PDA

View Full Version : E46 M3 vs C5 Coupe

Glowrider
03-25-2003, 11:01 AM
I was going to the gym this morning, and I saw a yellow C5 Coupe on HRE's (very nice!). We were at a light, and he was in the turning lane, and I was in the lane next to him about a car back. Turns out he was in the turning lane to jump ahead of the other cars. What a baller :) He kept going straight.

I got around some of the traffic, trying to get next to him. There was construction, so one of the lanes in the 2 lane road was shut down, he gunned it from the merging turn lane on the other side of the intersection and cut to the next lane to pass the construction. I gunned it to, but some asshole in a Civic with a fartcan and Altezza's gunned it infront of me, blocking me from passing due to lane constraints. So we got past the construction, and I cut around the Civic.

We got to another light and the Corvette was turning. I honked at him and asked if he wanted to run, he nodded and kept going straight. There was traffic so we just rolled for a bit. We got to another light, he was behind me, and I made a right to get onto a bigger street (4 lanes). He got next to me, but there was still to much traffic, so he said lets do a u-turn.

We went down and did a u-turn, I put it in M mode and S6, turned off DSC, dropped down to first gear and rolled at about 4,000 rpms. He got next to me. Told me to honk 3 times.

We were rolling, I honked, nailed the gas. Shifted to 2nd using the F1 buttons, spun a bit as I hit 2nd. I jumped about a car on him, I hit 3rd and he jumped up right next to me, he threw what I think was 3rd for him, and just flew by me. We had to shut it down because of traffic.

I lost but it was fun and the guy was really cool.

:)

RCBVtec
03-25-2003, 05:44 PM
:thumbsup: nice man... that woulda been cool to watch. Those C5s are crazy cars (like the M3s aren't).

Glowrider
03-26-2003, 12:49 AM
I saw the guy again earlier tonight. He told me he has an intake manifold, intake and exhaust. He also mentioned that he has a nitrous kit that he hasn't installed yet. I'm going to try and get some pictures of his car if I run into him again. It's really kick ass.

RCBVtec
03-26-2003, 11:04 AM
and with a nitrous kit :eek: that thing will be insane, nothing will touch it!! Yeah man get some pics if you can...

E36M3
03-26-2003, 11:48 AM
It's interesting that a 3.2L I6 can even come close to such a big motor.. must have been a lot of fun. Do you live in Manhattan? I was just there last week and we talked our driver into some serious idiocy on the way back to the airport in a brand new S500.. was quite entertaining.

Glowrider
03-26-2003, 12:22 PM
I live in the city right now, for school. Long Island during the summer and most weekends.

E36M3
03-26-2003, 01:28 PM
Cool deal. What a great place to go to school.. I love New York.

Originally posted by Glowrider
I live in the city right now, for school. Long Island during the summer and most weekends.