PDA

View Full Version : The worst people at Flames games

cman
04-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Found this on another site, made me chuckle as it is 100% true.

The more hockey games you go to, the more you realize that other people really do suck. I will now inform you about the 10 most annoying people (s) at a hockey game. So perhaps you can avoid them, or punch them in the face ahead of time.

10) ATM guy: I hate these guys. I pitty you if you show up to a sporting event, or any event for that matter, and you fail to take out money before hand. This means you have to put up with the guy who is in line, 5 people ahead of you and has his turn at the machine. He puts his card in. Pulls it out realizing its the strip the other way. So he puts the card in the right way, leans in to read the screen closely. Pushes english. Looks into the air to remember his pin number. Puts the pin number in and trys to with draw 40 bucks. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Insufficent funds. So he puts the card back in, tries 20 dollars. Insufficent funds. So he puts the card in adn tries to take out 40 bucks.....What an idiot. What does he expect the machine to say "Oh fuck bro, i was wrong, you do have enough in your account" Fucking guy.

9) I think your sitting in my seat: Boy o boy, this never fails to happen. "Excuse me, i think these are our seats, Yea seat 10, thats what my ticket says". Good job idiot, about 5000 other tickets say seat 10. This moron doesnt realize that his ticket also says section 219, not section 210. SECTION FUCKING 219.

8)Big head guy sitting in front of you: Man these morons should have a section to them selves. They have thoes big, receading sweaty heads that are blocking your view. And they always seem to sit down in front of you. No they couldnt go sit down infront of your 6 foot 6 friend, nope, right infront of you. Bastards.

7) Girl behind you with her boyfriend who doesnt know shit: I hate this girl. Sometimes she is hot, so you can forgive her. But usually she is ugly and stupid. "Shoot the puck iggy, shoot it" What she doesnt realize is that andrew ferrance has the puck and he is behind his own net. How the fuck is he going to shoot it. Shoot your self you stupid woman.

6) Person who doesnt know where he is: We all have been seated next to a person like this. Theye doesnt know anything about sports. they dont even know which two teams are on the ice. But alas he is sitting next to you, trying to blend in. Poor guy. Some one fill him in, its the philladelphia flyers, not 76ers.

5)Guy who doesnt know what he's talking about: This guy is an idiot. He talks about the sport and stats as if he is a walking fuckin stat book, but in reality he doesnt know what he is talking about. The Flames lost in 7 games, not 6 you douche bag.

4) Guy/Girl on Cell phone: These jerks piss me off. They talk and tlak on their cell phone to people who are not at the game. And they try to get on the jumbo tron. "Can you see me, can you see me now?" As they waive their hands and stand up blocking my fucking view. Fuck these guys. Your not on the jumbo tron cuz your ugly. Idiot.
3) Old People: Man what are you doing at this game. The light show and loud noises should be telling you "Go home before you have a heart attack". I dont care if you have been a season ticket holder since they arrived in the town!. Your wasting valuble seat space. Yea so what, your sitting behind the flames bench? I bet you can barly read the damn names ON THE BACK OF THE JERSEYS! Just find your grave already.

2) 2 Minute leavers: These guys are the worst. You know who they are, The score is 2-3, flames are losing. These morons get up with 2 minutes left and they go to their car, so they can beat traffic. FUCK. Dont you morons know, you can come back in 2 minutes. I Hate these guys.

1) Suits: You know who I am talking about, im sure they piss you off just as me. They are the people who got tickets from their office. Yea thoes morons. They dont really care about the game, they are just their because they know their fat boss is gonna ask them about the game at the water cooler tomorow. FUCK YOU. Get off your damn cell phone!. Stand up and cheer a little bit, and if you decide not to, don't scowl at me like I'm a criminal for shouting GO FLAMES GO as loud as I can. Go run back to the office little man. Dont spill any mustard on that suit buddy.
:goflames:

TeamBestBud
04-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by cman

1) Suits: You know who I am talking about, im sure they piss you off just as me. They are the people who got tickets from their office. Yea thoes morons. They dont really care about the game, they are just their because they know their fat boss is gonna ask them about the game at the water cooler tomorow. FUCK YOU. Get off your damn cell phone!. Stand up and cheer a little bit, and if you decide not to, don't scowl at me like I'm a criminal for shouting GO FLAMES GO as loud as I can. Go run back to the office little man. Dont spill any mustard on that suit buddy.

:guns: :guns: :goflames: :goflames:

Bill Cosby
04-16-2006, 03:44 PM
:rofl:

idiot girlfriend for the win!

trikypenguin
04-16-2006, 03:44 PM
i agree with all of em but the old people one

toyboy88
04-16-2006, 03:45 PM
hate the #1 espicially... :banghead: :banghead:

88CRX
04-16-2006, 03:52 PM
All are 110% true.

