PDA

View Full Version : Best place for alignment

j0nblayz
04-19-2006, 05:04 PM
hey guys, wondering whats the best place for a 4 wheel alignment for my e36 325i?

I called around for prices, cms is the cheapest, then alvin automotives, then calgary bmw

i dont know if cms usually do bmw's or not so i'm not to sure if i wanna bring it there, but alvin seems to do alot of the m series from the rep i was talking to.

My car is being lowered today, and i got 17's if that matters.

Let me know what shops you guys have used for alignments and the prices you guys paid. thanx

ACS-e36
04-19-2006, 05:29 PM
tirecraft also does alignments
make sure you get it spec'd to the suspension your putting in... ie 99 M3 etc;)

troyl
04-19-2006, 05:32 PM
A1 Autobody

Bill Cosby
04-19-2006, 05:53 PM
i heard my tires has some pretty wicked rates

EG_Civic
04-19-2006, 06:01 PM
gettin mines done,. this friday

j0nblayz
04-19-2006, 06:18 PM
acs-e36, i think its your old suspension that simon is installin on mine.. haha..

anyone got some prices? price from what i seen ranges frm 69.99 to 149.99

BMW346i
04-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Go to Alvin Automotive for alignments, especially on lowered BMW's. Very honest and a real enthusiast. Good price too.

:goflames:

2m0a0x2
04-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by BMW346i
Go to Alvin Automotive for alignments, especially on lowered BMW's. Very honest and a real enthusiast. Good price too.

:goflames:

Yup. I got mine done for $75 bucks, and it's consistently that much. But last time I went there....ehh...don't know about honesty.....

They tell me they only drove it around the block.

Get in my car, it's fully warmed up. Around the block my ass.

FatboyTheHungry
04-19-2006, 08:59 PM
I get all mine done at Precision Alignment & Brake, 60 bux any car. That includes my bimmer, EK, and Rav4. Great price, and the alignment is PERFECT.

j0nblayz
04-20-2006, 09:11 AM
hey thanx for all the responses.. but what do you guys think about woodridge ford doing my alignment? my girlfriend is the service advisor there and she can hook me up with a deal, the tech whos gonna work on my car says he can do it no problem with it being lowered and with 17's. I got my new suspension installed last night, props to simon for doing a great job. But having some shaking problem now, and one of my rear wheels is now badly toe'd in, so need an alignment soon as possible. I'm suppose to bring my car in today at 12, please let me know what you guys think about woodridge ford, if i should bring it in or not. They have done great work on my car before, but never an alignment, so i dont know what kinda job they do. Thanx

ACS-e36
04-20-2006, 02:11 PM
shaking is probably ball joints need replacing

j0nblayz
04-22-2006, 12:57 AM
alignment went pretty good, got it done at my girls work, didn't cost nothing for me. and he did a great job. But he couldn't do my rear camber, since he didn't have the required weights. But i did a quick manual measurements in the rear camber, and it seems to be right on so i'm no too worried. my toes are all aligned which was what i was worried about the most. While jacked up, i found out that i got a nail stuck in the rear tire, i knew something was wrong, kept loosing pressure in that one tire. Gonna go to canadian tire to get it patched. Thanx everyone for helpin

eblend
05-21-2006, 10:53 PM
not sure how old this thread is, but i decided to bring it up from the dead instead of starting my own. Just got some low pro 19s with polished lip and will be doing allignment very soon. Most I am woried about is them damaging my lip, which of the places above uses newer technology that doesn't damage the rims?

Thanks

tabouli
05-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Call us at CMS, we do BMWs and 19s daily