PDA

View Full Version : Bobo83..... & Exhaust Questions/Opinions in General

AllGoNoShow
04-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey, what exaust do you have on your car?
Any other mods besides cosmetic?

I was the Black BMW behind you and the Blue 95ish M3 going down Nosehill, your car sounds AMAZING and my next mod is tint/exhaust.

I'm looking into the Active Autoworke exhaust as well as a Supersprint system. Looking for something a little on the higher, performance sound then the boy racer sound.

Anyone got opions on anything?

max_boost
04-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Yup Bobo is a PIMP with a nice ride. :bigpimp:

2m0a0x2
04-15-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm sure he'll chime in soon.....He's got a Conforti Intake, Rogue DME Exhaust.

ACS-e36
04-15-2006, 11:01 PM
stalker...

Chrisw
04-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by ACS-e36
stalker...

LOL

and the Exhaust is called DMS...but same thing...Great exhaust...wish I had the cash.

AllGoNoShow
04-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Sounds damn good thats forsure.

bobo83
04-16-2006, 02:53 PM
OOOH, that was you! Yah, I have a Rogue Engineering DMS Exhaust System and a Confroti Intake. I love the way my car sounds as well :D You need to drop your car, or was it dropped already?

EDIT: I recommond not getting Supersprint. Well to me, I hate it. There is no sound. I'd rather get AA over SS. My friend's E36 M3 has AA and it sounds damn right mean, with SS, it's no sound at all.

Goblin
04-16-2006, 03:25 PM
^ Do you have any thoughts on the UUC TSE3?

Chrisw
04-16-2006, 03:36 PM
^ If you can afford it it's well worth the money as far as proformance. it will show the biggest HP gains out of any BMW exhausts...

bobo83
04-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Well, I haven't heard the UUC TSE3, but I think it sounds very close to what I'm running. The HP gains is excellent since it's a full system. Mine is only axle back, so just a muffler.

2m0a0x2
04-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Bobo's motto in life:

Go Low, Go Big, Go Loud, and then while you're at it, go low again.

AllGoNoShow
04-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Yah I know I need to drop it *hides in the corner*, we attempted to rip apart the front suspension once, then realised every bolt is connected to something else that could use replacement, so we've kind put it on hold for a little bit but may get it done this week.

What does your muffler look like, do you know if they sell the muffler seperate or only in axle back.

The Active Autoworke exhaust I am looking at, sounds good on the E46 they got sound clips of so I might be after that one.

Kaos
04-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by bobo83
OOOH, that was you! Yah, I have a Rogue Engineering DMS Exhaust System and a Confroti Intake. I love the way my car sounds as well :D You need to drop your car, or was it dropped already?

EDIT: I recommond not getting Supersprint. Well to me, I hate it. There is no sound. I'd rather get AA over SS. My friend's E36 M3 has AA and it sounds damn right mean, with SS, it's no sound at all.
No sound at all?.....
You sure?
The SS Race is damn loud.... :eek:
I love my Race

bobo83
04-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, the Race is Loud! Like mine! HAHAH. But regular SS suck. You should start driving that badboy Kaos! Stop being a garage queen!

AllGoNoShow
04-16-2006, 09:30 PM
btw Elliot, that TSE3 you were wondering about, a member of our forums just picked it up and should be installed now, I will let him speak for himself on here but I know he would be up for a small meet and show off the exhaust. Supposed to sound really good.

gp36912
04-16-2006, 09:33 PM
ya it is installed in my car, it has a very nice sound to it. too bad i missed the meet today. all because i was stuck at work till 8 or so and didn't get home till 8:30

AllGoNoShow
04-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Shitty.

Gordon you should drop by my or my buddies place tomorrow, You live up North as well don't you? I think we went over this already I just forget. Gimmie a call tomorrow night sometime, anytime after 7ish I should be up North again. Cell is the first number in my msn name.

