PDA

View Full Version : Satellite: Starchoice VS Bell....Which one is better?

Dren
04-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Which one to get. at house. if needed to get 3 tvs in the house.

thanks

Xtrema
04-12-2006, 09:32 AM
DirectTV?

If you go legit, Bell has better more promotional mutli-room packages that highly reduce cost of hardware. Channel line is pretty much the same for all Canadian TV.

dericer
04-12-2006, 11:37 AM
There is no comparison.

Bell is waaaaaay better

Star choice is just shaw cable.

Dren
04-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by dericer
There is no comparison.

Bell is waaaaaay better

Star choice is just shaw cable.

really.? i thought that star choice had more channels. and that
. they say that they give HD at no charge...Bell like charges like 10 bucks i think..just to get channels in HD.....

rage2
04-12-2006, 12:27 PM
If you're going HD, Bell 9200 PVR is the way to go. Winner hands down in the cdn market.

modded46
04-12-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm not one to support any previously government owned companies but honestly Bell is much better at least for HD programming and equipment. +1 for Expressvue

HyperZell
04-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Dren

really.? i thought that star choice had more channels. and that
. they say that they give HD at no charge...Bell like charges like 10 bucks i think..just to get channels in HD.....

There's a difference between not charging and including it in your bill anyways - don't get fooled by your first impression.

If you are thinking about HD (and you probably should) then it's Bell. They have more HD channels period. Plus, they have very good specials on all the time...I think it might be free rental for a year now, or free basic HD - something like that. I would cast my vote for Bell, as I'm sure most people are going to.

djayz
04-12-2006, 01:55 PM
+1 for bell
i used to have just the basic bell dish which i cancelled last year but was great for the time i had it.

dericer
04-12-2006, 03:55 PM
I should also mention that my who has starchoice has had nothing but problems with the receiver. It broke day one and they wouldn't replace it. They sent it away to be fixed (took 2 weeks) and they wouldn't give him a replacement.

Then it had troubles w/ Flames PPV. They said they were going to send it away again. Buddy said fuck it and just doesn't watch PPV anything now.

Black_ZX2
04-12-2006, 04:07 PM
I had Starchoice about 5 years ago and I hated it. I always had to call in for techinical support and being on hold for 2 hours before someone picked-up wasn't uncommon. I use Bell now and I'm very happy.

TurboMedic
04-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Bell all the way, they have the most HD channels, great pricing, and its a fantastic service!

Alex_FORD
04-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
Bell all the way, they have the most HD channels, great pricing, and its a fantastic service!

I don't know if it is any better these day, but Starchoice had some pretty shitting descriptions in their guide......Star Wars would be "Farm boy finds robot and goes on an adventure". :rofl:

googe
04-12-2006, 10:08 PM
bell's over compression looks like poo.

Dren
04-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by googe
bell's over compression looks like poo.

on HD ya..my friend said that its not the best. Starchoice i think is headquarters out of calgary i think as well..

googe
04-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Dren

on HD ya..my friend said that its not the best. Starchoice i think is headquarters out of calgary i think as well..

on SD is even worse. some channels look like an mpeg downloaded off the internet. though, people tell me im just picky :) its one of those things you dont really notice right away, but then you do and from that point on its really annoying. but, thats part of the reason why they have so many more channels.

Dren
05-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by djayz
+1 for bell
i used to have just the basic bell dish which i cancelled last year but was great for the time i had it.

Bell has more HD channels, with deals if u get there cell ph one service as well