PDA

View Full Version : Do not scalp your Calgary Flames Playoff Tickets here!

Weapon_R
04-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that we will still be enforcing a zero-tolerance policy on hockey ticket scalping this year. We've noticed a rise in the sale of playoff tickets already at inflated prices and this will not be tolerated.

If you cannot sell the tickets at face value, you will not be selling them on this site. Thank you :)

EK 2.0
04-16-2006, 12:43 PM
And comps will be sold at the cheapest ticket price for that event.

Any user who continually does not heed these warnings will also subsequently be banned.

stevieo
04-16-2006, 01:51 PM
just incase, playoff tickets are generally more expensive than just regular seasons, so before you guys go all crazy and such make sure their inflated price is the new face value :)

Ed the SOHC
04-16-2006, 02:52 PM
can I sell a pencil for $500 and give a set of play off tickets away for free? hehehe ;) j/k

I'm in need of play off tickets... any one selling any at "face" value?

soupey
04-16-2006, 03:26 PM
jus curious, are we allowed to post tix for sale if we have them, and ask for face value...obo?. or is the sale of tickets at all not allowed?

88CRX
04-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
can I sell a pencil for $500 and give a set of play off tickets away for free? hehehe ;) j/k

I'm in need of play off tickets... any one selling any at "face" value?

good luck finding anyone willing to sell at face value.

if you guys really wanna stop the inflated prices go hit up the scalpers by the stampede lrt and piss them off, then call the cops on them :thumbsup:

toyboy88
04-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by soupey
jus curious, are we allowed to post tix for sale if we have them, and ask for face value...obo?. or is the sale of tickets at all not allowed?

totally ok to sell your tickets on here..but you can't sell them for more than what they are worth..

example: original price from ticketmaster was $150 a ticket, that ticket can be sold on beyond, but cannot be sold for over $150

:thumbsup:

googe
04-16-2006, 06:05 PM
unless youre rage2 selling $50 nosebleeds for $100? :rofl:

rage2
04-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by googe
Correct.

handsomebassman
04-16-2006, 06:26 PM
:rolleyes:

88CRX
04-16-2006, 08:56 PM

I noticed that as well :rolleyes:

BTW, all the tickets that have been up so far have said "selling for face value" but when you actually contact them they want more. ALOT MORE :thumbsdow

Weapon_R
04-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Report them and they will be removed from the marketplace.

D'z Nutz
04-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Keep in mind that this is the third official warning. First being the TOU (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) and the second being this (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102496) thread.

If you're going to scalp tickets here, you better hope one of the more tolerant mods finds your post, cause bannings are in order at this point!

The reason why we do not allow members to do illegal activities here is because the admins shouldn't have to be held accountable for other people's stupid actions. If they want to do that, that's their discretion.

Kirbs17
04-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

BTW, all the tickets that have been up so far have said "selling for face value" but when you actually contact them they want more. ALOT MORE :thumbsdow

Ive sold 3 sets of tickets through beyond, 2 for exactly face value, the other was $3 added on because of shipping costs. Not everyone is bad. Who knows, I might have access to a lot of tickets for the playoffs if things go well, and Im more than willing to sell them here.

Nissanaddict
04-17-2006, 12:39 AM
:thumbsup: good of ya. I ain't scalpin mine..cuz they arrree mine...well half (half my 'rents dammit :( stupid brother's bad business decisions) if you have any for sale Kirbs, post em quick. I'll definitely buy a few. :D

cman
04-17-2006, 12:50 AM

I noticed that as well :rolleyes:

:werd:In the thread they appear to be face but once you PM the individual gives you "new" value twice as much :thumsdown:

BTW: Kirbs you are my new best friend:thumbsup:

handsomebassman
04-17-2006, 12:52 AM
kirbs, i really like jettas ya know.:D

atomic
04-17-2006, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
The reason why we do not allow members to do illegal activities here is because the admins shouldn't have to be held accountable for other people's stupid actions. If they (admins) want to do that, that's their discretion.

that's what hitler said

kaput
04-17-2006, 12:42 PM

dericer
04-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by atomic

that's what hitler said

Congrats on being able to use a Hitler reference for something so insignificant.

You're the Mussilini of your era. :thumbsup:

atomic
04-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by dericer

Congrats on being able to use a Hitler reference for something so insignificant.

amen

rage2
04-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Someone find me a Hitler smiley :D.

I'm looking into legalities and what not for ticket sales. It looks like there'll be no face value sales of playoff tickets unless the seller's retarded, so it's either we let scalping tickets happen, or we ban all ticket sales during the playoffs. Will keep everyone informed as soon as I know.

atomic
04-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Someone find me a Hitler smiley :D.

lollerzpops. google images was my friend today.

http://www.smileyarena.com/emoticons/Packs/Oranjo/hitler.gif

http://semyaaza.tripod.com/images/smiley/hitler2.gif

rage2
04-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by atomic
that's what hitler said
http://semyaaza.tripod.com/images/smiley/hitler2.gif

tapout
04-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Kirbs17

Ive sold 3 sets of tickets through beyond, 2 for exactly face value, the other was $3 added on because of shipping costs. Not everyone is bad. Who knows, I might have access to a lot of tickets for the playoffs if things go well, and Im more than willing to sell them here. :werd: kirby sold me tickets for face value thanks bud.

rage2
04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Yea, playoff tickets, a totally different animal than regular tickets. I think I've sold 3 sets of tickets for face value that I got from ticketmaster, and 1 set over face value but what I paid on ebay. The other set that ppl got upset about, I gave them away.

szw
04-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
The reason why we do not allow members to do illegal activities here is because the admins shouldn't have to be held accountable for other people's stupid actions.