#11 should be....

newbs that show up with their sportcheck tickets 5 minutes after the game has started and expect to get first row in the noosebleeds.

"is that seat taken?"

"uh ya, for the last 2 1/2 hours.... but i hear theres a great seat in row 35, waaaaay up top :thumbsup: "

l8braker
04-16-2006, 03:58 PM
LOL!!!

I remember when the Presidents Club first came out and my Dad bought tickets for his company, we used to always sit next to this rich couple. The husband was alright, but the wife would bring, no shit, a portable TV and watch it on 2&7 back in the day... WTF?

I hate the people who yap on their cellphones, the guy with the big head who blocks your view :guns: and the guy who throws out every stat, etc to impress his girl, and the entire section :rofl:

anarchy
04-16-2006, 03:58 PM

7) Girl behind you with her boyfriend who doesnt know shit: I hate this girl. Sometimes she is hot, so you can forgive her. But usually she is ugly and stupid. "Shoot the puck iggy, shoot it" What she doesnt realize is that andrew ferrance has the puck and he is behind his own net. How the fuck is he going to shoot it. Shoot your self you stupid woman.

:werd:
This one takes the cake :rofl:

core_upt
04-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by anarchy

This one takes the cake :rofl:

I think this can be extended to anyone wo yells stupid things like "shoot" everytime Calgary touches the puck or "skate" when the flames carry the puck up the ice.

They're professional hockey players who prabably figured out the basics, like when to skate, a while ago.

Rocky
04-16-2006, 04:52 PM
hahaha #7 definitely.

suits should be banned unless they're red, for the playoffs. flames jersey or death fool

FiveFreshFish
04-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I hate the fuckers who lean forward in their seats all the time, which forces everyone else behind to do the same.

JordanEG6
04-16-2006, 05:06 PM
i have a #5 in my class. hahaahahah

googe
04-16-2006, 05:59 PM
i also hate the idiot beside you with the horn. those are the worst invention ever. there is always a guy by me that blows it nonstop even when nothing at all is happening.

snowboard
04-16-2006, 06:04 PM
i hate people that cant skate and dont know how to play hockey that are always like "well shit why didnt they do this, why didnt he pass it there or shoot from there"

shut the fuck up if you cant even hold a hockey stick right. and its so obvious who they are too. and i dont mean the guys girlfreinds. i mean them. fuck.

Justing
04-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
i hate people that cant skate and dont know how to play hockey that are always like "well shit why didnt they do this, why didnt he pass it there or shoot from there"

shut the fuck up if you cant even hold a hockey stick right. and its so obvious who they are too. and i dont mean the guys girlfreinds. i mean them. fuck.

:werd: These are the greatest douche bags of all. They are also usually the walking stat book. Know every number available yet dont know shit about how to play the game.

twofortySX
04-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I hate when you go to the games and you see people wearing jerseys of teams that are not even playing that night. Like at the Flames final home game vs Colorado, i saw people wearing oilers jerseys, Winnepeg jets.

tapout
04-16-2006, 06:52 PM
What gets me mad is when the canadian anthem is on & people flapin there gums and show no respect for our country.I understand if it was the USA anthem :drama:

snowboard
04-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by tapout
What gets me mad is when the canadian anthem is on & people flapin there gums and show no respect for our country.I understand if it was the USA anthem :drama:

that bugs the fucking shit out of me. if your not going to sing, shut the fuck up. i dont sing but i think its huge disrespect to talk. or wear a hat.

EK 2.0
04-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I hate the fuckers who lean forward in their seats all the time, which forces everyone else behind to do the same.

wow D. for you to swear about them they MUST bug you...hahaha

mac_82
04-16-2006, 07:30 PM
12. I hate guys who make top 10 lists and then can't even spell players names correctly.

andrew ferrance

:rolleyes:

Nissanaddict
04-16-2006, 09:27 PM
I hate (experienced all of the above)

Canucks fan that smells like urine
"Little people" with an annoying voice yelling "HIT HIM PHANEUF" but pronouncing it pan-oof.
The 2 minute leavers suck too
The people who violate the laws of getting up, and sitting down, which are as follows:

