PDA

View Full Version : New housing development??

RawB8figure
04-17-2006, 02:39 PM
How do you find out where they are building new communities. Looking more to the west part of calgary.

Thanks

redblack
04-17-2006, 03:53 PM
try this website
http://www.crhba.com/

RawB8figure
04-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Checked out that site, shows a few new developments.

Could reallly find any townhouses on there, they just had house prices without lot.

kaput
04-17-2006, 05:04 PM

RawB8figure
04-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I am also looking to buy a townhouse.
I cant find where they are building new ones.
how much you looking to spend.

variable_x
04-18-2006, 02:00 PM
I believe they are building some townhouses up north in conventry hills. One of my friend just brought a condo there recently. I think she paid 210k for a 900 sq ft condo.

turab16
05-13-2006, 01:21 AM
SILVERADO!! is the next big area in SW
Off of spruce meadows trail or highway 22x!!

vadeit
05-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Anyone know what is going on with the land between Riverbend and Douglas Glen? I drove by there yesterday and saw that they where working on the land between Riverbend and that cement piping plant. Are houses going in there or what?

Oz-
05-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by vadeit
Anyone know what is going on with the land between Riverbend and Douglas Glen? I drove by there yesterday and saw that they where working on the land between Riverbend and that cement piping plant. Are houses going in there or what?

Called Quarry Park, forgot who sold it to Remmington. But they are going to develop it and move their headquarters into that area. Something like 1 million cubic meters of dirt has to be taken out and then put back in, to replace the old lafarge dirt.

I think sometime next year they might be starting with phase 1.

vadeit
05-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

Called Quarry Park, forgot who sold it to Remmington. But they are going to develop it and move their headquarters into that area. Something like 1 million cubic meters of dirt has to be taken out and then put back in, to replace the old lafarge dirt.

I think sometime next year they might be starting with phase 1.

Thanks for the info.

Here is the website if anyone is interested.

http://www.quarrypark.ca/index.html

I live in Riverbend now and I think I will seriously consider this development when I start looking for a new house in a year or two.

RawB8figure
05-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Anyone know whos developing by the new costco in the NW off of sarcee

thanks

Oz-
05-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by RawB8figure
Anyone know whos developing by the new costco in the NW off of sarcee

thanks

Is that Kincora/Sherwood area? If so, its most likely Genesis.

EDIT

Sorry that was before I left for work this morning. If I remember correctly its Intergulf developing directly beside the land by the new costco and then Genesis developing the next adjacent land there.

As well a new community will probably be going into Phase 1 sometime next year, it is called Sage Hill and will be huge.

nonsane
05-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Every friday i believe the Calgary Herald has a "New Homes" and "New Condos" section, both should show where the new townhouses are.

dkdelrey
06-07-2006, 11:26 AM
im selling my townhouse rite now in tuscany n.w.
visit www.mls.ca for details and pictures mls# c3213643

or if you want ... i will be selling my condo unit on 14th floor in
downtown calgary... probably on september. no pictures yet.
corner unit with lots of windows, deck facing northwest.
VANTAGE POINTE

don
[email protected]
889 6637

maximus5502
06-08-2006, 11:22 AM
There will be a luxury condo building coming up on the corner of 24th Avenue and Centre Street NW.

Very well appointed and looks real nice.

I talked to one of the architects that was doing the designing, going to be a small building with only 14 units and heated under ground parking and fheated floors in all the units.

Supposedly there was over $150,000.00 spent on drawings by Calgary's and most recognized firm (Poon McKenzie).

I hear it's going to be real nice and a great location!!!

grock698
06-15-2006, 09:12 PM
there are going to be 2 new communitys in Se calgary Seton and Mahogony. Seton is south of aburn bay. and Mahogony is E of auburn bay.

i think mahogony is going to be built first since they already have a community plan but seton does not yet.