PDA

View Full Version : New SUV help

awd
04-12-2006, 11:21 AM
I am SUV shopping atm.

Main two interests are:

- 2006 Nissan XTERRA S / Off Road
- 2006 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Both of which ring in at around ~40K w/ tax.

Any other options?

If anyone has any other suggestions or first hand experience with the Nissan or Toyota feel free to speak up.

Thanks.

leec001
04-12-2006, 12:00 PM
I would pick Toyota FJ cruiser. Since my co-worker has really bad experience with Sunridge Nissan and Nissan Canada when his 2004 Nissan Pathfinder needs a new engine (only 12000km).

Go down to High River Toyota and talk to Jamil, he will give you a good deal.

HRD2PLZ
04-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Based on the Toyota's we have had I would definitely buy a Toyota before a Nissan. That being said, I have a friend who just purchased a 2006 Xterra Off Road and loves it.

blitz
04-12-2006, 01:39 PM
If you live in "Oilfield" they'll laugh you off the lease in the Toyota.

That being said, I went and checked out the FJ and I want one. Styling looks better in person, and the interior is great (minus the inclanometer/compass gauge pod which is cheesy). Rear seat room is pretty good and the cargo space is really good. I like the hose clean interior too. Didn't test drive one, but when the time comes I'll think about replacing my truck with one.

awd
04-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by blitz
If you live in "Oilfield" they'll laugh you off the lease in the Toyota.

Well, my work truck is a 2006 Ford 550 so I think I am OK.

That being said, I went and checked out the FJ and I want one. Styling looks better in person, and the interior is great (minus the inclanometer/compass gauge pod which is cheesy). Rear seat room is pretty good and the cargo space is really good. I like the hose clean interior too. Didn't test drive one, but when the time comes I'll think about replacing my truck with one.

My only beef with Toyota is the retarded financing rates.

teggypimp95
04-12-2006, 04:31 PM
The exterra super charges is an awesome suv! my bud had one and we loved it. great off road, good power from the super charger, nice comfortable interior with a great rockford factory system. Love it.

blitz
04-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by awd

Well, my work truck is a 2006 Ford 550 so I think I am OK.

My only beef with Toyota is the retarded financing rates.

7.1% right now on an FJ right? On 40k financed over 60 months, thats an extra $7,500 you pay in interest.

That's why I went with a GM. A hell of a lot cheaper right off the bat and 0.9% financing, but that doens't help if you want an SUV.

The Nissan looks decent and had good reviews, might be the more responsible choice?

awd
04-13-2006, 10:15 AM

7.1% right now on an FJ right? On 40k financed over 60 months, thats an extra $7,500 you pay in interest.

That's why I went with a GM. A hell of a lot cheaper right off the bat and 0.9% financing, but that doens't help if you want an SUV.

The Nissan looks decent and had good reviews, might be the more responsible choice?

Exactly my thought, there is no way I am giving Toyota that kind of dough in interest -- fuck them.

XTERRA will be my choice.