PDA

View Full Version : Computer Error

anarchy
04-17-2006, 10:29 PM
My laptop makes funny noises (beeps) once in a while and my computer just slows down and I get the blue screen of death. I think it happens most when I try to dl something.

The blue screen says

Kernal__Inpage_Error or something like that

anyone knows what that means?

Nova316
04-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Virus maybe, or im guessing your experiencing a crash
next time it happens write down the entire code that it says
and oyu can more or less google it to see what the problem is

anarchy
04-17-2006, 10:34 PM
I did a virus scan and it still happens

But okay thanks.
I figured it was more of a hardware problem cuz of the beeps and noises it was making. Maybe the Ram or Hard drive?
:dunno:

*EDIT*
So it just happened again and it said KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and error 0x0000007a

I googled and got this link

not exactly sure what it means I need to do though...http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=130801

Ben
04-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Generally this error is related to the forshadowing of a hard disk failure.. If you mention it happens during downloads (hard disk writing) and it slows up, it only makes me feel more sure of this.

Now it's often difficult to tell if its the actual hard disk or the controller, but I'm thinkin a new HDD is in your near future.

I would back up everything you can, while you can.

For the hell of it you could download spybot search and destroy, as there COULD be an issue w/ your master boot record, however this is tough to say. You could also try disabling "System Caching" in your BIOS to see if that helps out at all (RAM issue is also a possibility).

But...I still stand by my original diagnosis.

anarchy
04-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah I have search and destroy ran that and it still happens

I'm thinking I may need a new hard drive.

Thanks Ben that helped a lot! :thumbsup:

Ben
04-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by anarchy
Yeah I have search and destroy ran that and it still happens

I'm thinking I may need a new hard drive.

Thanks Ben that helped a lot! :thumbsup:

No problem, In my line of work I've come accross all sorts of shit, haha, had this happen at one joint I was at on both a laptop and a desktop. Both lost use of their drives a couple weeks after it was noticed. Conveniently I was never told about it till AFTER they died.

"Whaaaa, I lost all my important documents"

"ORLY? Thats why you use the mapped network drives for your work!"

lol