PDA

View Full Version : Buying First Car - Certified Used Under $7k?

nucleicoutfit
04-15-2006, 09:46 AM
I would like to ask you guys a question as I've almost got enough money to go out and purchase my first car.

I'm almost certain I'd like to get a certified used car. I don't know that much about cars and to have the extra assurance from a dealer that the car is in good working order is sort of necessary for me.

My question is this... I should have about $7k to use on this car... and I was wondering what you guys felt was the best sort of car to purchase in this range. I was thinking a Honda Civic, maybe ~'94? Or is there a better value out there?

Also of consideration is the fact that I consider cars to be portable stereos... meaning one of the main reasons I'm getting a car is so I can enjoy very loud music all around me. I would like to have a car that's suitable for some high end stereo equipment.

Thank you very much!
~ pete

Si_FlyGuy
04-15-2006, 11:02 AM
I think that for cars in that range, you would get better value by purchasing separately and having your own mechanic do a thorough check.

That way, you're not losing money paying the dealership markup. A civic is nice and reliable, but the acoustics in one aren't all that great. Perhaps an old prelude?