You're at a hockey game. If you need something to eat or drink, or you need to piss, shit, puke etc. HOLD that thought till the intermission preferrably. If you absolutely must go, then hold it till the next whistle, at which point you must get up right as the whistle blows, and proceed as quick as you can to the nearest aisle, and to the concourse. QUICKLY, but do not kick any drinks over (or snacks) in the process. If you do, say "sorry, I'll buy you another" and come back with it (coke is the most common, so get one of those, unless it's a beer), without waiting for a response. (side note about "nearest aisle", there is typically 2 entrances to each section in the 'dome. They do have the seat range written under the section. USE that as a guide. I sit in seat 18 of about 30, Do NOT enter on the 30 side if you sit at seat 3 (or exit for that matter)end side note) On the way back, there is a reason the ushers request that you wait. It's not "cuz it's a rule" it's because it pisses other people off when they can't see. Now it's usually impossible to run up the stairs and sit down in time. So run up the stairs, when the game recommences, squat down, or sit on a step by your row. When the whistle blows, you may THEN proceed. It is not that complicated (I just made it sound that way)

Rocky
04-16-2006, 09:41 PM
"Little people" with an annoying voice yelling "HIT HIM PHANEUF" but pronouncing it pan-oof.
reminds me of another dome annoying story...
some guy was jeering edmonton's suck goalie, the first one... jussi markanen (sp). kinda funny, no biggie. but then there was this young kid sitting close, probably 9-13 with a voice that hadn't hit pueberty trying to be like the first guy. hearing this whiny, squeaky ass voice shouting out the longest, unfunniest comments the whole game made me want to kill myself. impressionable youths should be kept away from hockey games :P

eblend
04-16-2006, 09:49 PM
all are so true, number 9 is awesome!

now i had a number 9 experience but on a train in europe, this woman raised hell! I was the only white guy traveling with 3 asian friends and my asian friends were explaining to the woman that she is in the wrong cart but the damb broad looked at me and was like THIS IS MY SEAT, i am like wtf, listen to what these ppl telling you. I guess she thought I wasn't part of the pack haha But anyways eventually we made her feel stupid and everyone lived happy ever after

HybridTheory
04-16-2006, 09:52 PM
My biggest pet peeve about sitting in the sport chek zone is people coming and going as they please. Like they'll just stand there until the play is over, meanwhile I have to try my best to look around them. The good thing about sitting in the lower bowl is that the ushers can tell people when to proceed.

Another weird pet peeve I have is people with mis-spelled jerseys. Like when I was at the game on Thursday, I saw this lady with a Kipper jersey spelled "Kippersoff" instead of Kiprusoff. If you're gonna get a players name on your jersey at least have the common courtesy to make sure it's spelled right.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by twofortySX
I hate when you go to the games and you see people wearing jerseys of teams that are not even playing that night. Like at the Flames final home game vs Colorado, i saw people wearing oilers jerseys, Winnepeg jets.

I fail to see the problem with that. Just because their favorite team isn't playing doesn't mean they should be prohibited from wearing the jersey. I'll wear my Team Canada or Winnipeg Jets jersey any time I damned well please. I can't believe you let that kind of trivil shit bother you.

RC-Cola
04-16-2006, 10:00 PM
How about the drunk asshole that feels it neccesary to yell at everyone in his section / tries to pick a fight with anyone who doesn't agree with his opinon. :whipped:

The 2 minute leavers are the worst, like your life is so important that you've spent the last two hours watching the game and now the last two minutes are really going to put your over the limit. It doesn't matter what the score in the game, sit down, enjoy the game till the end...

snade831
04-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

I can't STAND those people!!! :banghead:

Moonracer
04-17-2006, 12:58 AM
I hate the fuckers that are constantly getting up to go get beer and then spilling it on me as they go by me.

Vagabond142
04-18-2006, 12:12 PM
I hate not being able to go to a game :cry:

But I have been to rugby games before in New Zealand and the same applies there, except that it's MUCH rowdier when the scores are widely seperated

D'z Nutz
04-18-2006, 12:59 PM
5)Guy who doesnt know what he's talking about: This guy is an idiot. He talks about the sport and stats as if he is a walking fuckin stat book, but in reality he doesnt know what he is talking about. The Flames lost in 7 games, not 6 you douche bag.

I sat near a guy that felt it was necessary to tell his buddy the entire Sutter family history. I think the only part he missed out was when he sucked all their dicks.

QuasarCav
04-18-2006, 01:06 PM
11. Guy who makes stupid list.

ninjak84
04-18-2006, 01:25 PM
The worst people at Flames games are the ones bitching and whining about all the other fans.

Cherrypicker
04-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
The worst people at Flames games are the ones bitching and whining about all the other fans.

EXACTLY!

