PDA

View Full Version : what are my chances?

jer82
04-17-2006, 11:08 AM
I recently recieved a speeding ticked and I am wondering what my chances of getting out of it are. The main reason why I think i can get it removed is because they wrote the wrong city down on the ticket. I live in Airdrie and on the ticket the officer wrote my address down as calgary.

I am wondering what my chances of getting off on this are?

any help would be great!!

Clanche
04-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Since he wrote the wrong city down I think that pretty much makes the ticket void. Just go to court and fight it, my guess is that you will win.

jer82
04-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I have heard that if they screw up the address it will get tossed but I always wondered if that was just a tall tale.

shawtie
04-17-2006, 11:33 AM
read this

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108216

jer82
04-17-2006, 11:38 AM
I did take a look at that but NOW i see that I must have missed a paragraph. thats kinda what I figured but it may help I am hoping. I mostly want to get the demerits taken off as it is only 20kms over.. stupid memorial going from 70 to 50 :banghead:

Clanche
04-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by jer82
I did take a look at that but NOW i see that I must have missed a paragraph. thats kinda what I figured but it may help I am hoping. I mostly want to get the demerits taken off as it is only 20kms over.. stupid memorial going from 70 to 50 :banghead:

i hear sometimes what they'll do is cancel your demerits and lower your fine.

pinoyhero
04-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Go to court and fight it man, you may not even get infront of the judge before having it either reduced or even thrown out. I would go if I were you.

Remember...be polite while you're there.

shawtie
04-17-2006, 11:42 AM
go talk to the crown see if you can get it lowered or just the demerits taken off.

and next time drive with your eyes open so you see the sign that says 50 LOL only 20km over..........ONLY??? haha

good luck

Alex_FORD
04-17-2006, 06:09 PM
I recently recieved a speeding ticked and I am wondering what my chances of getting out of it are. The main reason why I think i can get it removed is because they wrote the wrong city down on the ticket. I live in Airdrie and on the ticket the officer wrote my address down as calgary.

How do you plan on showing up with ticket in hand, claiming that the cop got your address wrong so therefore it wasn't you that got the speeding ticket? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

moe007
04-17-2006, 06:13 PM
GO FIGHT IT

Alex_FORD
04-17-2006, 07:23 PM

I think you should use this inacuracy to suggest that you were only going 1 kmph over the speed limit but you beleive that the police officer wrote your speed down wrong, too. :devil:

jer82
04-18-2006, 07:49 AM
thats kinda what I was thinking, saying something like "if an officer missed that type of detail what frame of mind could he have been? and how accurate could he have been reading the laser gun?" I dunno I have a couple of days to decide but I am going to fight it for sure.

I have also heard that you can plead guilty to a registered owner or something and then its just like a photo radar, I am not sure on the specifics of this thought, I figured I would throw it out there to see what people have heard or done with this option?

jer82
04-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Well they just stripped the demerits, as was indicated above the wrong city thing has no bearing on anything. Thanks for all of the response.

katerina
04-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey everyone.

Sorry to add to this, but I got my first ever ticket today. I admit I was speeding, but my cruise control was set for below 120 kph and I was apparently clocked for 124 kph.

I've been thinking about having my spedometer checked. Has anyone done this? What is the cost? If I talk to the Crown, will it have any real bearing?

Thanks!

Traffic_Cop
04-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Wrong address is not a fatal error, crown can request an ammendment to the ticket/charge withing 6 months of offence date.

Wrong addresses generally occur on the old Ab drivers licences where the address change is on the rear.

Did you provide the Police Officer with this address?, or did you move and not inform Ab registries?.

jer82
04-19-2006, 07:13 PM
I have a new license and the proper address was on it. it clearly says Airdrie AB. the rest of the address is fine.