PDA

View Full Version : TRD Solara question

Aleks
04-13-2006, 01:20 PM
2002 V6 TRD Solara. Anyone know anything about these cars? The supercharged ones in particular. Any owners on here?

TIA

GTS Jeff
04-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Just a 2 door Camry with a SC kit, bodykit, and some sport/street springs and shocks. IMO, not worth it. The car is slow, heavy, bulky, soft, and all in all a pretty terrible performing car.

My parents used to have one a few years back and I drove it a lot when I lived at home. Even with the stock 200ish HP, the car wasn't fast at all, so I couldn't see a SC making a huge difference. The car handled like ass too; I think the weight of it made it plow through every single corner and also made it very unresponsive to steering inputs. To give you an idea of how bad it was, when I felt like it, I could make the car understeer through every single corner I took while driving around town. No springs and shocks can compensate for that kind of crap.

The kit does look nice though.

Altezza
04-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Not my cup of tea, but:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0102scc_solara/

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=39&article_id=3266

Aleks
04-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Saw those links.

Thanks guys. I'm having a hell of a time deciding on a new car. I am thinking no matter what i get i will be bored in 6 months. :(

Altezza
04-13-2006, 03:51 PM
The Solara was a vehicle developed and marketed towards empty nesters who wanted a "sporty" coupe or convertible. I doubt it would satisfy your needs.

A790
04-13-2006, 06:17 PM
I agree with Altezza.

This kind of car is a lot different then what you are probably looking for.

euro_racer
04-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Aleks go for a s/c g35 :D

orrr integra ls-T again :bigpimp:

btw, nice seeing you again today bro. im guessing you ended up taking a look at the Solara afterwards?

Fosgate R
04-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I like them, they are pretty quick dispite what the first poster says, and they do look damn good with the drop, wheels, and lip kit....and if you get one that has the supercharger on it, I thought that was a damn quick car.

jdmakkord
04-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Fosgate R
I like them, they are pretty quick dispite what the first poster says, and they do look damn good with the drop, wheels, and lip kit....and if you get one that has the supercharger on it, I thought that was a damn quick car.

Quick compared to a cavalier maybe:rolleyes:

Aleks
04-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
Aleks go for a s/c g35 :D

orrr integra ls-T again :bigpimp:

btw, nice seeing you again today bro. im guessing you ended up taking a look at the Solara afterwards?

yeah I did go check it out but didn't drive it. rush hour was in full swing at the time. This is the one

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=19247936&pgno=1&srt=1

the thing is lower than my old integra out of the factory :nut: . Doesn't look like the boost can be turned up easily (safely) and the S/C support is weak due to toyota not getting anymore.

The search continues :burnout:

HiSpec
04-15-2006, 12:31 AM
go check out solaraguy.org they probably can give you more detailed insight and their driving experience.