PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Number Sleven

core_upt
04-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Just saw Lucky Number Sleven last night - great movie, definitely worth seeing.

Kind of a cross between Snatch and Usual Suspects; brilliant dialogue, enough action without being cheesy and pretty solid acting on all accounts.

Plus Morgan Freeman's in it - oh wait, he's in EVERYTHING! (usually playing a simple black man who tells complicated white people how to live their lives!)

Kamen
04-14-2006, 02:53 PM
:rofl:

Yea, saw it last week thought it was pretty good.
Maybe I was tired but I fell asleep in the beginning and when I woke up Josh and Lucy were in the restaurant :rofl:

Good ending. It's like another Ocean's 11 kind of movie :thumbsup:

robpark
04-14-2006, 02:58 PM
You guys liked it eh?

I found it to be predictable and false... had this veneer of being clever but really was quite simple in the end. It is made to make you think it is a complicated story, but it really isn't... Not to mention really slow. I had to have checked my watch 10 times during the course of the film.

But that is just my two cents.

As far as I am concerned, "Inside Man" and "V for Vendetta" are much better movies.

Kamen
04-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Yea those were much better movies I agree.

Sometimes simplicity is good, everything made sense for me. It could have been way worse or overcomplicated. The only bad part was when Lucy came into the apartment to borrow sugar, I was like wtf is going on?

robpark
04-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh I agree, simple is good...sometimes...

But a movie like "Lucky Number Sleven" is supposed to derive a lot of excitement/suspense from not being able to figure it out until the very end....
It is supposed to confuse you and perplex you right up until the very end, where it shows you how everything comes together and you have this cathartic reaction, slap your head and exclaim "OH! Now I get it..."

"Lucky Number Sleven" doesn't do that. The only suspense I was in was waiting in agony for the credits so I could drive home.

dj_honda
04-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by robpark

I found it to be predictable and false... had this veneer of being clever but really was quite simple in the end. It is made to make you think it is a complicated story, but it really isn't... Not to mention really slow. I had to have checked my watched 10 times during the course of the film.

i agree, but when i look back and spend 10 bucks or whatever to see transporter 2 and compare it to this movie, this movie was well worth it LOL.

i agree it was very predictable and what not but the mix of humour and what not kept it interesting, and lucy liu :hitit: :thumbsup:

shakalaka
04-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Yea predictable deffinately. I watched it in London last week, it was decent though I thought. Last 6 movies I seen deff. one of the top 3 I would say. Not too too great or anything, but not bad at all either.

cujo_cjc
04-15-2006, 06:25 PM
I saw this movie last night and I thought it was pretty good. I liked the plot and the simplicity about it. It was easy to follow, which is a good thing for me :D

Tonee
04-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Im going to go see it this weekend hopefully :) i'll let you guys know what i think of it