EDM
04-18-2006, 03:38 PM

abyss
04-18-2006, 03:46 PM
The last game I went to there was this drunk idiot who kept yelling and cursing everytime Amonte came on the ice. It was like the guy stole his girlfriend or something, he was like "oh man sutter you're an idiot, why would you put Amonte out there?!" "oh great pass the puck to Amonte, that guy's NEVER going to score" "way to hand over the puck Amonte!" etc, etc. it was by far the most annoying thing I have EVER experienced at a game. Like, get your drunk fat ass out there and do a better job idiot, yeah, I didn't think so. I don't know what the hell this guy's problem was.

PGTze
04-18-2006, 04:03 PM
I've gone to the game with a friend who has ticets in the same seats a half dozen times a year, half the time there is this older couple sitting infront of us.

Back when the Flames used to suck they would bring books to the game and read, not only during breaks in the game, but during the game. They still do it but don't usually read while the play is going on anymore. I mean wtf if your not there to watch the game, then why are you there. Fuck give the tickets to someone who actually wants to be there.:guns:

joyridder
04-18-2006, 04:20 PM
excellent example of the common idiot at an NHL game!! :thumbsup:

dericer
04-18-2006, 04:27 PM
I don't know if any of you have been to section 217, but there's this one guy.

Imagine a man with a Fran Dresner / Rosie O'Donnelle voice.

Shouting at the top of his lungs " Get it out, get it out, hit him, hit him"

He literally shouts it all game.

One game he shocked the hell out of me. He mixed it up and added " shoot it, shoot it"......So if anyone hears about some guy murderlizing some guy after a game.....I've already said too much.

Anyhoo,

End Rant.

:zzz:

dericer
04-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by abyss
The last game I went to there was this drunk idiot who kept yelling and cursing everytime Amonte came on the ice. It was like the guy stole his girlfriend or something, he was like "oh man sutter you're an idiot, why would you put Amonte out there?!" "oh great pass the puck to Amonte, that guy's NEVER going to score" "way to hand over the puck Amonte!" etc, etc. it was by far the most annoying thing I have EVER experienced at a game. Like, get your drunk fat ass out there and do a better job idiot, yeah, I didn't think so. I don't know what the hell this guy's problem was.

Especially sad, since Amonte is one of our smartest players out there. Key to our PK

Orbie
04-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

I fail to see the problem with that. Just because their favorite team isn't playing doesn't mean they should be prohibited from wearing the jersey. I'll wear my Team Canada or Winnipeg Jets jersey any time I damned well please. I can't believe you let that kind of trivil shit bother you.

I find a lot of the shit in that list and in this thread trivial and stupid as well. 2 minute leavers? who the hell cares, are they telling you to get up and leave to? :rolleyes:

seer_claw
04-18-2006, 10:54 PM
While I agree with most of those, I don't agree with the old folks one. My grandfather has a good friend who is a millionare and has had season tickets for as long as the Flames have been around. She usually has about 8 season tickets as well so I san usually get a couple off her every now and then. And she goes to every game, likely been to more games than anyone on this site. Plus I can't afford season tickets so free ones work awesome for me. :thumbsup:

But the rest of them are very valid points, and I hate 2 min leavers. Even if your team has lost support them to the bitter end or your not really a fan.

Altezza
04-18-2006, 11:47 PM
I was at a game recently and some drunk fat bitch fell down 4 rows of seats triggering a mini-avalanche of people falling down towards the ice. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Nissanaddict
04-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Last time my mom was at a game, the guy that sits next to me every day (that has brought at least 2 annoying guests over the season) bailed and tripped my mom...she fell alright and got lucky, but was a few inches from hitting a chair with her spine. I woulda made his trip down the stairs a tad quicker.

cman
04-19-2006, 12:01 AM
I also do not really agree with the old people, long time supporters. After all they played a roll in keeping us in town when I was a kid. However I didn't write this ting but found the other 9 points hilarious.

sputnik
04-19-2006, 06:54 AM

WTF? Our company has club seats right along the boards and there are tons of "suits" that yell and cheer like the best of them.

