PDA

View Full Version : Sean Avery's days as a King are over

SuPhistiKatEd
04-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Awww...Boo-Hoo! :cry:

I hate this guy so much...and Ruutu too. He deserves to be benched.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=162402&hubname=

Wonder who will pick him up? Thoughts?

l8braker
04-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Avery is the worst form of cancer for any club. Good for the Kings.

rage2
04-13-2006, 11:30 AM
So he gets to go home early and fuck Elisha Cuthbert. I hate him too.

jcrules99
04-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by rage2

oh man.. WHY ELISHA! WHYYYYYYYYY!

heavyD
04-13-2006, 11:34 AM
The guy's a UFA. Hockey ability-wise he's a perfect Flame (skates & plays hard) and his stock just plummeted which will make him cheap (just as Darryl likes) so you just never know. I don't like him but there will be players leaving & coming in over the offseason & he will be playing in the NHL with someone next year. Better him in a Flames uniform than the Greasers.

SuPhistiKatEd
04-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Actually, when you think about it....the Flames could use a guy like Avery. They didn't really have a "pest" this year. It was great having Nemo getting on the nerves of other players. I think this could actually work.

anarchy
04-13-2006, 11:40 AM
I disagree. It doesn't matter waht kind of talent he has, like someone said he's nothing but a cancer to the team. His actions are ridiculously unsportsmanlike and just creates a bad team atmosphere. It's similar to the T.O. situation (only with way less talent), in that no matter how good he is, he's still detrimental to the team.

Here's to him putting on an Oilers uniform! :thumbsup:

HyperZell
04-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by anarchy
I disagree. It doesn't matter waht kind of talent he has, like someone said he's nothing but a cancer to the team. His actions are ridiculously unsportsmanlike and just creates a bad team atmosphere. It's similar to the T.O. situation (only with way less talent), in that no matter how good he is, he's still detrimental to the team.

Here's to him putting on an Oilers uniform! :thumbsup:

He hasn't been like Owens in the area of who he's hurting. Owens caused his team nightmares with his selfish play - Avery causes himself nightmares with his selfish talk. Until the argument with the coach, all of his major incidents have not been against his team - for all we know, they all get along fine. If Sutter could change his attitude, and have him concentrate on bringing it to the opposition, I would not mind seeing him with the Flames.

I guess that also means we get to see Elisha Cuthbert around town...

Ajay
04-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Avery's a prick. Maybe Vancouver will pick him up and the Calgary/Vancouver rivalry will be even more heated with Avery and Iginla/Phaneuf.

Si_FlyGuy
04-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I hate the guy, but heavyD makes a good point. Besides, if anyone could handle this guy, it's Darryl.

CKY
04-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Absolutely hate this guy, I'll never approve a racist. I wouldn't mind some team from our conference picking him up though. Watching Deion smack him up every game would be a joy to watch.

Xtrema
04-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by rage2

http://barca.daa.jp/archives/ecuthberts.jpg

Damn..... I hate him too.

heavyD
04-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by CKY
Absolutely hate this guy, I'll never approve a racist.

How do you know he's a racist? Just because a Greaser said so? He wasn't disciplined by the league for it as there was no proof.

I hate people that hate on others based on one person's word against another's without proof.

A woman in Europe accused Huselius & another man of raping her. He was never convicted. Would it be fair for people to call Huselius a rapist? No. People need to learn that they just can't throw the word racist around without factual basis.

Does the sceptic in me think he said a racial slur? Yes, but at the same time maybe Laraque is a liar for all we know. There is a reason in court a person has to be proven guilty beyond reasonable boubt.

2002civic
04-13-2006, 03:33 PM
he also said that french canadian players are pussies...that being said id rather have him on our team than another aka marchment

SuPhistiKatEd
04-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Knowing Darryl, I'm 110% sure he could change Avery's attitude. Hell, maybe he'd even do it himself if he's with a team that's got potential. Time for him to get out of Hollywood....the "celebrity" thing has gone to his head.

What? Huselius accused of rape? When? He doesn't strike me as a guy who would do that, but then again, you can't judge a book by its cover.

dericer
04-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
Knowing Darryl, I'm 110% sure he could change Avery's attitude. Hell, maybe he'd even do it himself if he's with a team that's got potential. Time for him to get out of Hollywood....the "celebrity" thing has gone to his head.

What? Huselius accused of rape? When? He doesn't strike me as a guy who would do that, but then again, you can't judge a book by its cover.

Avery will end up in Toronto. It's were assholes go to die.

As for the Flames. Never happen. Flames are about locker room chemistry. Sutter was more than happy to see nemo go. (Remember the too many vowels comment?)

Bill Cosby
04-13-2006, 05:58 PM
can they pick him up before playoffs start or do they have to wait until the end of the hockey year?

mac_82
04-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd

Happened during the lockout, when he came to the Flames I think there was a couple newspaper articles about it, but they died down pretty quick. The 3 players were never found guilty, just accused.

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=965&date=20050214

Rocky
04-15-2006, 10:55 PM
cosby: they'd have to wait.

Eh, I think any player that brings media drama isn't worth having on your team. Bertuzzi is a good example. It distracts from the hockey, even if the players and/or the fans try to ignore it. I would definitely disapprove of seeing Avery on the Flames. He needs at least one clean season of hardwork *without* the bs before I'd call him a welcome addition.

Kirbs17
04-16-2006, 12:47 AM
meh, hes a POS, and lucky to be tapin elisha