PDA

View Full Version : When did the bargain finder start charging for listing in thier paper?

Thaco
04-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I just called to list something in there and they want $21 a week to list it... last i checked it was all 100% free (with a few exceptions) when did this change?

kaput
04-17-2006, 04:57 PM
http://www.buysell.com/sell/online/options/options_bf.aspx?otid=FILVHKLPHIOOFOPP

yellowsnow
04-17-2006, 04:58 PM
^^ :confused: that didn't answer his question at all

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 05:02 PM
about 7 months ago the deadline changed from 6pm monday to 12pm.. deal

nismodrifter
04-17-2006, 05:03 PM
[email protected]

FREE!!!! NO HASSLE!

EMAIL THEM IN!

Make sure you put your price and phone number!

I don't know if these free ads go online anymore but they DO go in the paper version for sure. Sold 2 cars this way (wrecked Mercedes and a 93' Pathfinder)+ tons of other stuff.

Just email them in every week whenever you get a second, copy/paste, done.

kaput
04-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
^^ :confused: that didn't answer his question at all

Thats their website...

SunniSunShine
04-17-2006, 05:08 PM
free ads are pointless in the Bargain Finder...they are way to small to sell anything, not to mention they dont go on the website ...pay for it and youll get a huge ad :)

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 05:17 PM
flame war time

ninjak84
04-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Try beyond sponsor www.publicautomotives.com to buy/sell your car.
It's local Calgary, and 100% free :)

shawtie
04-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by SunniSunShine
free ads are pointless in the Bargain Finder...they are way to small to sell anything, not to mention they dont go on the website ...

Yes they sure do go on the website!!

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Try beyond sponsor www.publicautomotives.com to buy/sell your car.
It's local Calgary, and 100% free :)

and 1% of the city knows about it, lets sell a vehicle with 0 exposure.. gooo common sense...

.. if you were to advertise for free with 0 exposure or pay to get great exposure which would you choose?

i rest my case :closed:

SunniSunShine
04-17-2006, 05:37 PM
its $8.56 to put an ad on the website for 1 week and that includes the paper

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Cheeky

Yes they sure do go on the website!!

im sure she meant instantaneously :rolleyes:

Thaco
04-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
[email protected]

FREE!!!! NO HASSLE!

EMAIL THEM IN!

Make sure you put your price and phone number!

I don't know if these free ads go online anymore but they DO go in the paper version for sure. Sold 2 cars this way (wrecked Mercedes and a 93' Pathfinder)+ tons of other stuff.

Just email them in every week whenever you get a second, copy/paste, done.

thanks i just emailed it in, hopefully it'll be in print on thursday...

shawtie
04-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby

im sure she meant instantaneously :rolleyes:

they dont go in the paper either right away !!

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 05:56 PM
100% wont be in on thursday the deadline is at noon on monday!

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 05:59 PM

they dont go in the paper either right away !!

are you retarded. she was talking about paying for the ads to get them on the website right away, what do you want a bargainfinder to print everytime someone pays to put an ad in?

Thaco
04-17-2006, 05:59 PM
100% wont be in on thursday the deadline is at noon on monday! oh i thought it was 6pm, oh well, hopefully the car will be gone long before then.

shawtie
04-17-2006, 06:00 PM
its $8.56 to put an ad on the website for 1 week and that includes the paper

umm.....when you call in to get an add put in the paper its free, as long as its not animals costing more than $100, not sure about vehicles though(probably cost money too) ??

you can put just online ads in the bargain finder for free though!

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 06:02 PM
ok buddy i dont work there or anything :confused:

Thaco
04-17-2006, 06:03 PM

umm.....when you call in to get an add put in the paper its free, as long as its not animals costing more than $100, not sure about vehicles though(probably cost money too) ??

maybe that's why it costed money, even though the car is for parts... but we never got that far.

Oh well.

shawtie
04-17-2006, 06:03 PM

are you retarded. she was talking about paying for the ads to get them on the website right away, what do you want a bargainfinder to print everytime someone pays to put an ad in?

No, but apparently you ARE! online only ads start at free, and depending what you want to add to it then they start charging you.

thats not what i was talking about.

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 06:05 PM
dude he called the office and wanted to get it in for thursdays paper after the deadline there are charges for that, one of which is $8.56 which can put your ad on the website right away....on the website if you do an online only free ad you cannot place a vehicle ad... so i strongly suggest you get off your high horse and get your facts straight..

plsthxbaibai

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM

No, but apparently you ARE! online only ads start at free, and depending what you want to add to it then they start charging you.

thats not what i was talking about.

and also ONLINE ONLY ads dont go ONLINE right away, which brings me back to the original point that to get an ad instantly onto the website it costs $8.56

SunniSunShine
04-17-2006, 06:07 PM

FREE ADS in the bargain finder are small ads and they only go in for 1 week but if you were to pay for your ad, they will make your a huge and put it in the website which is the number 1 advertsing website in Alberta. THE WEBSITE isnt free for vehicles. Sometimes we just tell people they are free but it realy isnt. The ads only go online if you pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...TRY IF YOU LIKE ... 255-3511 ...........GO HARD DUMB ASS...............

shawtie
04-17-2006, 06:16 PM
dude he called the office and wanted to get it in for thursdays paper after the deadline there are charges for that, one of which is $8.56 which can put your ad on the website right away....on the website if you do an online only free ad you cannot place a vehicle ad... so i strongly suggest you get off your high horse and get your facts straight..

plsthxbaibai

I wasnt talking about it being free if he wanted it in later then the deadline!

and also ONLINE ONLY ads dont go ONLINE right away, which brings me back to the original point that to get an ad instantly onto the website it costs $8.56

no the free ones dont go online right away, takes a few hours depending on when you do it.