AllGoNoShow
04-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Here are a couple of sites I've been looking at....

http://members.aol.com/agspeed/exhaust.htm

Has exhaust opinions and some info on a couple of different systems, unbiased which I like, looks to be personally done as there is no real push towards one.

http://activeautowerke.com/exhaust/eurospeed_shootout.php

Is a possibly biased but informative site on everyones horsepower/torque gains from the exhausts listed.

Some of the exhausts:

Active Autoworke:
http://activeautowerke.com/exhaust/e46dpg3/main.php
E46 Dual Pipe Gen 3, some clips in there.
Not overly loud sounding but you know its there, nothing to boy racer and nothign to musclish sounding, kind of what I am after.

http://activeautowerke.com/exhaust/e36g3/main.php
Same exhaust for E36, the video cliip is gay at th ebeginning but with the quick varying of RPM's it sounds amazingly good.

UUC TSE3:
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/tse3/
Gordon just put this on his ride, will be checking it out tomorrow night to see what it sound slike in person. The video sounds suprisingly good as well. Another one worth checking out.

Remus:
http://remusexhaust.com/remus.php?ln=2

At first couldn't figure out why they sounded stock but there is 2 clips per sound section, one stock one with remus. Series = Stock, Remus = Remus sound clip. Check them out. The 320i they go on there site sound smuch more aggresive but not overly loud.

Just figured out how the sonds work and its made me rethink my opinion on remus.

More to come!

2m0a0x2
04-16-2006, 11:01 PM
The thing is.......

I think an exhaust on some of the 3-series would sound different on your car....

AllGoNoShow
04-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Well I've been hunting down the 330ci's if possible for sound clips. I'm only a 3.5L I6, little more displacement then the 3.0L I6 but not the difference of I6 to v8 persay. The 330ci's I'm thinking make around the same power as mine, not entriely sure, will know tuesday though :)

Clanche
04-17-2006, 11:19 AM
What about the Stromung Exhausts systems?
http://www.understeer.com/images/store/stromung-m3-2.jpg

http://www.understeer.com/onlinestore-exhaust.shtml

2m0a0x2
04-17-2006, 04:01 PM
They sound fucking amazing......I just heard the quality's not great. They do look and sound hot though...it was basically my first choice for a while.

Clanche
04-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 2m0a0x2
They sound fucking amazing......I just heard the quality's not great. They do look and sound hot though...it was basically my first choice for a while.

What's bad about the quality? What made you choose otherwise? I was considering it once I get my SS but is it gonna be a mistake?

2m0a0x2
04-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Clanche

What's bad about the quality? What made you choose otherwise? I was considering it once I get my SS but is it gonna be a mistake?

SS has a superior build quality....but like discussed, if you're looking for a little more sound, the SS is not really the way you'd want to go. What I heard the stromung is in between the AA Gen 3 sound and Superspring...in terms of loudness.

It's really just the welds...the places that hook onto the car, etc that could be better done.

Goblin
04-17-2006, 06:50 PM
So many choices, so many good points, so many to choose from..

ahh I hate this thread.

Wheels - suspension - exhaust!?!??!?

2m0a0x2
04-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Do suspension first. :) Way more satisfying than a loud stock car.

Clanche
04-17-2006, 09:20 PM
like I said before.. suspension first

AllGoNoShow
04-17-2006, 11:27 PM
My suspension will be in on Thursday so next is the exhaust ;)

That Stromung exhaust sounds AMAZING! I think I'm settling with that one :), good price too.

Goblin
04-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Clanche
like I said before.. suspension first

True dude true

AllGoNoShow
04-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Just got back from a rip behind Gordon's 323i with the UUC TSE3, damn that thing sounds good, can't wait for a rip inside the car. I still think I might be going with the Stromung, the videos are simply amazing, making me drool :)

Chrisw
04-20-2006, 06:21 PM
^ Do they even make that exhaust for your car....did I miss it on there?

AllGoNoShow
04-20-2006, 11:54 PM
nope don't make it. Buying the $460 Dual n Dual Out kit, cutting off the piping and sending it to the exhaust shop for the rest of the custom piping.

Emailed to even ask if they would sell muffler itself, no go, so this is the only way.