PDA

View Full Version : sick of being broken into!!

Lilac Wine
04-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Well my car was broken into over a year ago but I was stupid and had left the face plate on.
This morning I go out to my car and my door isn't shut completely. I look in, sure enough my stereo is gone. I never even had the face plate on but the face plate was hiding in my car. Not only that but all my cd's are gone - 90% of them which were burnt!!! and my crappy sunglasses and some maintenence papers.
I have a 1997 cavalier. Turned out they just pried open my window!! Are cavaliers easy to break into by prying the windows? I am more just mad about my cds. I had 5 years of music on there with some good memories. They have sentimental value to me - no value to them.

tapout
04-16-2006, 06:41 PM
sorry to hear that but you should get a alarm

cman
04-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Interesting, I know of two people in Calgary who had their shit jacked from windows being pryed open. Let me guess, 2 door?
I guess get an alarm to deter them, but you can never really stop them.

barbarian
04-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by tapout
sorry to hear that but you should get a alarm
Sometimes these guys will break your window using an appropriate instrument wherein it spiders up, then they knock out the pieces one at a time to avoid setting off the shock alarm. Then, they crawl in the window, jack your stuff, and crawl out.

Also, maintenance papers? Did they have a credit card number on any receipts? If so, cancel your card before it gets cloned.

Weapon_R
04-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Sorry to hear, but it's not that cavaliers are easy to break into. A good thief can rob anything if he really wants to. It's just a case of bad luck.

gp36912
04-16-2006, 08:22 PM
^^^ like he said, a good theif can steal anything he wants, hell if he wanted he could walk up to a maybach with a little prep and drive away with it.

barbarian
04-16-2006, 08:56 PM
This here is a thief who's good at it.

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-1589.htm

A little warning too for those of you with remote trunk releases that function when the key is out of the ignition.

WWJAI
04-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by barbarian
This here is a thief who's good at it.

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-1589.htm

A little warning too for those of you with remote trunk releases that function when the key is out of the ignition.

thats a pretty crazy video...surprised no one even reported this guy, someone had to have recognized him...not one of them even had an alarm:dunno:

barbarian
04-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI

thats a pretty crazy video...surprised no one even reported this guy, someone had to have recognized him...not one of them even had an alarm:dunno:
This was probably a fairly high crime area, and his "boyz" probably scoped out which cars had obvious alarms and which didn't and planned the best route for the speed break-ins.

Notice that all the cars are ordinary cars, no mods or anything, and he doesn't even go for the stereo (they are probably all factory stereos). He's just going for the property. A guy with a carbon fiber hood and a giant wing probably has a) and alarm and b) doesn't leave valuables in the car.

Mar
04-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by cman
Interesting, I know of two people in Calgary who had their shit jacked from windows being pryed open. Let me guess, 2 door?
I guess get an alarm to deter them, but you can never really stop them.

I know of another where the window was pried open in Calgary on a 2 door, they even disabled the alarm. Why just 2 doors? Did they get caught after?

Sal0
04-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Sorry to hear man. My car got hit the same way appx two months ago in broad daylight! Hopefully they didn't do too much damage on the way in.

It could have been a lot worse, i've once had the door locks pried off on both my trunk and my drivers side door! You live and learn, i will no longer put anything of value in my car..not in this city.

Clanche
04-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Lilac Wine
Well my car was broken into over a year ago but I was stupid and had left the face plate on.
This morning I go out to my car and my door isn't shut completely. I look in, sure enough my stereo is gone. I never even had the face plate on but the face plate was hiding in my car. Not only that but all my cd's are gone - 90% of them which were burnt!!! and my crappy sunglasses and some maintenence papers.
I have a 1997 cavalier. Turned out they just pried open my window!! Are cavaliers easy to break into by prying the windows? I am more just mad about my cds. I had 5 years of music on there with some good memories. They have sentimental value to me - no value to them.

Do you leave your car on the street at night? or did this happened in a parking lot or something?

88CRXGUY
04-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Its just common sence not to leave anything out in the open, they see it they're are going to steal it. Some types of alarms are expensive, but they can help(id prefer 2 way)
. If you have a crap load of cds, if your deck is mp3 compatable, then just make 5 or so discs. If someone does break in then its only 5 mp3 cds or so, rather than a 200 case of actual 20 dollar each cds. There were 2 cars at work that were broken into last year, they stole a cell, and a purse in one car. In the other car they stole a pack of smokes, and the person's lunch bag. Thieves will steal just about anything, so if they are going to steal a lunch bag then cds are a prime thing to take.

Sorry to hear that this happened to you man, but this just one of those live and learn situations. Now that this has happened you won't leave anything vauable in your car, and if you do keep it hidden. In the end result there is only so much that you can do, but the littlest pre-caution you can do is better than not taking caution at all...

cman
04-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I know of another where the window was pried open in Calgary on a 2 door, they even disabled the alarm. Why just 2 doors? Did they get caught after?
Not sure, but 90% of goods was recovered from various pawn shops by CPS.