FREE ADS in the bargain finder are small ads and they only go in for 1 week but if you were to pay for your ad, they will make your a huge and put it in the website which is the number 1 advertsing website in Alberta. THE WEBSITE isnt free. Sometimes we just tell people they are free but it realy isnt. The ads only go online if you pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...TRY IF YOU LIKE ... 255-3511 GO HARD DUMB ASS

Yes they are small ads, BUT these small free ads also go on the website every thursday. Ok miss smarty pants then explain to me WHY myself and many others have put free online ads ONLINE?

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 06:27 PM

WELL THATS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT

no the free ones dont go online right away, takes a few hours depending on when you do it.

THANKS ITS BEEN STATED ALREADY AND ONCE AGAIN FREE ADS ARE FOR GARBAGE LIKE YOUR BROKEN LAWNMOWER, VEHICLE ADS ARE NOT FREE ON THE WEBSITE

Yes they are small ads, BUT these small free ads also go on the website every thursday. Ok miss smarty pants then explain to me WHY myself and many others have put free online ads ONLINE?

every thursday for advantage members only.. and the following monday for everyone else.. i dont know who you think you are though honestly :banghead:

SunniSunShine
04-17-2006, 06:27 PM

BECAUSE YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY THE STUPIDEST PERSON EVER AND THOUGHT YOU MAY HAVE SEEN YOUR AD BUT IT WASNT ON THERE, unless you paid..... WHY DONT YOU GET IT...HELLLLLO STUPID....I AM A PARTIAL OWNER OF THE BARGAIN FINDER/BUYSELL.COM.......THANKS FOR COMIN OUT THOUGH :)

shawtie
04-17-2006, 06:32 PM

BECAUSE YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY THE STUPIDEST PERSON EVER AND THOUGHT YOU MAY HAVE SEEN YOUR AD BUT IT WASNT ON THERE, unless you paid..... WHY DONT YOU GET IT...HELLLLLO STUPID....I AM A PARTIAL OWNER OF THE BARGAIN FINDER/BUYSELL.COM.......THANKS FOR COMIN OUT THOUGH :)

Ok whatever, you are oviously to stupid to understand what the fuck im talking about....woooo partial owner dont you feel fuckin special, apparently you dont get your own fucking site!

so i seen my ad on there but it wasnt on there??? ya ok.....STFU!!

SunniSunShine
04-17-2006, 06:45 PM

Ok whatever, you are oviously to stupid to understand what the fuck im talking about....woooo partial owner dont you feel fuckin special, apparently you dont get your own fucking site!

so i seen my ad on there but it wasnt on there??? ya ok.....STFU!!

HAHA wow you are gonna keep going eh? Hahah this is funny, sorry hun but yeah i do understand my business very well and you didnt ever put an ad on my website for free. NEVER HAPPENED.. get over it...oh and yeah i do feel very Special about what i have become..being a partial owner of a huge company is a very big accomplishment!! haha what do you do? Wait dont tell me..im too busy making loads of cash BIOTCH :closed:

shawtie
04-17-2006, 06:51 PM
you know fuck all about your company then, its quite oviouse!

SunniSunShine
04-17-2006, 06:57 PM
you know fuck all about your company then, its quite oviouse!

HUMM ok there..man you really are stupid..oh by the way, NICE comeback on that, i obviously do know all that i need to know about my business OH and YOU OBVIOUSLY dont know how to spell "oviouse" HAHA GUYS we have a dumbie on our hands!!!:clap:

Thaco
04-17-2006, 06:59 PM

HAHA wow you are gonna keep going eh? Hahah this is funny, sorry hun but yeah i do understand my business very well and you didnt ever put an ad on my website for free. NEVER HAPPENED..

Then please tell me i am seeing things when i see this page

http://www.buysell.com/sell/online/options/options_bf.aspx?otid=FILVHKLPHIOOFOPP

shawtie
04-17-2006, 07:01 PM
this coming from some dumb bitch that has pamela anderson as her avi?? ya ok fuck off

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 07:04 PM
im sure she is talking about vehicle ads, right Thaco .. thats what you are placing isnt it?

http://www.buysell.com/sell/online/options/online_only_policy_bf.aspx

and

http://www.buysell.com/sell/online/options/prices_bf.aspx

remember prices online and in office are drastically different..

Bill Cosby
04-17-2006, 07:05 PM
this coming from some dumb bitch that has pamela anderson as her avi?? ya ok fuck off

dude shut the fuck up, you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, you have confused yourself and others in the process of being a complete and uber retard, shut your god damn mouth.. period

djayz
04-17-2006, 07:06 PM
wanna stick to the topic? or take it to pm?
:closed:

Thaco
04-17-2006, 07:07 PM
just close it, i got some help from a member to list it.

No more flame war. please close

:closed: :closed:

SunniSunShine
04-17-2006, 07:12 PM
THE END :)

szw
04-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Nice, almost every person in this thread except the original poster is on my ignore list!

EK 2.0
04-17-2006, 07:23 PM
ok people...not really gaining anything with said thread...so...