PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Helmet

fachie
04-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Looking to buy a new or used helmet... i dont have much cash but want somthin nice.. Arai/shoei, ect. im a size small or med in a arai. please let me know if you know of anything. thanks. :thumbsup:

eclipse00
04-12-2006, 02:47 PM
No cash but want something nice, ummmm ebay is your friend!

fachie
04-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by eclipse00
No cash but want something nice, ummmm ebay is your friend!
i dont have much cash

Clanche
04-14-2006, 11:04 AM
a helmet is one of those things you shouldn't go cheap or used on... that’s one of the stupidest things ever... helmets are only made to take one hit.. and dropping one hard enough can make the helmet obsolete without you knowing it...

and you having no cash is a lie.. Stop being so cheap and start using your head :thumbsdow

yellowsnow
04-14-2006, 11:25 AM
if you can't afford to buy a good helmet.. u shouldn't be riding in my opinion... your head is definately gonna hit the ground if you fall. won't be much use if you buy a shitty helmet that cracks open anyway

Thaco
04-14-2006, 11:42 AM
lol, look at the vehicles in your profile and tell us again that you have no cash to invest in your own safety, you wouldn't buy a replacement seatbelt for your car that is cut half way though, don't do it with a helmet.

Supa Dexta
04-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Yep, have to agree... gotta pay to play... Another solution is to not be a brand whore.. An HJC will do just fine if your low on cash.. I'd rather buy a new HJC then a used helmet that who knows whats happened to it....

Phy
04-14-2006, 08:14 PM
What they said. A used helmet is a fool's game. It's your damn head you're protecting.

I personally have no problem wearing my HJC. I think it fits me just fine - in fact it's comfortable enough I'd swear I have an HJC head. If you think an Arai fits you better and will serve you better if you bail, spend a little more time saving some money and buy it fresh out of the box. Or if time's an issue, get a lower end/less expensive bike and learn it inside and out. It's your damn head. Brand doesn't matter as long as it fits.

Cherrypicker
04-14-2006, 10:30 PM
buy a size large, and replace the inners with size medium.

wallaa!

you have a medium helmet

Clanche
04-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Cherrypicker

wallaa!

you have a medium helmet

that sounds more expensive than just buying a medium size one :dunno:

sgouki
04-16-2006, 07:00 PM
I got one for ya
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127138
NEVER USED and size L
Brand HJC
only test fitted it and it's pretty tight. My head ain't big either.

NEVER go cheap on helmets. This is your life we're talkin bout

Supa Dexta
04-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Cherrypicker

wallaa!

you have a medium helmet

Have you done this before? I've never thought about it really.. but now looking into it, liners are only $14usd and I have a helmet here that I'd like to bump up in size if it's as simple as swaping liners.. All shells are the same size? As in can you go up in size as well, or only down..

Chris101
04-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey, Ive got one for sale:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122777

BTW. I changed the email address in my old account "apples" and now I cannot get access to anything, cant even post. Thats why the name in the thread is different.