PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2x 1988 FC RX7s - ardrossan/sherwood park

graham
04-14-2006, 01:56 PM
So here is the scoop:

The front rotor on my Red 1988 FC is gone, likely dropped an apex seal. It is putting out 30psi on the front. The rear is still putting out 90-100psi. Whatever the case may be I don't have the money to repair it.

There are a number of RX7s in the edmonton area that have good used engines but are damaged beyond repair otherwise. Drop a note in the Edmonton RX7 Car Club forums I'm sure someone can lead you to them. Or you can buy a rebuilt engine from a couple guys in town, again dropping a note in the RX7 Club forums would get you set in the right direction. If I had the cash I'd be getting a rebuilt but I don't...

Anyways. The car is complete, electrical and everything else is good(except the intermittent wiper switch). There is a bit of rust starting on the drivers rear quarter, a tiny chip on the passenger front quarter and the sunroof needs replacement (I have a replacement sunroof off a blue RX that will go with the car as well the black RX that is for parts has a good one too).

The clarion deck and Sony Xplode 6.5" rear speakers will be going with the car as well as a custom sub box under the passenger side cargo box and the Clarion Type-S 12" sub. All of the pheonix Gold wiring will be left in the car, (GRD, POS and RCAs). I have a Rockford punch 200W amp that can be negotiated into the offer if the buyer wishes.

Here is a list of things I have done to the car recently.

- New Alternator - dual belt pulley
- New Starter
- New Water pump
- New Eliminator Battery with 5yr warranty (I think)
- Exhaust completely replaced, Cats removed. Mufflers replaced as well. Everything from the exhaust manifold back was replaced.
- Brakes have a couple hundred km on them they are the napa high temp pads
- Passenger front wheel-bearing replaced.
- Shocks replaced last year (unknown brand my dad did this when my sister owned the car)
- Aluminum Hood - paint in great shape (replaced windshield washer spray nozzles) - old steel hood will go with the car
- Added front Strut Tower Bar
- The Intake manifold was recently cleaned and all the gaskets replaced.
- Matt cleaned and flow tested the injectors
- Removed EGR (diaphram cracked)
- Removed Air pump
- Added dual belt pulley and new belts all around (gator backs and a goodyear)
- New plugs
- Replaced nylon shifter bushings
- Replaced Shift boot and handbrake boot with custom leather boots.
- Replaced center console cover
- Replaced rear hatch shocks with used working ones

I'm sure there are other things I have done I just can't think of them at the moment.

Over-all shape:

- The interior is complete and in good shape. I replaced all of the broken parts the only issue is the carpets need to be cleaned and the drivers seat vinyl is cracked and has started coming apart (not bad) its pictured in one of the shots I have of the interior
- I made a custom Sub box for the 12" sub where the passenger cargo box was. Its 2 cubic feet even =) You would never know it was in the car by looking at it.
- The paint is "ok" but starting to fade on the passenger door and the clear is peeling on the rear pillars.

I also have a black FC (1988) parts car that I bought that I want to go with my red one. It is complete as well and has a bunch of intake parts in the hatch. Its missing the drive train. But would be amazing if you need ANY parts for the red car.

Pictures: Here (http://www.desol8ion.com/rx7)

I'd like to get $1500 for both cars. I would really like to get rid of them both at the same time. You will have to make arrangements to pickup the cars. They are in Ardrossan about 15 mins east of Edmonton RR214.

PM me if you are interested.