PDA

View Full Version : Rotary in a Mazda B2200

Lowlivin2002
07-10-2002, 12:07 AM
What would I have to do to put a rotary engine in an 87 B2200? The only reason I came up with this is cause I blew the einine in my truck, and was pricing engines on the internet and found that a rotary engine isn't too much more. I want to try this, unless someone knows where I can find a replacement engine for my truck without costing me too much money. Also, are there any Ford engines I could swap into my truck,cause that might be a cheaper avenue to approach. Thanks!!

Dan

4wheeldrift
07-10-2002, 06:46 AM
I doubt it would be any harder than putting one into a Datsun 510 for instance. A new motor mount/crossmember, you'd need the tranny in all likelyhood (I doubt it would bolt up to the one in there right now), a longer driveshaft. Would be a fair amount of work (I don't even want to guess what all the labor would cost), but would certainly make for an interesting ride when you're done.

legendboy
07-10-2002, 08:21 AM
That would be a kewl swap IMO, just make sure that if u buy a rotary you get it rebuilt or rebuild it your self before u install it. Trust me.