PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy fiberglass?

yohan4ws
03-26-2003, 10:23 AM
I want to do a fiberglass sub enclosure, where's a good place in calgary to pickup the material I need and what should i get, how much..

1992 prelude 4ws .. out with the spare tire in with the thud!

5gluder
03-26-2003, 10:58 AM
I got my stuff from Industrial plastics & paints.

Illusionsir
03-26-2003, 12:34 PM
the cheapest place i have found so far for Resin and hardner is Rona. the best place for parts (brushes, gloves, sandpaper, ect..) is home depot(the cheapest). if you want the actually matting i've found that crappy tire is the best. the quality of the chop mat is really good and you can buy it in bulk and not those ghey little packets!

If you need a hand let me know, ive been fiberglassing for a loooong time.

ps. if your using fiberglass for the top layer of your sub enclosure, you`ll have to get bondo for sure, and i like to use feather fill as well but you dont REALLY need it, it just makes a smoother surface.

yohan4ws
03-26-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir
the cheapest place i have found so far for Resin and hardner is Rona. the best place for parts (brushes, gloves, sandpaper, ect..) is home depot(the cheapest). if you want the actually matting i've found that crappy tire is the best. the quality of the chop mat is really good and you can buy it in bulk and not those ghey little packets!

If you need a hand let me know, ive been fiberglassing for a loooong time.

ps. if your using fiberglass for the top layer of your sub enclosure, you`ll have to get bondo for sure, and i like to use feather fill as well but you dont REALLY need it, it just makes a smoother surface.

Any help would be awesome! I think it's going to snow here tomorrow (frikin Calgary) but I'll probably clean out the trunk tonight and start taking measurements.

I want to use a MDF top and then put on a false floor to flush my amps and raise them off the trunk floor also, then carpet, maybe throw a piece of plexi over the subt ... but first and foremost I need to make the fiber enclosure ..

How much of each do you think I should grab ?..

drop me a line also, [email protected]