PDA

View Full Version : Does your car ever make you cry?

Vypros
04-13-2006, 06:02 PM
I want to go get drunk off my ass tonight because of this turbo install I'm trying to perform to my s12.

The lack of parts, the lack of information and resources, the lack of help, and being a total noob to turbo installs and imports has got my confidence and esteem levels beat to the ground and stomped on. I was ready to sell it all, but I'm going to continue plugging away.

Besides club-s12.org which is virtually USELESS to me, what other resources are there??

Vypros
04-13-2006, 06:15 PM
I guess you're all way to manly to let your car overcome your emotions. I wish I was as strong as everyone else! :nut:

lol :rofl:

Vypros
lol:rofl:

gpomp
Originally posted by Vypros
what other resources are there??
friends that know what they're doing?

Vypros
04-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

friends that know what they're doing? all my friends drive/own domestics.....this is like telling a 40 year old virgin what hole to stick it in.

GTS Jeff
04-13-2006, 06:40 PM
My car has brought me the brink of insanity and back many times in the years that I've owned it. It's made me want to cry, want to sell it, and want to murder the world...

In the end, I've just sorta learnt to deal with it by dying a little inside. When my car fucks up, I turn into a walking dead man, a zombie, if you will.

EK 2.0
04-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
My car has brought me the brink of insanity and back many times in the years that I've owned it. It's made me want to cry, want to sell it, and want to murder the world...

In the end, I've just sorta learnt to deal with it by dying a little inside. When my car fucks up, I turn into a walking dead man, a zombie, if you will.

he's not lying...I have seen teh zombie first hand...haha...

Vypros
04-13-2006, 07:47 PM

In the end, I've just sorta learnt to deal with it by dying a little inside. When my car fucks up, I turn into a walking dead man, a zombie, if you will. I feel like a walking zombie right now. I'm hungry but don't have any motivation to eat....just kinda sitting here watching flames PPV hoping a jet crashes into my house or something :rofl:

mshaw
04-13-2006, 07:58 PM
sounds like u have a serious case of car depression. i get it sometimes but not as bad as you sound like u have it right now

xrayvsn
04-13-2006, 08:38 PM

Ha ha, yeah, but tossing that car into a corner must make it all worthwhile. Holy shieet can that car corner.

GTS Jeff
04-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn

Ha ha, yeah, but tossing that car into a corner must make it all worthwhile. Holy shieet can that car corner. That's the prescribed treatment, yes it is. :D

Actually I think that having a 2nd reliable daily driver could probably relieve some stress too.

ecstasy_civic
04-13-2006, 10:25 PM
That's the prescribed treatment, yes it is. :D

Actually I think that having a 2nd reliable daily driver could probably relieve some stress too.

:werd: x10

If I didnt have another car, there would be alot of tears shed in my garage over my car lol

handsomebassman
04-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Ill just say, dont ever own a jeep as your only vehicle.

b_t
04-13-2006, 10:31 PM
When I get mad at my car, I go hunting for light posts to knock over.

shakalaka
04-13-2006, 10:42 PM
O just noticed jeff is back. welcome back dude.:thumbsup:

Speed_69
04-14-2006, 12:17 AM
kinda sounds like my situation right now.

my tranny is breaking down on me and has left me in a serious financial situation. i feel like crying cause i don't have the money to fix it right now and can't find a replacement tranny(don't want to overhaul it). i'm contemplating on just selling it for cheap but that will leave me completely carless. i feel so stressed and depressed now just because of this :(

Phy
04-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Hell yes.

I've stalled a car out, to the point where I'm sure they've mentioned it on the radio, at least three times. My Probe lost her ignition coil chip a few years back. I boned driving an old manual truck at one summer job and killed the battery at the Glenmore/Mcleod intersection, near the same time. And this winter I blocked up the Deerfoot northbound around Anderson when my Nissan's frigging ECTS died. (Speaking of which, if you go to Pick-a-Part and you see a purple 200sx with an NA SR20 in 'er, give her a whack with a mallet for me.)

