PDA

View Full Version : Bikers Are Like A Team

ERTW
04-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Have you ever noticed that whatever the bike, whatever the year, whoever the driver, and whatever the time, when you're riding how much biker's stick together? Like if I pull upto a red light and there's a biker elsewhere somehow we always end up chatting at the light. I just think it's really cool to be part of a community like that.

What do you all think?

Shaolin
04-16-2006, 12:15 AM
that's the way it should be.. and you might as well chat it up at the lights..

it's the same thing with the whole waving deal.. whether it's city riding or road trips.. bikers are waving at each other..

makes me want to buy a bike again.. bah.

Supa Dexta
04-16-2006, 09:08 AM
I wave to everyone.. except scooters.. ha.. Theres some people out there, who are too hardcore to wave to others, or they don't wave to sportbikes or vice versa.. I find theres less waves the hotter the weather (in a sense, theres more bikes = more waves total but..).. it brings out the wannabe's, who don't know the rules as well..... Where as when it's cold, if your out on a bike, your devoted and know to wave..

eclipse00
04-16-2006, 09:59 AM
I find that its always cruisers that dont wave, I dont know if this is a by product of too many noobs or what?!?!

ERTW
04-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by eclipse00
I find that its always cruisers that dont wave, I dont know if this is a by product of too many noobs or what?!?!

I think this is because as a generalization it is an older crowd on the cruiser's as opposed to on sport bikes it's generally younger guys. I would have a tough time believing that my pops would wave on his cruiser at a sport bike, but I know for sure I would wave at anyone (cruiser or sport) on my sport bike.

ERTW
04-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Old guys are pretty grumpy mostly. They certainly aren't out there to share in the experience with the other riders on the road.

shakalaka
04-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Word. I only got the chance to ride my bike couple times before I moved for uni. But I noticed that waving part. I wasn't sure if everyone does that since I was a noobie at riding. But everytime when someone waved, I just waved back. I actually quite like that. Gotta stick together kinda thing.

Vypros
04-16-2006, 12:22 PM
I waved at one guy from my car last week. He did a wheelie beside me and when he put it down had some minor tank slappin' going on and his foot touched my door when he went to stabalise himself again. Some pretty stupid bikers out there.

ERTW
04-16-2006, 12:42 PM
yeah that would make him a moron, not a biker

Shaolin
04-16-2006, 01:24 PM
I've noticed the older harley riders don't wave to me as much, maybe because I was riding a sport bike.. the younger riders wave a lot more..

It was cool to see when I was riding north bound deerfoot a couple years back, a pack of Harleys (probably about 8 of them) all waved to me one by one as they rode passed me..

Darwinism usually steps in and gets rid of idiots..

skandalouz_08
04-16-2006, 01:35 PM
That's the way it should be wavin at each other, shouldn't really matter what kinda bike you're driving i'm still gonna wave at any other biker out there

Vypros
04-16-2006, 01:40 PM
i miss riding :(