PDA

View Full Version : Mount Royal College

djhi9hlit3
04-16-2006, 05:58 PM
i got accepted and just wondering how it is there?do u like it there? or would you had rather did something else like go to uofc/work/sait/etc.?

i didnt kno what to do after high school so my counsellor recommended that i go to mrc for "General Arts & Science"? its pretty much upgrading thats what i know? but im just wondering can u take some other classes with it? that's because i wanted to take som real estate and some other classes. would that be possible?

and if it is possible what classes did u take and enjoy?

anarchy
04-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I've attended both MRC and U of C and I really like MRC better. It's a lot more intimate environment with smaller classrooms so that you have more interaction with you professor and classmates. It's not that much of a change from high school.

If you are interested in learning about the stock market, I highly recommend taking ADMN 1132 - Intro to the Stock Market. The professor is awesome and you learn a lot from it. His main goal: To teach you how to make money. It was probably the most useful class I've taken and it wasn't too hard either.

three.eighteen.
04-16-2006, 06:26 PM
i'm gonna miss mrc...:(

Chester
04-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
i'm gonna miss mrc...:(

the hot girls.... haha

A790
04-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Chester

the hot girls.... haha

EVERYWHERE. DAMN.

Forcefed
04-16-2006, 10:02 PM
I love MRC, been there fot the last 2 years, still got 2 to go. Comming from UBC I can tell you MRC rocks the house, you will never have 300+ student in one class.....Also yes the ladies are nice eye candy, and the gym is sweet too

Godfuader
04-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Would help if you knew which faculty you were ultimately hoping for. Speaking for the Bissett School of Business at MRC, it is an amazing experience. The profs dont have Education degrees, rather they are real people who have worked in the industry. Alot of them barely mention text books, rather they prepare notes on personal experiences. I finish at the college on thursday (:clap: ) and must say it was a wonderful time. Best part is that classes are maxed out at 35 and 90% of profs will know your name within two weeks.

WWJAI
04-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Chester

the hot girls.... haha

i've already missed that!!..i had to go to SAIT:(

Kobe
04-16-2006, 10:17 PM
I can't wait to go next year :D

dodgy
04-16-2006, 10:41 PM
i miss mrc

nice small classes - great campus - cheap parking (relative to U of C)

you will really enjoy MRC.

d

snade831
04-16-2006, 11:23 PM
I wish I could stay there to get my degree... but I have to transfer :(

IntegraG2
04-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Im at MRC.....i love it.....i find it way better than the U personally cause the environment is more laid back like highschool.....Im in the Accounting Degree and love it....why accounting cause it was better than computer science :barf:

andyg16
04-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by snade831
I wish I could stay there to get my degree... but I have to transfer :(

:werd: I was thinkin the same thing

djhi9hlit3
04-26-2006, 10:45 AM
what clases do u guys recommend? cause im just gonna try out some classes. see what i wanna do...

MudCrawler
04-26-2006, 10:47 AM
i got in too, so i wouldnt mind hearing what classes some of you recommend either.

;) :burnout:

loweg
04-26-2006, 10:57 AM
I wasted....errr....went to U of C for two years fresh out of high school. Wasted a lot of money, drank a lot of beer...etc...

Dont know if it was that I was just not ready for it, or if it was not the right enviro for me...but I went straight from there to MRC's Small Business and Entrepreneurship program and I F*#& in love it. I am actually just finishing up my degree right now and have one directed field studies to go.

The degree is an applied degree, and is 3 years of schooling, and 1 year of DFS. In the DFS you do contract work, start your own company (I did aquarium maintenance) and was quite successful.

I like the atmosphere...its like Cheers (...Where Everyone knows your name...) but you are probably to young to remember that at all!

And yes, the girls of Mount Royal are great. Some of them spend more time getting ready for school than getting ready to go to a club I am sure...

Pm if you have any more questions about MRC or contacts within the program and I will try to help out the best I can.

loweg

Hakkola
04-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah I love MRC, I also went to UofC and didn't like it.

I believe Maxim magazine rated MRC as #7 in North America for hot chicks :D

The school is really good, I love my classes and profs, the gym is awesome the school is clean with mostly new equipment. :thumbsup: I'd stay forever if I could.

dezmarez
04-26-2006, 06:06 PM
ya MRC is sweet
the small class rooms are what i really like
my biggest class is probably about 30-40
and smallest was around 10-15

turbotrip
04-27-2006, 01:39 AM
if ur going to MRC to upgrade so u can go to U of C, think again cuz the average from MRC is scaled down around 10% when looked at by university. I know many people who got screwed over trying to switch into uni cuz their averages dropped 10-15%.

MudCrawler
04-27-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
if ur going to MRC to upgrade so u can go to U of C, think again cuz the average from MRC is scaled down around 10% when looked at by university. I know many people who got screwed over trying to switch into uni cuz their averages dropped 10-15%.

Anybody else have any stories to back this one up?

loweg
04-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Noen personally....but I got a bunch of friends that went to U of C from Mount Royal...I went the opposite...

It is much harder for some people at U of C. But I find it depends on the indivisual....if that is a good type of environment for you, then you will do well. I did better at mount royal.

Its hard to say why, could be that I had finally grown up, or could be that I finally found a direction in which I wanted to gop with my education, but my GPA went up to like 3.8 ish...

The most important thing I say to someone who asks me what they should do is not to go somewhenere if you just dont know...waste of time and money, chances are good you will not put your heart into it, and there is just no point...

g/l to all the guys/girls following this thread...

djhi9hlit3
04-28-2006, 09:58 AM
nobody answer my question! hahha!

what clases do u recommend on taking!!! haha

Hakkola
04-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Classes I enjoyed; Astronomy, Canadian Studies, Romance Studies, Psychology, English 2210 etc... if it fit my scedule I would have taken some weight training and other gym classes as well.

It depends on your interests dude, take what you want.

three.eighteen.
04-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by MudCrawler

Anybody else have any stories to back this one up?

it's not scaled down, but yes generally mrc courses are easier than the university equivalent, i had a year at the u of a in science and it was brutal, went to mrc to for a bcomm transfer to the u of c and i'm pretty sure i'm in, but how hard remains to be seen