from the circle spots ( i don't know if that made any sense) would this be from a carwash? I went through the touchless one a couple times? if not does anyone know, cuz i sure don't... would i be able to just get them buffed out or would i have to get a paint job?

5hift
04-12-2006, 08:42 AM
It sounds like your car just got a shitty white paint job on top of its original yellow one.

gofastmerc
04-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a chip that is rusting and staining the paint. Polish will remove the stain.

twilkes
04-12-2006, 03:26 PM
sweet i hope thats it. i will do it up this weekend and see what happens. thanks

vtec4life
04-12-2006, 05:49 PM
i guarantee you it is tree sap, u probably washed it with something that made it start to come off, then it dried and made stains on your car, i dont kno if u can do anything about it but i would buy some hardcore degreaser and and spray it on the car when its wet, wait a few minutes and wash it off with soap then spray it ...that should take most if it off...ive seen that a million times i used to detail cars, if it doesnt u probly have to do a good polsh

twilkes
04-13-2006, 07:24 AM
wow I never would have thought of that. I will give it a try this weekend.

Thanks

Chris88CL
05-05-2006, 10:47 AM
If its sap, use gas line antifreeze to remove it. Wont harm the paint but is by far the easiest thing to remove sap.

Jed Bouscal
05-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Gas line antifreeze AKA methyl hydrate will indeed remove some of the clear coat. If you're gentle, it shouldn't be severe, but will require some polishing to restore the gloss.

I use steam to remove sap. It is the safest and most effective way - unfortunately most people don't have access to a steam-machine.

vtec4life
05-14-2006, 02:08 AM
methyl hydrate is exactly what i used when detailing to remove tree sap from cars...and it is really easy to use...just rub lightly you dont have to use a lot of force...and just get the excess off asap

GTS Jeff
05-14-2006, 02:32 AM
How about clay bar and WD40? WD stands for Tree Sap Remover..