PDA

View Full Version : L.Hansens Reliable Vehicle Movers?

Prolifique
04-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I been having a riot trying to find and research which car moving transportation company is more reliable and overall good. I contacted even Honda dealershis finding what they use thinking possibly they would get the best for their jobs, So Hansen from what I know now is Ebay's main car transporter and they do 90% of cars in north America, but i'm not one to hear stat's and jump for my credit card, Anyone ever use Hansen as their method of movement? If so did it go smooth and are their any loops i should know of before I make the final decision? Thanks again and appreciate any comments regarding my situation.

nismodrifter
04-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Quick and to the point: Have used it. No problems what so ever. Tracking is a little slow but that doesn't really matter unless you are really really reallllllly wanting the car (if you really want to know exactly what is going on then just phone them...they have no problem answering your questions). No scratches or any other damage. Rating: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Envitro
04-14-2006, 05:04 PM
I used Hansen's too. Good service.

Prolifique
04-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Much appreciated however since you both used em is there anything I should mention to get better coverage and another question what should i tell them to make sure to do ? or did you guys just let them do it all and relax over a corona? I may sound a bit edgy it's cause the car is a show car and it has alot of fragile parts by which i took off or they did and it has 7 inches front 7inches side and 8 inches back, that should be enough for them to put on the track I hope? and thanks again.

eclipse00
04-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Use them daily at work, recomended for sure!

netwise
04-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Used them through another company in BC who did the towing to the yard and faciliated it. *THAT* company screwed up, and didn't pay Hansen's invoice, so they held the car in their compound. I do network work for a trucking company, so this didn't surprise me, and I certainly couldn't fault Hansen for that. The move of the car otherwise went just fine. I'd use them again, only directly next time ;)

Prolifique
04-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks once again for the replies , I guess the majority outdoes any other companies, L.Hansen it is!

pulse_crx
04-15-2006, 06:51 PM
I have dealt with hansens before. I cant specifically place the blame on their company, but 5 km's after I picked up my car, my clutch went. I bought the vehicle off a private exporter in japan, so no it wasnt an auction car, and they said the clutch was still in good working order.
So somewhere in between japan and calgary, there was most likely someone having some fun with my car.....
I cant blame them specifically because I guess Ill never know, but that was my experience with the company.

Weapon_R
04-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by pulse_crx
I have dealt with hansens before. I cant specifically place the blame on their company, but 5 km's after I picked up my car, my clutch went. I bought the vehicle off a private exporter in japan, so no it wasnt an auction car, and they said the clutch was still in good working order.
So somewhere in between japan and calgary, there was most likely someone having some fun with my car.....
I cant blame them specifically because I guess Ill never know, but that was my experience with the company.

Don't forget that there are tons of people handling your car. From the guy who takes it to the shipping yard, to the guys who load them in containers, to the guys who take them out, to the truckers who drive them to Calgary.

I found Hansons to be very professional but later settled for Searail because they were several hundred dollars cheaper.

Prolifique
04-16-2006, 07:45 PM
I read your first reply on this as well and I almost did go for sea rail until I ran into a long thread regarding moving on this site ironicaly infact and from all the accusations and dissapointments from using sea rail I decided deffinitely not to. Thanks again though and did you ever see that thread I was referring about?

96GrandAMGT
04-16-2006, 08:54 PM
i used them a few years ago to ship my 91 prelude SI from ontario here....was really good service car was un touched....:thumbsup:

180crazy
04-17-2006, 02:28 PM
use two amigos
they use hansens service and it costs you base price

Envitro
04-17-2006, 02:33 PM
My MR2 had about 6" of clearance front and back, and they did a great job.

Evo prec
04-17-2006, 02:40 PM
hansens is a good company. i used them when shipping my car, had some problems when the idiot driving it off the train backed in to another car with mine but they where very perfessional and paid for the repairs as well as my bill to ship.

Prolifique
04-17-2006, 10:39 PM
The dude on here said something about 3 amigos being affiliated with Hansen. anyone else you 3 amigos? Thanks again for the responses.

Weapon_R
04-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Searail delivered my car with the utmost care and respect. I got email updates within minutes of my requests, the lady I dealt with was great and the car arrived without any problems whatsoever :dunno: Thats the only experience I have and it was a good one, i'll use them again.

Prolifique
04-17-2006, 10:49 PM
There was a long thred of sea rail claims and how disasterous they were to their vehicles not only that they aparently even went as far to not even take responsibility for the damages, I'm not on e to read and believe but after going down and reading numerous claims from members on here, it made me believe there has to be something not proper with that company, I'm glad though your ride was in good hands and i'm not doubting them but i just don't want to take chances either.

tapout
04-18-2006, 04:18 AM
i use them all the time:thumbsup:

Prolifique
04-19-2006, 02:04 AM
I gotta say thanks to all those whom responded to this thread, I appreciate your insight and experience on each company mentioned. So i concluded my research and went with L.Hansen. The price range is not exactly realistic to most I mean 750 for a move from winnepeg to Calgary. however the vehicle once I do recieve it i'll let show ya the reason and mentioning about Sea Rail I just ran up a thread on here which people had numerous claims of damages and not taking responsibilty in no way should this change your decision in using their sevices, I mean use your own judgement and persue from there if choosing a vehicle moving company, alright thanks once more and if you want this thread to remain so others can learn and gain knowledge then do so if not you can very well close it. Thanks mod.