PDA

View Full Version : WTB header for G2 Teg?

Ekliptix
07-09-2002, 10:46 PM
not "headers" for my 91 Teg. I've already got I/E.

I want to get one like this, but with a different finish:
It's had great reviews from fellow B18A owners. It's supposed increase the area under the curve, but not the peak hp much.

http://store.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/HED-37246.jpg

like this:http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=16022

I've got a price from Mopac here in Calgary for $360 but it would take 4 weeks to arrive.

Also, I was thinking of buying some ceramic high-temp paint to put on the header before installing it. Do you think that I would need to remove the black paint that comes on the header to do that? This is from the manufacturer: "The paint used on these headers is for rust prevention during shipping only--it will burn off the header shortly after installation". Is this even a good idea to help further the life of the header?

So any input, deals(DC?)?
Thanks, and I don't need to hear that you think a header will net minimal gains.

legendboy
07-09-2002, 10:57 PM
JDM ITR 4-1 p/n AHS6612

http://www.ipsracing.com/images/product_jdm_header.jpg

Ekliptix
07-09-2002, 11:01 PM
Well I don't need good flow characteristics above 6700rpm, so the JDM ITR header is no good for me.

So, I'm looking for 4-2-1 only please.

Thanks.

Weapon_R
07-10-2002, 12:40 AM
Get the 4-2-1. I've had one on my teg and i'm very happy with it. The only thing is that the paint will burn off literally the first 10 minutes you run your car, which is :bullshit:

If I were you, get some of that manifold paint, silver or whatever color you prefer, and sand the black shit off. Then paint it and install it. It looks incredible and it lasts wayyyyyyyy longer than that cheapass black paint!

Ekliptix
07-10-2002, 06:56 AM
So you have the Chikara torq-step(cuz I don't think it's available for a B18B, or you have a gsr)? what's your other mods? where did you notice power improvment? Where did you get it, and how much $$?

Thanks.

4wheeldrift
07-10-2002, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Get the 4-2-1. I've had one on my teg and i'm very happy with it. The only thing is that the paint will burn off literally the first 10 minutes you run your car, which is :bullshit:

What were you expecting? Its only getting hot exhaust right out of the combustion chamber. If anything, don't waste your time getting it painted, have it ceramic coated and be done with it.

Ekliptix
07-10-2002, 07:07 AM
I don't think it would be a waste of time painting it, cuz it should protect the header from forming rust as well as making it look better.

Getting it ceramic coated(inside/outside?) is a possability. anyone know how much $$?

legendboy
07-10-2002, 08:40 AM
DC 4-2-1 :thumbsup:

Ekliptix
07-10-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
DC 4-2-1 :thumbsup:

where can I get a good deal on one? how much?

Weapon_R
07-11-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

What were you expecting? Its only getting hot exhaust right out of the combustion chamber. If anything, don't waste your time getting it painted, have it ceramic coated and be done with it.

I was expecting the finish to last more than 10 minutes. High heat manifold paint (I used this after) lasts till now, looks fine, and doesn't burn and rust immediately. I know that black headers aren't top quality, but mine was a bargain.

Weapon_R
07-11-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
So you have the Chikara torq-step(cuz I don't think it's available for a B18B, or you have a gsr)? what's your other mods? where did you notice power improvment? Where did you get it, and how much $$?

Thanks.

I don't have a Chikara, I use a 4-2-1 Pacesetter header. The difference with the header installed was very noticable, it gives my car better gas mileage too. I got it at mopac, and it was only like $210. It's definately worth looking into, better than Chikara headers, and fit is good. The only thing is the finish, but after buying a $6 can of high heat manifold paint from CDN tire, the thing painted silver looks great in my engine bay.

Ekliptix
07-11-2002, 06:54 AM
why is the pacesetter better then the chikara? chikara is made by headman who has been making headers for 50 years.

legendboy
07-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Pacesetter if ass burgers. With anything, u get what u pay for.