PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Xbox 360's going to HD-DVD drives?

Hollywood
04-18-2006, 05:18 PM
I know this was a topic before with xbox 360. They now have released HD-DVD's. So I'm wondering if there is any news? To compete with blue-ray ps3.

rage2
04-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Microsoft announced that it'll be an addon drive.

heavyD
04-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Microsoft announced that it'll be an addon drive.

It's expected to be released this fall at around $125-150 US.

rage2
04-24-2006, 11:35 AM
It'll be interesting how HD-DVD movies would work on the xbox360, since it does not have and DVI/HDMI/HDCP connections. It's still unknown what movies will have the ICT flag set, which makes it downres to 960 x 540 over component. Meaning if some studios hop on the ICT flag bandwagon, those movies won't be playable in HD on the 360.

Xtrema
04-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by rage2
It'll be interesting how HD-DVD movies would work on the xbox360, since it does not have and DVI/HDMI/HDCP connections. It's still unknown what movies will have the ICT flag set, which makes it downres to 960 x 540 over component. Meaning if some studios hop on the ICT flag bandwagon, those movies won't be playable in HD on the 360.

I thought movie stuidos are going to abandon the ICT flag downres. That's still on the table?

rage2
04-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Only some studios have abandoned the ICT flag. Sony being the first, to give blu-ray a much needed advantage. But remember, that decision can be changed for future movie releases. For example, if blu-ray won the war, and HD-DVD gets phased out, they can enable the ICT flag for all future releases, and the problem's back. The flag's not being removed in hardware, just turned off by the first movie releases.

googe
04-24-2006, 11:56 AM
i also read that was dropped.

also, xbox360 games wont be hd-dvd. itll just play hd-dvd movies.

Xtrema
04-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Where can I find a HD-DVD/Blu-ray movie release matrix/schedule? There are a few titles I don't mind viewing in HD (LOTR/Star Wars/Matrix etc...... and yes I'm a nerd).

googe
04-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

It's expected to be released this fall at around $125-150 US.

$100 USD

googe
04-24-2006, 12:14 PM
supposedly from MS

-Xbox 360 Premium Pack price is going to drop $100 in October.
-Xbox 360 Core Pack price is going to drop $80 in October
-Gears of War is going to be released the last week of October with an huge marketing campaign at global scale.
-HD-DVD for the next month of September. Add-on that you can connect to the USB 2.0 port. It is going to be priced for $100
-New HardDisk Drive with 100GB of storage, price and date not specified.
-Webcam "My Eye on you", for the month of September with a price of $50 without game and $75 with a game.
-Xbox Backward compatibility list is going to be updated in June with 50 new titles
-The capacity of the Xbox Live Servers is going to be 5 times more than the actual servers
-Halo 3 is going to be in the market the next month of March, in E3 we are going to see the first videos.
-Possibility of an "urban game" that could be GTA. Microsoft is working on it and this isn´t a joke.
-A possible price drop in Xbox Live Gold or it is going to be free because they are going to get money with promotional advices.
-From the next month of October we are going to change some records in some games for "MSpoints".
-Paramount Pictures and Microsoft has anounced an agreement where Paramount is going to provide HD content to Xbox Live.
-NBC has signed with Microsoft for the possibility of see the online tournaments like an sports live retransmisión.
-Aliance between Epic and Microsoft for exclusive content in Xbox Live.
-Creation of a Dashboard for kids.
-A new service in june: Download and play.
-Rare is working in Kameo 2 since before the release of Kameo. Is going to come before than expected.
-MS is working for an upgraded friend list (until 200 contacts)
-Virtual Console with Sega games before the next month of October
-An spectacular upgrade in the number of Xbox Live Arcade games in the next months.
-New look for Dashboard.

habsfan
04-24-2006, 01:02 PM
premium pack price drop eh...i may have to jump in if thats the case

Hollywood
04-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Wow that's a lot of updates. Microsoft is pretty serious about the 360!

BigBadVlad
04-24-2006, 07:20 PM
First HD-DVD that I have seen... errr know of:poosie:
http://cover6.cduniverse.com/CDUCoverart/Adult/Large/Front/6938127.jpg

darkbanana
04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
:poosie:

nice movie

rage2
04-24-2006, 07:54 PM
mmm Devon! She's not as hot in Pirates as her earlier films... ;)

Neil4Speed
04-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by BigBadVlad
First HD-DVD that I have seen... errr know of:poosie:
http://cover6.cduniverse.com/CDUCoverart/Adult/Large/Front/6938127.jpg

Huh, its pretty funny that they chose to release a DVD that no one has even seen (I don't remember any trailers for it), that went straight to Video, as their initial choice for the first HD-DVD.

Judging by the cover one would think it would be weird situational adult content or something! hah.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-24-2006, 08:56 PM
*Insert "Booty" Joke Here*

Bill Cosby
04-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
Wow that's a lot of updates. Microsoft is pretty serious about the 360!

read the grammar and points in that post it sounds like BS.. they wouldnt release official info with that kind of vocab/grammar

googe
04-24-2006, 10:51 PM
^it was a translation from an interview

Hollywood
04-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Huh, its pretty funny that they chose to release a DVD that no one has even seen (I don't remember any trailers for it), that went straight to Video, as their initial choice for the first HD-DVD.

Judging by the cover one would think it would be weird situational adult content or something! hah.

There are other HD-DVD's. I think they are all shitty movies tho.