PDA

View Full Version : Do race city drag rules apply to track day?

Redlyne_mr2
03-24-2003, 10:25 PM
I see pics of you guys doing some open top racing during track days as well as people in t-shirts...are the rules of the track different during track day, is there a tech inspection as well?

rage2
03-24-2003, 10:32 PM
There is tech inspection. Top up or down is OK (depends on the organizers, we allow it obviously). Secret street follows NHRA rules, therefore they have a lot of strange regulations.

kenny
03-24-2003, 11:07 PM
NHRA rules are quite strange, they allow 12 second passes on those sled/snowmobile things where the passenger is not restrained at all but they wont allow a 13+ second pass with the top down in a convertible where the passenger is wearing a seatbelt.

Down at Mission Raceway, they allow racers to go without helmets if the pass will be 14.00 seconds or slower and that is a NHRA track too. Weird...

redline
03-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by kenny
NHRA rules are quite strange, they allow 12 second passes on those sled/snowmobile things where the passenger is not restrained at all but they wont allow a 13+ second pass with the top down in a convertible where the passenger is wearing a seatbelt.

Down at Mission Raceway, they allow racers to go without helmets if the pass will be 14.00 seconds or slower and that is a NHRA track too. Weird...

The 14.00, is the NHRA rule however race city goes beyond NHRA rules for the fri. nite drags for extra safety and gayness...

szw
03-24-2003, 11:44 PM
No t-shirts?

any other little rules to make sure you don't get held out of secretstreet?

Fuji
03-25-2003, 12:17 AM
We will have set rules in place here so you can view them in a couple of weeks. We are however a bit more leinient than SS.

Redlyne_mr2
03-25-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by szw
No t-shirts?

any other little rules to make sure you don't get held out of secretstreet?
One night at secret street while preparing to stage one of the marshals halted everything and demanded that I put a sweatshirt on...it was like 20 degrees outside, I had my heater on as well for that 1 extra hp and he actually stopped everything while i got out of my car found a sweatshirt in my front trunk took off my helmet put on my sweatshirt then put my helmet on again and got back in my car..what a joke

RiceCake
03-25-2003, 12:50 AM
They don't allow t-shirts at secret street? :dunno:

buh_buh
03-25-2003, 12:57 AM
i thought they allowed t-shirts, just not shorts.

boi-alien
03-25-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
i thought they allowed t-shirts, just not shorts. i thought tshirts were ok too, just not sleeveless

James
03-25-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

One night at secret street while preparing to stage one of the marshals halted everything and demanded that I put a sweatshirt on...it was like 20 degrees outside, I had my heater on as well for that 1 extra hp and he actually stopped everything while i got out of my car found a sweatshirt in my front trunk took off my helmet put on my sweatshirt then put my helmet on again and got back in my car..what a joke

was that a couple years ago?in thew MR2? what times did you run?
..last year im PRETTY SURE i only wore a t-shirt when i went:dunno:

Hollywood
03-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by James

was that a couple years ago?in thew MR2? what times did you run?
..last year im PRETTY SURE i only wore a t-shirt when i went:dunno:

Ya I wore a t-shirt too, they seem money greedy now so t-shirt rule has been lifted I guess..:dunno:

Roaring G60
03-25-2003, 10:14 AM
As anyone he heard of Liability? It's amazing that Race City can even find a Insurance company to cover Secret Street.

w3apon
03-25-2003, 10:47 AM
Liability?
That's why you sign that little waiver saying they are not liable for any death or dismemberment... :)

Scott
03-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Roaring G60
As anyone he heard of Liability? It's amazing that Race City can even find a Insurance company to cover Secret Street.

I think the only thing race city would be liable for is damage you do to their property if you crash.

mustang
03-25-2003, 07:17 PM
They wouldnt let me race in shorts. They made me go home and get pants. I was pretty choked, but when I came back the lady just waved me through inspection so all went well.