Vypros
04-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Phy
Hell yes.

I've stalled a car out, to the point where I'm sure they've mentioned it on the radio, at least three times. My Probe lost her ignition coil chip a few years back. I boned driving an old manual truck at one summer job and killed the battery at the Glenmore/Mcleod intersection, near the same time. And this winter I blocked up the Deerfoot northbound around Anderson when my Nissan's frigging ECTS died. (Speaking of which, if you go to Pick-a-Part and you see a purple 200sx with an NA SR20 in 'er, give her a whack with a mallet for me.) when did it go to pyp? i'd be up for taking the sr20 out of it if its in good shape :D

CrvenaZvezda
04-14-2006, 12:25 AM
My cars made me cry and go insane lol, the problem that i had was, i had 4 wheel bearing go on me in 2 months!!!:cry:

gp36912
04-14-2006, 12:27 AM
i had that problem with my car:D it may seem new but it is worn and getting old :D i had just spent over 3gs this past 2 months on control arms, and exhaust, i had spent over 300 on a hubs before install. and the shortly after the hubs i had to spend over 5gs on a tranny for my car :( i know what you mean when you saying this :D best thing to do is take your daily driver and throw it around abit, or just go out and go boxing, always works :D

Justing
04-14-2006, 12:31 AM
My car has only ever made me sad when i sold it... that was only this tuesday.
Damn that was a sad fricken, still moaping over it. She was my first car, loved that thing to death. Regret selling it like crazy now haha.
Man, so depressing to drive away from it and to wake up and not see it in the garage. :cry:

Mazstyle
04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Maybe you could post up what your problems are, I'm sure we could all help you out.

Phy
04-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Vypros
when did it go to pyp? i'd be up for taking the sr20 out of it if its in good shape :D

mid-february. I dunno what their turnaround is.

Thing is, it was a 200sx's sr20. Naturally aspirated, without even the better intake cams of the earlier 200sx series. If you did pull it out, you'd have to replace the internals with stronger stuff before you turboed it to get the best out of it. That's part of why I didn't bother selling it myself. (That and the not having a garage or back yard to part it out from. :>)

avow
04-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by b_t
When I get mad at my car, I go hunting for light posts to knock over.

owning an esi (like me) must mean you go looking for alot of light posts... god, i hate this engine.

gp36912
04-14-2006, 12:37 AM
^^^^ lol

i guess i can be considered lucky that i don't have engine problems

Zephyr
04-14-2006, 12:38 AM
I cry everytime I go to the pump.

gp36912
04-14-2006, 12:41 AM
ahahhahaa me too man, once a week, now over $60 a time, 240 a month easy

EDIT: though your is350 would kill my car when we compare fuel consumption

civic_stylez
04-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman
Ill just say, dont ever own a jeep as your only vehicle.

oh man, so true, theres been times ive gone looking for a sledgehammer to beat the hell out of my jeeps...

the only time i cried with my civic is when i sold it....

403Gemini
04-14-2006, 02:21 PM
I drive a saturn

i cry myself to sleep everynight....

Primer_Drift
04-14-2006, 02:23 PM
^^^ thanks for the sig
:rofl:

slick2404
04-14-2006, 02:34 PM
i cry tears of joy:)

Vypros
04-14-2006, 04:12 PM
I was walking around PYP crying again today when I found out the turbo ca18 200sx that was there 2 days ago disappeared, but the car with all the parts stripped off it was still there.

So now I'm stuck. I have no injectors from it, I have no Rising Rate FPR, I have no ecu (just in case), I have no downpipe........the list goes on :(

Everytime I go outback to install this god damn piece of shit I notice something else i need. By now it's getting to the point where I feel like selling the turbo because its put me out for $300 already and i cant even install it :thumbsdow