PDA

View Full Version : WTB. westjet Companion or buddy passes

desipwr
04-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Well this is the deal I will pay you 100 bucks a month if you list me as your companion traveller on your westjet employee program.

Also I would be interested in buying Buddy passes.

sputnik
04-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Its people buying buddy passes from Air Canada employees that stopped that program. Apparently an AC employee sold a buddy pass to someone at a bar, the chick who bought it got drunk at the airport and started making an ass of herself in the terminal and on the plane. The AC employee was fired and the buddy passes disappeared.

If I was a Westjet employee I wouldnt sell mine (if they even exist).

desipwr
04-12-2006, 02:48 PM
All I want is some cheap travel

joyridder
04-12-2006, 02:54 PM
^^don't we all:rolleyes:

neely
04-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by desipwr
All I want is some cheap travel

hitchhike...

B20EF
04-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Its people buying buddy passes from Air Canada employees that stopped that program. Apparently an AC employee sold a buddy pass to someone at a bar, the chick who bought it got drunk at the airport and started making an ass of herself in the terminal and on the plane. The AC employee was fired and the buddy passes disappeared.

If I was a Westjet employee I wouldnt sell mine (if they even exist).

Actually they still have them but the employee has to travel with the person they give them to, so pretty much useless

Thaco
04-12-2006, 04:42 PM
westjet still has them, and they do not have the "employee must travel with" restriction.

benyl
04-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by B20EF

Actually they still have them but the employee has to travel with the person they give them to, so pretty much useless

That was a restriction that was created after 9/11. I am on the list with a friend for Harmony Airlines... pretty useless in Calgary... haha

ecstasy_civic
04-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by benyl

That was a restriction that was created after 9/11. I am on the list with a friend for Harmony Airlines... pretty useless in Calgary... haha

How is that useless in Calgary?
They are just adding daily vancouver flights!

I dont think youll have any luck, especially for $100/month:)

benyl
04-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Yeah, that is a recent addition that still won't happen for two weeks. They also have the travel with restriction and my friend lives and is based out of Van. She would have to fly over, pick me up, and then fly back and drop me off. haha, not worth it as you have to pay taxes each way.

But Hawaii is getting more and more attractive.

B20EF
04-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Yah it's cause the tourism industry almost went broke after 9/11, I flew my buddy to Australia for free then they changed it and he had to pay to come home :thumbsdow