Has it been looked into, that the site owners could get in trouble over what happens on their board, or is it a matter of 'better be safe than sorry'?

On a thinly related note, who legally owns what I post? Do I have the rights to everything I post, or does it go to the site owners?

rage2
04-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by szw
Has it been looked into, that the site owners could get in trouble over what happens on their board, or is it a matter of 'better be safe than sorry'?
We've been threatened before. Some are really stupid threats such as the Hyundai club wanting to sue beyond for hotlinking their pictures and making fun of them (they never called our lawyer even tho I gave them the info) to the RCMP and FBI requesting for us to be more strict with used satellite sales and piracy stuff. In between, we work with the CPS quite often when they suspect stolen stuff being sold, we give out IPs and emails to them and are told we're liable if we don't help. At one point, I was having weekly meetings with a CPS detective over stolen stuff listed here. It's a lot cleaner now that some of the culprits have been busted... word gets around that they got busted cuz of here, and they don't come back.

Originally posted by szw
On a thinly related note, who legally owns what I post? Do I have the rights to everything I post, or does it go to the site owners?
I own you bitch! :rofl:

Actually, beyond.ca doesn't own any of your content that you type here. It's got nothing to do with us. But, it's posted publically, so public domain rules apply and anyone can use this information. All we do is provide a service so you can post publically your thoughts and opinions on anything.

There was a guy on here a year or so ago talking about drug use and mentioned his real name. He went on a job interview, they used google to search for his name, found the thread, and didn't hire him due to public confession of drug use. So be careful what you say, ANYONE can read this site and use the info.

EK 2.0
04-17-2006, 06:03 PM
There was a guy on here a year or so ago talking about drug use and mentioned his real name. He went on a job interview, they used google to search for his name, found the thread, and didn't hire him due to public confession of drug use. So be careful what you say, ANYONE can read this site and use the info.

So, ..........THAT's why you blank out your name...hahaha

szw
04-17-2006, 06:08 PM
But, it's posted publically, so public domain rules apply and anyone can use this information.

I was under the impression that public domain rules are regarding the actual types of information that can be copywrited, not that it is posted publically. Did a quick google and found this, however its from 96, and I don't know how credible it is.
Quote from http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/1996/may96/96n0529/96n0529.asp&articleid=1359&guid=

Furthermore, when any copyrightable work is completed, either on- or offline, it instantly becomes the property of its owner. The owner, who may be either a work's author or creator or the business or individual who commissioned a work, is granted certain legal rights over the work. The most important rights are the exclusive rights to copy, modify, sell, and distribute the copyright-protected work. These rights are seldom violated in the physical world. Most people respect the property of others and have little reason to claim ownership of works they did not create.

Many online users mistakenly—albeit understandably—believe a different set of copyright laws apply online, however. These users fail to comprehend the purpose of the copyright legislation, and they don't realize the potential consequences of failing to respect these laws. Nevertheless, ignorance is not a legal excuse, and it's important for all Internet users to be aware of their rights as information users and providers on the Internet.

Seems to make sense though, if you write a story and print them out and distribute them everywhere, the rights still should belong to the author I think.

Anyways I'm no lawyer, and reallly have non reason to even be wondering about this, but for some reason I am.

5hift
04-17-2006, 06:32 PM

We've been threatened before. Some are really stupid threats such as the Hyundai club wanting to sue beyond for hotlinking their pictures and making fun of them (they never called our lawyer even tho I gave them the info) to the RCMP and FBI requesting for us to be more strict with used satellite sales and piracy stuff. In between, we work with the CPS quite often when they suspect stolen stuff being sold, we give out IPs and emails to them and are told we're liable if we don't help. At one point, I was having weekly meetings with a CPS detective over stolen stuff listed here. It's a lot cleaner now that some of the culprits have been busted... word gets around that they got busted cuz of here, and they don't come back.

Theres a Hyundai Club ? :rofl:

And in regards to stolen stuff being sold on Beyond, its pretty obvious. I'm pretty sure I could name at least a few frequent Beyonders regularily sellings items aquired in a less than legal fashion. I cant even begin to count the number of times I've seen the same guy selling a ipod that he got as a 'gift so he has no reciepts'. What I dont get is when someone posts something for sale that is obviously stolen, and another member points it out, instead of the thread getting closed, the member who pointed it out just gets their post removed from a mod.

