PDA

View Full Version : cops are bad

sillyd
03-26-2003, 12:28 PM
I was driving down memorial by the zoo, was kinda speeding (always) but not too much when i noticed this big 'ol truck come racing up behind me. He was right on my ass, if i even tapped my brakes he would have hit me, like super close to me. I got nervous so i sped up slightly until i passed the 2 cars in right lane and then moved over for him. As soon as i did the lights went on, and i got busted for speeding.

Tried to tell him about this and he didn't care at all.
Friggin cops.

topher91
03-26-2003, 12:30 PM
What were u drivin??

RiceCake
03-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Madd cops out today busting speeders.

When I left my house this morning, Country Hills golf course had 3 crusiers in there pulling so many people over, going down to elbow there were 2 cruisers parked there doing the exact same thing.

They're everywhere today!

CRXguy
03-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Was it a Tahoe? The boxy-shaped style?

I almost got busted a couple days ago. Driving about 10 over, and I pulled up behind it and saw blacked out windows and wheels. Got next to the guy at the lights, and it was a friggin' unmarked unit. :eek:

RiceCake
03-26-2003, 12:37 PM
I see that white suberban sometimes and man he likes to follow people pretty damn close, just urging you to speed up... GRRR...

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by RiceCake
I see that white suberban sometimes and man he likes to follow people pretty damn close, just urging you to speed up... GRRR...

when that sonovabitch follows you close, slam your breaks down and make money off the CPS

ConVict
03-26-2003, 01:14 PM
cops shouldnt be aloud to do that, its kinda forcing you to speed. Not that you could prove it or anything of the like. But who here would acually slam on their brakes because a guy is following a little to close. I know we all think we will, but never do. Plus I am sure if it happened the officer could weasel his way out of it by saying you did it on purpose when you saw it was a cop or something ?!?!

kinda fucked if you do, fucked if you dont kinda thing

rsxrsx
03-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by sillyd
Friggin cops.

Isn't it that time of month where the cpos got to me their monthly quota, maybe that's why he bucked you...still vey unfair:thumbsdow

hjr
03-26-2003, 02:07 PM
i always slow right down, like below the limit to piss those folks off, and it works well if they are the fuzz too because then you really cant get a ticket.

MerfBall
03-26-2003, 03:43 PM
Yah tha sucks, just stay the speed limit... I always do that to tail gaters or I slow down even more maybe 5-10 under. and if they hit you, well it is 100% their fault no matter what, even if you slammed on your brakes the onus is on the person following you to keep a safe distance.

three.eighteen.
03-26-2003, 04:02 PM
works better if you go between 2 gears, coasting a little bit in 3rd, then downshifting to 2nd to accelerate back up to speed limit, break speed limit by five, coast...repeat...

Phats
03-26-2003, 04:55 PM
I don't think slamming on the brakes with a big suburban right behind you is such a good idea, the damn thing will probably kill you when it hits your car

Paul
03-26-2003, 05:05 PM
i got a bullshi* ticket for looking suspecious! I was driving around this building looking for a phone number cuz one of the bays was up for lease, the cop saw me and gave me a ticket. He said i looked suspecious...er? okay. Anyways he starts going off about how my exhaust is illegal and every other mod on my car was illegal...er? okay. Just wondering if anyone's gotten a ticket for their exhaust and how much it was, Oh yeah...it wasn't because my exhaust was too loud, it was because it was too shiney and it could blind other drivers...er? okay.

DAMN YOU APEXi and your shiney exhaust's!!!!!!!!!

sillyd
03-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by topher91
What were u drivin??

Drivin '98 grand cherokee limited (still lookin for a teg)

rage2
03-26-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Paul
Anyways he starts going off about how my exhaust is illegal and every other mod on my car was illegal...er? okay. Just wondering if anyone's gotten a ticket for their exhaust and how much it was, Oh yeah...it wasn't because my exhaust was too loud, it was because it was too shiney and it could blind other drivers...er? okay.

DAMN YOU APEXi and your shiney exhaust's!!!!!!!!!

Mufflers
46(1) A motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine shall be equipped with an exhaust muffler consisting of a series of pipes or chambers which ensures that the exhaust gases from the engine are cooled and expelled without excessive noise and without the emission of any flame or sparks.

46(2) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine when the muffler with which the vehicle is equipped is cut out or disconnected from the engine.

46(3) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler from which has been removed a baffle-plate or other part.

46(4) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler, the exhaust outlet of which has been opened or widened.

46(5) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler or exhaust system to which is attached any device which increases the noise of the expulsion of the gases from the engine or allows a flame to be ignited from the exhaust system.

46(6) This section does not apply to a school bus having a capacity of 24 or more passengers.

Slap that exhaust to a 24 passenger school bus, and you're good to go! :rofl:

GingeRRRBeef
03-26-2003, 08:22 PM
haha I've had that happen to me sooo many times ... it kinda sux too because my rear windows are tinted so it make it even harder to see. But when some rides my ass, I slow down even more. :D

I mean, if it was free flowing traffic and someone's riding your ass and if they're not a cop, they'll change lanes and pass you. But if it is a cop then well, you'll be alright. However, if your stuck in traffic or in a fair amount of traffic having someone ride your ass is really no big deal because you ain't driving any faster and neither is the other guy.

Ferio_vti
03-26-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by hjr
i always slow right down, like below the limit to piss those folks off, and it works well if they are the fuzz too because then you really cant get a ticket.

Yah, cop or not, if anyone is tailing me I'll go the speed limit. I'm not about to speed up to accommidate for others who are gonna be assholes and tail.

air_mikey
03-26-2003, 08:59 PM
if anyone tails me i just slow down. then watch them get pissed at me, go into the other lane, then i speed up until i come side by side with another car and box the person in. LOL pisses the hell outta them but thats what they get for tailing me.
LOL i got my girlfriend to start doign that too.

lammer
03-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by air_mikey
if anyone tails me i just slow down. then watch them get pissed at me, go into the other lane, then i speed up until i come side by side with another car and box the person in. LOL pisses the hell outta them but thats what they get for tailing me.

hahahha thats what i do.. its great.

RiceCake
03-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by air_mikey

:werd: Do the same thing, but you gotta watch out for some of those mofo's. I once did that and the dude followed me for the longest time before I ditched him in the lot of a parking mall... Guy tried to ram me with his s10 :eek:

hjr
03-27-2003, 12:23 AM
I really dont mind folks blowen by me, i just cant stand being tail for no reason, like on a 2 or 3 lane road. Ahhhh. just thinking about it makes me all flustered.

max_boost
03-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by sillyd
I was driving down memorial by the zoo, was kinda speeding (always) but not too much when i noticed this big 'ol truck come racing up behind me. He was right on my ass, if i even tapped my brakes he would have hit me, like super close to me. I got nervous so i sped up slightly until i passed the 2 cars in right lane and then moved over for him. As soon as i did the lights went on, and i got busted for speeding.

Friggin cops.

This is what I think happened.....
The cops saw you speeding and are going to pull you over anyway. The tailing part is something that they ALWAYS do before they pull you over, to run your plates etc.

I'm usually going at 10km over the limit
Because when you go the limit the person behind you is going like 5 km slower than you etc. etc.
So going the speed limit almost creates a traffic jam haha How's that for a reason to speed? lol