Your list sounds like a pathetic attempt to prove that you are the "greatest flames fan".

mac_82
04-19-2006, 06:58 AM
Last game I was at 2 suits sat beside me. Don't think they watched the game for more than 5 mins, always comparing blackberries, talking on their phones, so annoying. Maybe not all suits are like that, but a lot are. :thumbsdow

/////AMG
04-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Orbie
I find a lot of the shit in that list and in this thread trivial and stupid as well. 2 minute leavers? who the hell cares, are they telling you to get up and leave to? :rolleyes:

No but if one leaves others start leaving, then you basically can't see shit because people are blocking you view

shakalaka
04-19-2006, 08:17 AM
hahah Some of those are freaking hilarious. Specially the gf one. But yea most of them are annoying as hell. So far I haven't come across any! O well except the "supposed to be my seat" yea? well bend over and check your ticket again. :rofl: :goflames: :goflames:

HuMz
04-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by twofortySX

lol soo true......you have to be the biggest idiot to wear another team's jersey at a game when there not even playing

dino_martini
04-19-2006, 12:47 PM
I was out two years ago in Toronto to watch a Toronto - Montreal? Game I think it was. My cousin and I had gotten the seats from my uncle who had gotten them from his company. They were lower bowlish, about 10 rows up. Great seats. All you could see were suits in that section. When Toronto would score they wouldnt even get up or clap or anything, just sit there with there other office buddies. I think my cousin and I were the rowdiest fans in that section, and we werent even rowdy.

I dont mind the old people at the games. My grandfather has a friend who has had season tickets for like 15 years. She is always giving her tickets away to us, great seats too.

PGTze
04-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

WTF? Our company has club seats right along the boards and there are tons of "suits" that yell and cheer like the best of them.

Your list sounds like a pathetic attempt to prove that you are the "greatest flames fan".

He didn't write the list moron

l8braker
04-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I was out two years ago in Toronto to watch a Toronto - Montreal? Game I think it was. My cousin and I had gotten the seats from my uncle who had gotten them from his company. They were lower bowlish, about 10 rows up. Great seats. All you could see were suits in that section. When Toronto would score they wouldnt even get up or clap or anything, just sit there with there other office buddies. I think my cousin and I were the rowdiest fans in that section, and we werent even rowdy.

I dont mind the old people at the games. My grandfather has a friend who has had season tickets for like 15 years. She is always giving her tickets away to us, great seats too.

Haha! Same here man. The only reason the suits sit there is because they're the only ones who can afford those damn tickets. I remember we would stand to let them by and they wouldn't say thanks (another one of my pet peeves) then they would come back 25mins later with fresh Sushi from the counter :nut:

cman
04-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

LOL he clearly read the whole post:rolleyes:
Congrats on jumping to conclusions the second you felt slightly "offended". Your post seems like a pathetic attempt to prove that your company is "superior".

googe
04-19-2006, 10:31 PM
haha, why would you wear a suit to a flames game anyway?

Moonracer
04-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by googe
haha, why would you wear a suit to a flames game anyway?

They probly don't go home after work. Meet and hang out with the work buddies then head over to the dome to "bond" lol

szw
04-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

how does that make a difference?

So just because he copied it means people are allowed to agree with it, but not disagree?

Benny
04-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

They probly don't go home after work. Meet and hang out with the work buddies then head over to the dome to "bond" lol

My ex-gf's dad used to have season tickets through his company. He'd go to every game in his suits with a flames jersey over top, and he was one of the loudest fans there. Not saying all suits are like this, but this guy would go straight after work and be one of the coolest fans at the game.

Damn, I hope he takes me to a couple playoff games.

dezmarez
04-20-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by HuMz

lol soo true......you have to be the biggest idiot to wear another team's jersey at a game when there not even playing

what if they were wearing a kipper jersey from san jose
or hamrlik from NYI
i find that ok
or a montreal jersey with theadore on it
its all gravy if the players are playing in the game

asuth077
04-20-2006, 12:11 AM

:werd: Hit that nail on the head.

I am just going to yell SHOOT! the entire time while leaning forward in a suit with a Winnipeg jersey on underneath.

Police
04-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Holy the person who made the list either has NO life or way too obsessive over hockey. #7 was funny but the old people part was getting way out of hand, if theres so much shit you don't like, stay the fuck home SIMPLE. I can see some ignorant, fat, grumpy, undersexed loser who wrote the list haha, he probably spends all his money on game tickets. Its just entertainment don't take it so seriously. Like parents fighting at their kids sports game omg. :drama:

01RedDX
04-20-2006, 03:41 AM

Charon
04-21-2006, 04:05 PM
My #1
A canuck fan that gives a game commentary. And yells instructions to the team from the cheap seats.
1/2 an hour of that.... hit em, go, get it out, shoot, dont do that. All being yelled 1/2 a foot from my ear.
I started shit talking him calling him all kinds of hippy(Vancouver fan), ... etc..
I think I pissed him off enough to shutup.

Either way any fan doing this would piss me off to no end. I did not pay money to hear you yell non stop how you think they should be playing for 60 mins.

5abi
04-21-2006, 05:38 PM
stop goings to games then u idiots.

Goblin
04-21-2006, 06:12 PM
controversial thread haha

Funny I guess, but doesnt bother me...