88CRX
04-17-2006, 07:14 PM
another scalper

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1496154

for some reason everyone thinks that if your offered more then face value it ok and not illegal then :thumbsdow

Weapon_R
04-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Unless the policy changes, there will be zero-tolerance towards scalping of tickets.

mac_82
04-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Just for reference here are the ticket prices for round 1. Add an extra ~$15 for GST and BS fees.

2006 Playoff Ticket Door Prices - Round 1

Club - $265
Gold - $265
Restaurant - $180
Silver - $200
Red1 - $160
Copper - $160
Red2 - $145
Blue - $95
Yellow - $95
Orange - $75
Green - $55
Black - $35
SportChek Zone - $35
WC - $93
WC1 - $100
WC2 - $65

finboy
04-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

Theres a Hyundai Club ? :rofl:

that beauty of a thread was one of beyond's finest moments :thumbsup:

sputnik
04-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by finboy
that beauty of a thread was one of beyond's finest moments :thumbsup:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11051

Aleks
04-19-2006, 09:35 AM
That thread was a classic

l8braker
04-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
Just for reference here are the ticket prices for round 1. Add an extra ~$15 for GST and BS fees.

2006 Playoff Ticket Door Prices - Round 1

Club - $265
Gold - $265
Restaurant - $180
Silver - $200
Red1 - $160
Copper - $160
Red2 - $145
Blue - $95
Yellow - $95
Orange - $75
Green - $55
Black - $35
SportChek Zone - $35
WC - $93
WC1 - $100
WC2 - $65

Many thanks for posting that!!! :thumbsup:

88CRX
04-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Add an extra ~$15 for GST and BS fees.

Whick CANNOT be added to tickets being sold.

Tickets cant be sold for more then face value... the price on the ticket, no more.

googe
04-19-2006, 10:21 PM

Whick CANNOT be added to tickets being sold.

Tickets cant be sold for more then face value... the price on the ticket, no more.

Well thats being unreasonable, no one is going to take a LOSS on their tickets, itd be nice enough for people to sell them for face value + tax/fees, cause obviously it wouldnt be hard to get way more...

"face value" plus applicable fees is more than fair

88CRX
04-20-2006, 12:14 AM

Well thats being unreasonable, no one is going to take a LOSS on their tickets, itd be nice enough for people to sell them for face value + tax/fees, cause obviously it wouldnt be hard to get way more...

"face value" plus applicable fees is more than fair

The law is the law.

And that is exactly what the law states :dunno:

Si_FlyGuy
04-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Cheers for fighting the scalpers. Even more so for rage's new scalper spotter game. That made my day.:rofl: :rofl:

BerserkerCatSplat
04-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
Cheers for fighting the scalpers. Even more so for rage's new scalper spotter game. That made my day.:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: For sure. Is a mod finally going to win that elusive Xbox? Maybe the prize will be a 360 this time around. :D

nismodrifter
04-20-2006, 06:42 PM
completely OT but how the F did I miss that Hyundai thread?? AHHHAHAHAH

mac_82
04-20-2006, 06:55 PM

The law is the law.

And that is exactly what the law states :dunno:

I have sold my sportcheck zone tickets on here before for face value. Some guys tried to flame me for scalping, but its only fair to recoupe your ticket master surcharges etc. I thought scalping was when you tried to turn a profit. Here is an example of what I paid for 2 Sport Check Zone seats at the start of the regular season:

ticket price: $23.50
ticketmaster convenience charge: $4.50
x2 tickets= $56
+ ticketfast printable tickets: $4.75

TOTAL = $60.75
TOTAL CHARGES = $13.75

Genjuro
04-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Thats Awesome Weapon_R, Thanks from Ticketmaster. :D:goflames:

88CRX
04-20-2006, 10:18 PM

I have sold my sportcheck zone tickets on here before for face value. Some guys tried to flame me for scalping, but its only fair to recoupe your ticket master surcharges etc. I thought scalping was when you tried to turn a profit. Here is an example of what I paid for 2 Sport Check Zone seats at the start of the regular season:

ticket price: $23.50
ticketmaster convenience charge: $4.50
x2 tickets= $56
+ ticketfast printable tickets: $4.75

TOTAL = $60.75
TOTAL CHARGES = $13.75

Ya, IMO its fair to ask face value + fees. But I'm pretty sure the law states face value only. Which doesnt include and fees, taxes or that shit :dunno:

Whatever. As long as your not asking double or triple i dont see a problem.

JordanLotoski
04-20-2006, 10:48 PM
why dont you just start a new Flames Section...let people inflate the ticket price..people are willing to pay for them so be it.

wildrice
04-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
why dont you just start a new Flames Section...let people inflate the ticket price..people are willing to pay for them so be it.

B/c it'd be the same thing as supporting street racing, or modding game consoles. These things are all illegal and beyond doesn't want to be of any part of it.

aklalani
04-20-2006, 10:58 PM
man u guys all know that no one is going to sell them at face value. i wish they would but its how the world works. people wont sell them at a certain price when people are willing to pay a LOT more.

soupey
04-20-2006, 11:22 PM
^nobody said they wont, all they said is that they wont on this site. ebay is always an alternative.

googe
04-20-2006, 11:24 PM
its against ebay policy too (not that no one does it on ebay)